Ruby on Rails to power 13,000 schools with 7million+ students in Kerala, India

Unni Koroth

Aug 7, 2011, 10:21:54 AM8/7/11
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
I don't know how many of you are already aware of the Opensource
Project Fedena - http://www.projectfedena.org/

Fedena is recently selected by Government of Kerala, India to automate
13,000 schools with 7million+ students. I guess it is one of the
largest implementation of a Ruby on Rails code in education sector.

The project is named as "Sampoorna" - http://sampoorna.itschool.gov.in/
News - http://ibnlive.in.com/generalnewsfeed/news/digital-super-highway-connecting-schools-soon/760209.html

This project is into the final stages and expect a huge fan-base of
ROR in Kerala. The IT@School department of Government of Kerala is
notable for its achievements related to supporting FOSS
https://www.itschool.gov.in/achievements.php

Dhaval Mehta

Aug 8, 2011, 2:54:52 AM8/8/11
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
thankx for informing us..

Regards,
Dhaval Mehta

prionko

Aug 8, 2011, 5:16:00 AM8/8/11
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
Its really good to know it !!

On Aug 7, 7:21 pm, Unni Koroth <u...@foradian.com> wrote:
> I don't know how many of you are already aware of the Opensource
> Project Fedena -http://www.projectfedena.org/
>
> Fedena is recently selected by Government of Kerala, India to automate
> 13,000 schools with 7million+ students. I guess it is one of the
> largest implementation of a Ruby on Rails code in education sector.
>
> The project is named as "Sampoorna" -http://sampoorna.itschool.gov.in/
> News -http://ibnlive.in.com/generalnewsfeed/news/digital-super-highway-conn...

rajeevsharma86

Aug 8, 2011, 5:22:38 AM8/8/11
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Great for us

Rajeev Kannav Sharma

Sayuj Othayoth

Aug 8, 2011, 5:39:47 AM8/8/11
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the information

Prakash Murthy

Aug 9, 2011, 1:16:43 AM8/9/11
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Interesting. It would be nice if one of the representatives from the team present about the project at the next RubyConfIndia.

Thanks,
Prakash Murthy

Nithin

Aug 9, 2011, 4:52:59 AM8/9/11
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
@prakash: The project has already been presented once at Rubyconf India (in 2010). But it would be interesting to hear from the team about how the project has grown since then. Back then it was a very new project and now it has grown to become a project implemented across 13k schools.

Mohammed Aslam

Aug 9, 2011, 1:32:09 PM8/9/11
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Just found the slides of Fedena RubyConf 2010 presentation @ Slideshare