[JOB] Full stack developer at FATMAP - help us build 3D maps for adventure

Ben Sales

Apr 1, 2017, 7:07:48 AM4/1/17
to RUG-B
Hello all,

Firstly, apologies for my first post being a job opening. I'd love to give a talk at some point about how we are using Ruby @ FATMAP ;-), I'm the DevOps head at FATMAP, and I'm based in Chamonix, France (The birthplace of FATMAP) - though I'll be coming to Berlin soon.

We are starting to build a development team in Berlin to help build our Adventure products (http://maps.fatmap.comFATMAP). We have offices in London, Bristol, Vilnius and Chamonix, are well funded and we are building some really exciting products. So if you love the outdoors or 3D maps, please feel free to email me so that we can meet for a coffee or have a chat on Skype.

We have an interesting technology stack with the majority of it being Ruby, Rails, Grape - and we are also starting to use GoLang. We deploy to Heroku and AWS, and we are currently building a Kubernetes + Deis stack. We have a *lot* of really interesting work in the pipeline, and this role is not your typical Rails/CMS type gig.

The role is described in more detail here: jobs.fatmap.com

We don't do whiteboard tests here, we have an initial chat about FATMAP then we have a take-home Ruby/Grape task that you can complete in your own time, followed by interviews with the Berlin PM and the CTO.

Thanks!
Ben

p.s. We are also looking for a front-end developer, so if you love ES6/React etc please apply.