Open issues cleanup

Luis Lavena

May 23, 2012, 8:12:20 PM5/23/12
to rubyin...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I went over the list of open issues and marked those that require
feedback from the reporter:

https://github.com/oneclick/rubyinstaller/issues?labels=feedback&state=open

Unless I hear back from the reporters with interested or responses to
the questions will close them out.

Also, I've marked some issues as stale:

https://github.com/oneclick/rubyinstaller/issues?labels=stale&state=open

If there is no-one interested in implement those features or fix those
issues, I'm going to close them out and forget about them.

I've also added 4 new issues: #112..#115.

The idea is request for volunteers that want to update our recipes to
use pre-compiled binaries of these libraries announced at this list.

Feel free to comment on those if you're interested and will provide
more comments and help you get it working.

Regards,
--
Luis Lavena
AREA 17

Justin Baker

May 25, 2012, 2:41:43 AM5/25/12
to rubyin...@googlegroups.com
I've also added 4 new issues: #112..#115.

The idea is request for volunteers that want to update our recipes to
use pre-compiled binaries of these libraries announced at this list.

Feel free to comment on those if you're interested and will provide
more comments and help you get it working.

I think I am finished with these, but it's 2 am and better sense says check them again
while I am coherent.

Justin

Justin Baker

May 25, 2012, 2:59:57 PM5/25/12
to rubyin...@googlegroups.com
I've also added 4 new issues: #112..#115.

The idea is request for volunteers that want to update our recipes to
use pre-compiled binaries of these libraries announced at this list.

Feel free to comment on those if you're interested and will provide
more comments and help you get it working.

Soooo...

I wrote a meta-knapsack recipe and threw the others ones out.
It made changing the recipes a lot easier. =P

I spent like 2 hours building and testing them and they seem ok.

Total impact seemed to be
10 files changed, 91 insertions(+), 501 deletions(-)

So I am kinda scared.
Check them out and let me know if I broke anything.

Justin

Luis Lavena

May 25, 2012, 4:09:33 PM5/25/12
to rubyin...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 3:59 PM, Justin Baker <azol...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I've also added 4 new issues: #112..#115.
>>
>> The idea is request for volunteers that want to update our recipes to
>> use pre-compiled binaries of these libraries announced at this list.
>>
>> Feel free to comment on those if you're interested and will provide
>> more comments and help you get it working.
>

> Soooo...
>
> I wrote a meta-knapsack recipe and threw the others ones out.
> It made changing the recipes a lot easier. =P

WOW.

> I spent like 2 hours building and testing them and they seem ok.
>
> Total impact seemed to be
> 10 files changed, 91 insertions(+), 501 deletions(-)
>
> So I am kinda scared.

Don't be!

Be proud!

We can always revert a change if something breaks, there is no shame on that...

> Check them out and let me know if I broke anything.

I just zapped the rubyinstaller clone in my worker machine, pulled the
latest changes and successfully built Ruby 1.9.3-p194 with it.

It is running tests now.

THANK YOU.

Jon

May 25, 2012, 4:21:35 PM5/25/12
to rubyin...@googlegroups.com
Just fetched and will try building a testing version of the new tcs-ruby release a bit later.

Crash helmet on and ready for anything... ;)

Jon

---
Fail fast. Fail often. Fail publicly. Learn. Adapt. Repeat.
http://thecodeshop.github.com | http://jonforums.github.com/
twitter: @jonforums

Luis Lavena

May 25, 2012, 4:23:13 PM5/25/12
to rubyin...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 5:21 PM, Jon <jon.f...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just fetched and will try building a testing version of the new tcs-ruby release a bit later.

BTW, FD_SETSIZE and FD_SET() got backported into ruby_1_9_3, if you
plan on doing a new release, it will be great to have those changes in
;-)

Cheers,

Jon

May 25, 2012, 4:33:23 PM5/25/12
to rubyin...@googlegroups.com

> > Just fetched and will try building a testing version of the new tcs-ruby release a bit later.
> >

> BTW, FD_SETSIZE and FD_SET() got backported into ruby_1_9_3, if you
> plan on doing a new release, it will be great to have those changes in
> ;-)

Yep...just reviewed the latest commits with the shiny GfW gui and saw 2b8e9ec

The plan is to use release tcs-ruby based upon ruby_1_9_3@35794 unless something else interesting gets backported in the next 24 hours.

Jon

May 25, 2012, 5:08:07 PM5/25/12
to rubyin...@googlegroups.com
> > > Just fetched and will try building a testing version of the new tcs-ruby release a bit later.
> > >

> > BTW, FD_SETSIZE and FD_SET() got backported into ruby_1_9_3, if you
> > plan on doing a new release, it will be great to have those changes in
> > ;-)
>
> Yep...just reviewed the latest commits with the shiny GfW gui and saw 2b8e9ec
>
> The plan is to use release tcs-ruby based upon ruby_1_9_3@35794 unless something else interesting gets backported in the next 24 hours.

Curiosity got the best of me and I just had to try a plain vanilla ruby_1_9_3 build...

Wheeee...the build is so f'n blazingly fast now ;)

sh-3.1$ make test-all TESTS='openssl fiddle psych zlib io json mkmf pathname stringio erb fileutils ruby/test_io.rb ruby/test_io_m17n.rb ruby/test_file.rb'
1) Failure:
test_constants(OpenSSL::TestConfig) [c:/Users/Jon/Documents/RubyDev/ruby-git/test/openssl/test_config.rb:20]: Exception raised:
<#<Errno::ENOENT: No such file or directory - C:/Users/Luis/Projects/oss/knapsack.old/knap-build/var/knapsack/software/x86-windows/openssl/1.0.0j/ssl/openssl.cnf>>.
1565 tests, 9622 assertions, 1 failures, 0 errors, 13 skips

sh-3.1$ make test
PASS all 943 tests
2012-05-25 17:03:09 -0400
Driver is ruby 1.9.3p231 (2012-05-25 revision 35794) [i386-mingw32]
Target is ruby 1.9.3p231 (2012-05-25 revision 35794) [i386-mingw32]

KNOWNBUGS.rb .
PASS all 1 tests

Other than the bogus OpenSSL config build error message (and Luis foisting builds from "knapsack.old" on us) it looks good. Just be glad Luis isn't a fish merchant...we'd be getting crab.old, cod.old, tuna.old ;)

Nice work Justin...thanks!

Luis Lavena

May 25, 2012, 5:11:26 PM5/25/12
to rubyin...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 6:08 PM, Jon <jon.f...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Wheeee...the build is so f'n blazingly fast now ;)

yeah, isn't?

Love it!

> sh-3.1$ make test-all TESTS='openssl fiddle psych zlib io json mkmf pathname stringio erb fileutils ruby/test_io.rb ruby/test_io_m17n.rb ruby/test_file.rb'
>  1) Failure:
> test_constants(OpenSSL::TestConfig) [c:/Users/Jon/Documents/RubyDev/ruby-git/test/openssl/test_config.rb:20]: Exception raised:
> <#<Errno::ENOENT: No such file or directory - C:/Users/Luis/Projects/oss/knapsack.old/knap-build/var/knapsack/software/x86-windows/openssl/1.0.0j/ssl/openssl.cnf>>.
> [...]

If someone figures out how to patch OpenSSL to have a relative
configuration path I will apply for next build

> Other than the bogus OpenSSL config build error message (and Luis foisting builds from "knapsack.old" on us) it looks good. Just be glad Luis isn't a fish merchant...we'd be getting crab.old, cod.old, tuna.old ;)

Don't consider it a bug, consider it a teaser of what is coming ;-)

> Nice work Justin...thanks!

Indeed, thank you Justin!

Justin Baker

May 25, 2012, 5:34:12 PM5/25/12
to rubyin...@googlegroups.com
> Other than the bogus OpenSSL config build error message (and Luis foisting builds from "knapsack.old" on us) it looks good. Just be glad Luis isn't a fish merchant...we'd be getting crab.old, cod.old, tuna.old ;)

Don't consider it a bug, consider it a teaser of what is coming ;-)

ROFL

> Nice work Justin...thanks!

Indeed, thank you Justin!

Luis did most of the work with his knapsack builds, I just wrote a simple recipe.
I probably spent more time testing it than I did writing it.

Glad you guys like it though =)

Justin