Kgio - ERROR: Failed to build gem native extension.

rtz gus

Mar 14, 2011, 12:27:42 AM3/14/11
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Hello guys, I am not able to install kgio. Kgio not working on windows?

I'm using:

rails 3.0.5
ruby 192
gem 1.6.2
Windows XP.

C:\Ruby192\bin>gem install kgio
Temporarily enhancing PATH to include DevKit...
ERROR: Error installing kgio:

C:/Ruby192/bin/ruby.exe extconf.rb
checking for poll() in poll.h... no
checking for getaddrinfo() in sys/types.h,sys/socket.h,netdb.h... no
getaddrinfo required
*** extconf.rb failed ***
necessary libraries and/or headers. Check the mkmf.log file for more
details. You may need configuration options.

Provided configuration options:
--with-opt-dir
--without-opt-dir
--with-opt-include
--without-opt-include=${opt-dir}/include
--with-opt-lib
--without-opt-lib=${opt-dir}/lib
--with-make-prog
--without-make-prog
--srcdir=.
--curdir
--ruby=C:/Ruby192/bin/ruby

Gem files will remain installed in
C:/Ruby192/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/kgio-2.3.
2 for inspection.
Results logged to
C:/Ruby192/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/kgio-2.3.2/ext/kgio/gem_ma
ke.out

The files gem_make.out and mkmf.log are attached.

Thanks for any response.

Best regards.

Gustavo.

Attachments:
http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/6021/gem_make.out
http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/6022/mkmf.log

rtz gus

Mar 14, 2011, 12:45:25 AM3/14/11
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Hello guys, i received answer mailing list kgio(in minutes!):

"kgio is *nix only."

mailing: kg...@librelist.com

Close topic.

[]s

Siva K.

May 9, 2012, 4:43:16 PM5/9/12
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
I couldn't understand the solution, what is alternative to make it work
on windows?

Colin Law

May 9, 2012, 4:52:44 PM5/9/12
On 9 May 2012 21:43, Siva K. <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> I couldn't understand the solution, what is alternative to make it work
> on windows?

According to the previous post the solution is to move to a *nix based
system such as Ubuntu as kgio does not work on Windows. Since Rails
is easier on these systems then this is a good solution.

Colin