Is system-wide install but Rubies in HOME scenario supported?

Vít Ondruch

Feb 28, 2011, 4:28:32 AM2/28/11
to rvm (Ruby Version Manager)
Hello,

RVM currently supports either its local installation into HOME or
system-wide installation into /usr/local/. Is there supported third
option, i.e. system-wide installation, but every ruby later installed
into HOME? This is scenario of choice if I would like to package
latest RVM for Fedora.

Vit

Wayne E. Seguin

Mar 1, 2011, 7:22:23 AM3/1/11
to rubyversi...@googlegroups.com
On the latest RVM (rvm get head), all internal RVM directories are configurable in /etc/rvmrc,$HOME/.rvmrc. See scripts/initialize for a list (the lines with true ...)

--
Please visit http://rvm.beginrescueend.com/ for documentation on rvm.
Please visit https://www.pivotaltracker.com/projects/26822 to see what is being worked on currently.

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/rubyversionmanager?hl=en

--
  ~Wayne

Wayne E. Seguin
wayneeseguin on irc.freenode.net

Vít Ondruch

Mar 1, 2011, 7:39:52 AM3/1/11
to rvm (Ruby Version Manager)
I saw that list already, but I was not sure if it is used everywhere.
For example following lines are suspicious to me:

https://github.com/wayneeseguin/rvm/blob/master/scripts/install#L254
https://github.com/wayneeseguin/rvm/blob/master/scripts/install#L294

But it might be that I don't understand the code well :)

Thank you.

On 1 bře, 13:22, "Wayne E. Seguin" <wayneeseg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On the latest RVM (rvm get head), all internal RVM directories are
> configurable in /etc/rvmrc,$HOME/.rvmrc. See scripts/initialize for a list
> (the lines with true ...)
>

> On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 4:28 AM, Vít Ondruch <v.ondr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
>
> > RVM currently supports either its local installation into HOME or
> > system-wide installation into /usr/local/. Is there supported third
> > option, i.e. system-wide installation, but every ruby later installed
> > into HOME? This is scenario of choice if I would like to package
> > latest RVM for Fedora.
>
> > Vit
>
> > --
> > Please visithttp://rvm.beginrescueend.com/for documentation on rvm.
> > Please visithttps://www.pivotaltracker.com/projects/26822to see what is
> > being worked on currently.

> >http://groups.google.com/group/rubyversionmanager?hl=en
>
> --
>   ~Wayne
>
> Wayne E. Seguin
> wayneeseg...@gmail.com
> wayneeseguin on irc.freenode.nethttp://twitter.com/wayneeseguin/https://github.com/wayneeseguin/

Wayne E. Seguin

Mar 1, 2011, 8:08:46 AM3/1/11
to rubyversi...@googlegroups.com
Those lines come after the point in which the list is loaded :)

https://github.com/wayneeseguin/rvm/blob/master/scripts/install#L264