Not able to run Setup.rb and install Rails.

Rubyist Rohit

Apr 28, 2012, 5:46:08 AM4/28/12
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Please see the attached images.

I installed Ruby on a PC running Windows Server 2008 R2. I also
installed Rails and it worked.

Now I am doing the same on another PC with same OS, but it giving error
(see attached images).

Attachments:
http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/7342/ruby_error.png
http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/7343/gem_rails_error.png

Javier Quarite

Apr 28, 2012, 7:27:57 AM4/28/12
On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 4:46 AM, Rubyist Rohit <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
Please see the attached images.

I installed Ruby on a PC running Windows Server 2008 R2. I also
installed Rails and it worked.

Now I am doing the same on another PC with same OS, but it giving error
(see attached images).

Attachments:
http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/7342/ruby_error.png
http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/7343/gem_rails_error.png

I'm not sure the way you're trying to install rails, but in windows I've used this

and it worked (but now I'm on linux)

Javier Q

Luis Lavena

Apr 28, 2012, 10:03:38 AM4/28/12
On Saturday, April 28, 2012 6:46:08 AM UTC-3, Ruby-Forum.com User wrote:
Please see the attached images.

I installed Ruby on a PC running Windows Server 2008 R2. I also
installed Rails and it worked.

Now I am doing the same on another PC with same OS, but it giving error
(see attached images).

If you used RubyInstaller releases of Ruby:

These already include RubyGems.

The second error might be related to an old version of Ruby and RubyGems.

Since you don't say what version of Ruby are you using (which you can obtain with "ruby -v") I'm just guessing.

If you want to start with Rails on Windows it is recommended you use instead RailsInstaller as it contains everything ready to be used.

Regards
--
Luis Lavena

Rubyist Rohit

Apr 28, 2012, 11:47:39 AM4/28/12
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
I am using the latest version.

Colin Law

Apr 28, 2012, 11:55:29 AM4/28/12
On 28 April 2012 16:47, Rubyist Rohit <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> I am using the latest version.

Latest version of what? Since you have not quoted the previous
message we do not know what you are referring to. Ruby, Rails,
Rubygems, Railsinstaller, Windows, Ubuntu?
With 'latest versions' it is always a good idea to give an actual
version so that people finding the post in the future know which it
is, but also how do you know that it is the latest version?

Remember this is a mailing list (though you may be accessing it via a
forum like interface) so it is good practice to quote the previous
message.

Colin

Sameer Agarwal

Apr 28, 2012, 6:04:43 AM4/28/12
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Rohit - I'm pretty new to Ruby, but I installed on Windows using RAILSINSTALLER.ORG. Its pretty fast and easy...