Question1 Cucumber Rails

Fahim Patel

Aug 31, 2012, 9:59:48 AM8/31/12
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
can we write multiple background in one feature file....?
can we write multiple feature in one feature file.....?

Jordon Bedwell

Aug 31, 2012, 10:13:02 AM8/31/12
On Friday, 31 August 2012 08:59:48 UTC-5, Fahim Patel wrote:
can we write multiple background in one feature file....?

No.

can we write multiple feature in one feature file.....?

Yes.

Jordon Bedwell

Aug 31, 2012, 10:12:08 AM8/31/12
On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 8:59 AM, Fahim Patel <paf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> can we write multiple background in one feature file....?

No.

> can we write multiple feature in one feature file.....?

Yes.

Read: http://pragprog.com/book/hwcuc/the-cucumber-book

Fahim Patel

Sep 1, 2012, 6:21:49 AM9/1/12
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
thanks

Q1
if i have 2 sceanario and 1 background  .
but i want only 1 scenario should used that backgound  and 2nd  scenario  dont use that background.

and i want to run them same time.
can it is possible ?

Q2
What is the diff between Capybara and Webrat?
Which one is by default configure with cucumber  ?
If both are providing  same functionality than which one i use?

Q3
How to test  view in cucumber ?
 I want to test CSS and body of page(DOM objects) are working perfectly or not  ?How to Write in Scenario to test View?

Q4
What is this Silenium Framework  ?
Can i use this for Rails application   ?
This framework is better than Cucumber for High level testing ?

Fahim Patel

Sep 1, 2012, 6:56:01 AM9/1/12
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com

Fahim Patel

Sep 1, 2012, 7:07:04 AM9/1/12
On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 7:43 PM, Jordon Bedwell <envy...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Friday, 31 August 2012 08:59:48 UTC-5, Fahim Patel wrote:
can we write multiple background in one feature file....?

No.

can we write multiple feature in one feature file.....?

Yes.

   when i try to write two features on 1 feature file i get this error

Parse error at :15. Found feature when expecting one of: comment, doc_string, row, scenario, scenario_outline, step, tag. (Current state: step). (Gherkin::Parser::ParseError)

my feature file code below

Feature: Real life
Scenario:  checking 1

           Given I click google link

Feature:  life
Scenario: checking 2

           Given I click google link

i think 2 feature in 1 feature file is not allowed

waiting for reply