Installing Ruby and/or Rails questions

Declan McGrath

Aug 3, 2013, 5:31:16 PM8/3/13
to ruby_i...@googlegroups.com
Just a quick shout out in case anyone has trouble installing Ruby and Rails on their computer. Post below and we'll try to sort you out :)

Dec

Sorcha Bowler

Aug 7, 2013, 4:59:44 PM8/7/13
to ruby_i...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dec,

The TOG post says I need Ruby 1.9.3 and Rails 3.2.14. I ran the railsinstaller that promised me Ruby 1.9.3 and Rails 3.2, but it looks like it gave me Rails 4.0.0. How do I fix this?

Thanks,
Sorcha

Declan McGrath

Aug 7, 2013, 6:57:31 PM8/7/13
to Ruby Ireland

Sorted via twitter :-)

https://twitter.com/theirishpenguin/status/365225493525565440

Declan McGrath

Aug 8, 2013, 8:37:33 AM8/8/13
to Ruby Ireland
Just in case anyone is struggling with the install,
http://guides.railsgirls.com/install/ usually has good instructions
for each different platform. Though I haven't tried it in a while.

Dec