Adding date column crashed solr

Mike Boone

Oct 4, 2010, 4:24:33 PM10/4/10
to Sunspot
Hi all, I had a working Sunspot Rails app running on a production
server via Tomcat+Solr. Then I had to go back and add a date column to
the schema. I added a corresponding "date :published_on" line to the
searchable block in my model. The development server seems fine with
this.

On the production server, I am getting an error while trying to add a
new record:

RSolr::RequestError (Solr Response: Internal Server Error)

And the catalina.out log shows:

SEVERE: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string:
"2010-03-01T00:00:00Z"

It looks like things are crashing on my new date column.

I have tried to reindex the production index and I have also deleted /
opt/solr/data/* and recreated the index, with the same results.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Mat Brown

Oct 4, 2010, 4:37:05 PM10/4/10
to ruby-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mike,

Is your production server using the schema.xml and solrconfig.xml that
Sunspot provides? You can use the sunspot-installer executable to do
this (I'd use the --force option if you're running it against a fresh
Solr installation) or just copy the files over from your local
installation. That seems like the most likely culprit for the error
you're seeing.

Mat

Mike Boone

Oct 4, 2010, 6:09:44 PM10/4/10
to Sunspot
I had done the sunspot-installer before but for whatever reason after
running it again and restarting Tomcat/solr, it seems to be working.

Thanks!
Mike.