[JOB] Javascript & Ruby Developer @ Ticketsolve, remote

Arne Brasseur

Aug 24, 2015, 11:17:13 AM8/24/15
to ru...@googlegroups.com
Ticketsolve is an online and boxoffice ticketing platform. We are a consistently profitable company with healthy year on year growth. Our clients, Theatres and Festivals, are based throughout the UK and Ireland.

We are looking to add two developers to our team to do feature development using. Our stack is based on Ember, communicating with a Rails app through a Hypermedia API.

We provide a flexible remote working environment, and enable our people to find a healthy work-life balance.

Feel free to contact me if you have any question.

Arne Brasseur

Aug 24, 2015, 11:36:57 AM8/24/15
to ru...@googlegroups.com
Dear Ruby friends,

It's been pointed out to me that my mail came across as a "boring straight up recrutiment mail from someone who isn't part of the community at all", and that it could use "a bit more warmth or something might be nice/personally relatable".

I stand corrected :)

Some of you may remember my talk about hypermedia at Rug-B last summer at Soundcloud. Here's a video of a talk I did in Minsk where I explain some more of the cool hypermedia stuff we do https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWPrGXL47sY&feature=youtu.be&t=3m35s

We use Yaks to build our API, which is a pretty cool open source lib, for which Ticketsolve financially supports me so I can develop Yaks (https://github.com/plexus/yaks)

Ticketsolve also actively supports the community, sponsoring Rails Girls summer of code, ClojureBridge Berlin, Emacs Berlin.

I think this gif illustrates best what working with Ticketsolve is like.

Tim Lossen

Aug 24, 2015, 3:51:31 PM8/24/15
to ru...@googlegroups.com
<3

On 2015-08-24, at 17:36, Arne Brasseur <arne.b...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Ruby friends,
>
> It's been pointed out to me that my mail came across as a "boring straight up recrutiment mail from someone who isn't part of the community at all", and that it could use "a bit more warmth or something might be nice/personally relatable".
>
> I stand corrected :)
>
> Some of you may remember my talk about hypermedia at Rug-B last summer at Soundcloud. Here's a video of a talk I did in Minsk where I explain some more of the cool hypermedia stuff we do https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWPrGXL47sY&feature=youtu.be&t=3m35s
>
> We use Yaks to build our API, which is a pretty cool open source lib, for which Ticketsolve financially supports me so I can develop Yaks (https://github.com/plexus/yaks)
>
> Ticketsolve also actively supports the community, sponsoring Rails Girls summer of code, ClojureBridge Berlin, Emacs Berlin.
>
> I think this gif illustrates best what working with Ticketsolve is like.
>
> <adventure_time_swing.gif>
> ​
>
> On 24 August 2015 at 17:17, Arne Brasseur <arne.b...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ticketsolve is an online and boxoffice ticketing platform. We are a consistently profitable company with healthy year on year growth. Our clients, Theatres and Festivals, are based throughout the UK and Ireland.
>
> We are looking to add two developers to our team to do feature development using. Our stack is based on Ember, communicating with a Rails app through a Hypermedia API.
>
> We provide a flexible remote working environment, and enable our people to find a healthy work-life balance.
>
> Full job posting: https://weworkremotely.com/jobs/1892
>
> Feel free to contact me if you have any question.
>

> --
> | @plexus | arnebrasseur.net | The Happy Lambda |
>
> --

Oliver Barnes

Aug 24, 2015, 5:17:29 PM8/24/15
to ru...@googlegroups.com
heheh - I'd say each pitch complements the other. Sounds like a pretty cool gig