[JOB] Software Engineer (f/m) - gigmit.com

Andreas Kürbis

Oct 24, 2016, 3:18:17 AM10/24/16
to RUG-B
We are looking for a software engineer to help us improve our application infrastructure on the backend side as well as bringing our ideas to life.
By the way, you will work with me.

Your future field of duty

Conceptioning, development, migration and maintenance of the complete infrastructure and backend applications of gigmit.com. A platform with over 40.000 artists, 3.500 promoters and an uncountable number of interactions between these users.

Your attributes
  • You have personality, passion, knowledge and experience
  • An academical degree in computer science or the like is welcomed. But it isn’t necessarily a disadvantage if you rather spent time gaining experiences in server rooms, programming languages or terminals than lecture halls
  • You know how to break down a monolith into single services and earned your credits on the field already.
  • You’re principled if it comes to software development and you know a lot about: object-oriented design, functional programming, algorithmic complexity and software design patterns.
  • You appreciate the tried and trusted but you’re also open towards new technologies and think laterally from time to time.
  • A „fast iteration“ culture doesn’t irritate, but motivates you.
  • You accept responsibility, create own ideas and you try to share your knowledge regularly.
Our current stack

Our main players are Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, Redis, Sidekiq, Elasticsearch, Nginx, Puppet and AWS S3.

Our offer
  • The possibility of significant influence in the development of gigmit and the live music industry. Don’t just be another cog in a machine
  • enjoy the flexibility of time and place of your work (we have a nice office located in Kreuzberg/Neukölln though)
  • pick any tools you feel comfortable with
  • long-term perspective to build up your own team
  • you name it