Migrating databases like a Pro

Hans

Feb 11, 2014, 7:58:28 AM2/11/14
to ru...@googlegroups.com

I would like to tell the story of one of our(6Wunderkinder) recent database migrations. We were migrating from our own hosted PostgreSQL to AWS RDS PostgreSQL. I'm going to explain why we failed the first time we tried and what changed the second time. I'll show you the tools we've used to make sure we don't fail another time - I think they are pretty cool!

Let me know what you think.

Cheers, Hans

Sebastian Komianos

Feb 11, 2014, 8:04:30 AM2/11/14
to ru...@googlegroups.com
6Wunderkinder adventures are always interesting to hear about, +1 from me.

---
Sebastian Komianos
about.me - blog - twitter

Chris Berkhout

Feb 11, 2014, 6:26:23 PM2/11/14
to ru...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately I won't make it to the talk,
but I'll be interested to see any video / slides / blog post you put up about this!

Cheers,
Chris

Hernan Maguiña

Feb 14, 2014, 11:34:09 AM2/14/14
to ru...@googlegroups.com
+1 for video / slides / blog

Timo Borreck

Feb 19, 2014, 5:41:28 AM2/19/14
to ru...@googlegroups.com
Sounds interesting! +1

Thyago Barbosa Rodrigues

Feb 14, 2014, 1:26:41 PM2/14/14
to ru...@googlegroups.com
I'm [still] rubying in Brazil, so I won't be able to make it =[
So +1 for video/slides/blog =]
Thyago Barbosa Rodrigues [Natal-RN/Brasil]

"Who loves not wine, women and song,
remains a fool his whole life long"
     (Martin Luther [Martinho Lutero], Teólogo Alemão)

"Phantasie ist wichtiger als Wissen, denn Wissen ist begrenzt." (Albert Einstein)