bundle config local override

Tanya Mamedalin

Jun 26, 2012, 3:14:37 PM6/26/12
to ruby-b...@googlegroups.com
I'm using bundler 1.1.4 and trying to take advantage of the local override option.  However, I don't get any indication that it's being used.  Is anyone else having this same trouble?

yo:admin_web tmamedalin$ bundle config local.oauth /tmp
yo:admin_web tmamedalin$ bundle config
Settings are listed in order of priority. The top value will be used.

local.oauth
  Set for the current user (/Users/tmamedalin/.bundle/config): "/tmp"

env
  Set via BUNDLE_ENV: "local"

yo:admin_web tmamedalin$ bundle
[..]
Using little-plugger (1.1.3)
Using logging (1.7.2)
Using oauth (0.4.6)    <--------------------------------
Using oauth2 (0.5.2)
Using rails_config (0.3.0)
Using rest-client (1.6.7)
Using rspec-core (2.10.1)
Using rspec-expectations (2.10.0)
[..]

Andre Arko

Jun 26, 2012, 3:20:51 PM6/26/12
to ruby-b...@googlegroups.com
There is no local override option in Bundler 1.1.4. You need Bundler 1.2, which is currently only available as a prerelease. Run `gem install bundler --pre` to install the prerelease.

Tanya Mamedalin

Jun 29, 2012, 5:19:50 PM6/29/12
to ruby-b...@googlegroups.com
Oops, missed that!  Thanks, using the pre-release solves my problem.

Tanya Mamedalin

Jul 23, 2012, 2:59:59 PM7/23/12
to ruby-b...@googlegroups.com
One more question on overrides:

I was following pull requests #1934 and #1810.  What is the outcome of these discussions?  I too would be interested in the option to ignore the branch check.  Will this be an incorporated feature?

Thanks
Tanya