Error of DEPRECATION WARNING

Yennie

Jun 29, 2011, 9:09:11 PM6/29/11
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
Hi,

I Have a strange error when i type the command "rake db:migrate "
Can you help to solve this error or give me some advices

the error is:

DEPRECATION WARNING: Rake tasks in /home/joanne/Desktop/picto/vendor/
plugins/prawnto/tasks/prawnto_tasks.rake are deprecated. Use lib/tasks
instead. (called from <top (required)> at /home/joanne/Desktop/picto/
Rakefile:7)

thanks for help

Chirag Singhal

Jun 29, 2011, 11:14:17 PM6/29/11
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
That's not an error, that's a deprecation warning.
The plugin is very old and doesn't seem to be maintained. Probably you can have a look at it's forks on github and pick a more updated version. https://github.com/thorny-sun/prawnto/network

If there aren't any other deprecated methods used in the plugin, then just moving tasks folder inside the lib folder should fix it

Yennie

Jun 29, 2011, 11:46:07 PM6/29/11
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com

Derrek Long

Jun 29, 2011, 9:15:59 PM6/29/11

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 6:09 PM, Yennie <joann...@gmail.com> wrote:

the error is:

DEPRECATION WARNING: Rake tasks in /home/joanne/Desktop/picto/vendor/
plugins/prawnto/tasks/prawnto_tasks.rake are deprecated. Use lib/tasks
instead. (called from <top (required)> at /home/joanne/Desktop/picto/
Rakefile:7)

thanks for help

Move the existing *.rake files that exist in the directories listed in the warning to the lib/tasks directory in your project.
So from the output you show - move th prawnto_tasks.rake file to lib/tasks.

-Derrek