Isle of Ruby early-bird ticket sale

Lucas Pinto

Jan 24, 2018, 5:25:12 PM1/24/18
to ru...@googlegroups.com
Hallo an Euch alle, hello everybody,

the tl;dr is in bold characters.

those of you who were at the last RUG:B might remember Fanny and I promised a ticket sale announcement. Here it is!

For those of you who missed us or forgot what this is about, I wrote a sum-up:
the Isle of Ruby conference is a Ruby conference that aims to create a discussion about how technology affects the world and how our work, as technologists, has an impact. It’s up to us to decide which one, to consider the consequences of our effort and to make good where we can. We want to bring together the thinkers and the doers.

It is taking place in Exeter, UK, from April 13 to April 15.
It will be a 3 day conference, a sort of camp (accommodation and food/drinks included), inspired by eurucamp, with talks, but also activities and time for discussion.  It will be family friendly, accessible and inclusive. Discounted tickets for Secondary School/College/University students, people with disabilities, those out of work, and others experiencing financial hardship will be available.

Tomorrow is the day that we open our ticket sale, at 11am. We'll post the link as a response to this email but also on our twitter account.

If you feel like you have a talk that can interest us and the Ruby community, please consider sending your proposal at http://cfp.isleofruby.org/.

We’re looking for sponsors! As an event organised under the umbrella of the Ruby Berlin e.V, we’re a non profit event. We just need to break even while offering low ticket prices. Do you know of any companies that would be willing to support such a project and help us? If you do, please send them to spon...@isleofruby.org, or let me know and we’ll approach them. We also have a sponsor's brochure.

If you were to need any other information, write me directly or to in...@isleofruby.org.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen, cheers and bisous.
Lucas Pinto and the Isle of Ruby Team

Lucas Pinto

Jan 25, 2018, 6:40:28 AM1/25/18
to RUG-B