Reg : Create new rails app by version.

thil

Jul 31, 2012, 1:00:21 AM7/31/12
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com

Hi All,

I have one question below:

How can I create app by specifying the rails version.

for example I have local rails gem versions (2.3.5, and 2.3.10) how I can create rails app => 2.3.10 but default rails gem point to 2.3.5.

 I have google I found that by specifying `rails _2.3.10_  new demo`  will help but is not working instead it creating new app in the name   "_2.3.10_"

Can any help on the same.

Thanks,
Senthil Srinivasan

radhames brito

Jul 31, 2012, 1:52:13 AM7/31/12
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com

 I have google I found that by specifying `rails _2.3.10_  new demo`  will help but is not working instead it creating \

the 'new' command did not exists in rails before rails 3, back then there was a different script for  generators

script/generate controller

is now

rails g controller

so back then the 'rails' script was only for making apps, now it accepts commands like generate, destroy and more. If you want to see who to use it in rails 3 check out this link

Colin Law

Jul 31, 2012, 4:24:59 AM7/31/12
On 31 July 2012 06:00, thil <thil...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have one question below:
>
> How can I create app by specifying the rails version.
>
> for example I have local rails gem versions (2.3.5, and 2.3.10) how I can
> create rails app => 2.3.10 but default rails gem point to 2.3.5.
>
> I have google I found that by specifying `rails _2.3.10_ new demo` will
> help but is not working instead it creating new app in the name "_2.3.10_"

I don't remember how to do it on rails 2 (the method you have tried is
for rails 3), but I think if you type
rails -h
it will show you all the switches, one of which should be for
specifying the version.

Ideally you should not be using rails 2 for new applications however.

Colin

thil

Aug 2, 2012, 12:05:52 AM8/2/12
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com, cla...@googlemail.com
Hi Colin ,

Thanks for remain me to start with Rails 3.2.X latest. Which is the stable version of rails 3.0.5/3.2/ 3.2.7 is ?

And I am following the Rails documentation http://guides.rubyonrails.org/index.html You have any ideal documentation for rails 3

Thanks,
Senthil srinivasan

Giedrius Rimkus

Aug 6, 2012, 4:58:30 AM8/6/12
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com, cla...@googlemail.com
3.2.7 is stable enough for you to create your application!