[JOB] Redbubble is looking Rails Devs to join our team in Melbourne, Australia

Joe Woodham

Jan 28, 2015, 11:14:45 PM1/28/15
to ru...@googlegroups.com

Hey Everyone,

Redbubble is looking for Mid to Senior level Ruby on Rails Developers to come join our team in sunny Melbourne, Australia.

Redbubble is an on-line community and retailer dedicated to all things creative! We are looking for passionate developers to join our growing Engineering team so that we can keep delivering great features for our passionate users. Our small team loves using the latest technology, pushes code to production multiple times a day while employing just enough process to get it done right. We are entrusted with a lot of input into where Redbubble goes. We use the best equipment - top spec MacBookPros and 27" displays, have flexible working options, created our own workspace (with whiteboard walls) and a fridge stocked with drinks and lunch options.

Technology

Redbubble's goal is to empower creativity in many online forms and so our challenges are both big and small. Right now, we are one of the largest Rails sites in the world, and our stack processes close to 20M requests per day - and growing. We utilize many technologies to make this a smooth ride: Unicorn, Amazon Web Services, Solr, RabbitMQ and Gentoo Linux. An intuitive interface and beautiful visual experience are part of every feature we release. We're constantly looking at trends in Web Design and looking to apply them. In addition to the Rails stack, we make heavy use of AJAX, PJAX, SASS and jQuery.

Culture

One of the benefits of being a young company is that we have a fresh culture and a thin, but incredibly supportive, management layer. That means everyone contributes to business direction and has the opportunity to see their ideas come to fruition; whether you're someone who likes to optimize or a creator with new ideas, everyone gets airtime. As an Engineer, you'll often be involved at every step in the process from inception to launch. We believe that the best software is designed, written, tested and deployed by the same group of people. This liberates us to deliver faster than most of us have worked before and with higher quality.

You Want

  • A fun, small team environment
  • The opportunity to work on a site that makes a difference to people's lives
  • To face and solve tough technical problems with free choice of tools

 You Have

  • Insight into the challenges facing a high-traffic, public website
  • Worked with and championed agile development practices
  • Strong experience designing and building web applications
  • An understanding of when an RDBMS is appropriate and when to use a NoSQL solution
  • The the desire to move into a leadership position, either on the technical or product front

 You Excel At

  • Writing tested, comprehensible, scalable code in Ruby, Java or C# and surrounding languages
  • Communicating and interacting on a technical level with peers

If you would like to apply or you are at all curious and would like to know more, please contact me via email at joe.w...@redbubble.com.