March Gaming Opportunities

Dawn DeBacker

Mar 8, 2013, 5:25:38 PM3/8/13
to rocket-city-...@googlegroups.com
March is full of gaming opportunities for the Tennessee Valley. Any weekend this month, there is something going on. Below are several events to mark on your calendar. Hope to see you at one or more of them!
~ Dawn

** Weekend open gaming at your Friendly Local Game Store
Any Sat & Sun (anyday, for that matter!), there is always open & free gaming at both The Deep and The Foundry here in Huntsville. Bring a favorite game, stop by either store, and play for a while.
Friendly Local Gaming Stores:
-- The DeeP Comics & Games, http://www.deepcomics.com, (2312-A South Memorial Pkwy, Huntsville, AL), 256-532-1292
-- The Foundry, http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Foundry/230618290324038, (7914 Memorial Pkwy SW, Suite A-3, Huntsville, AL), 256-213-7467

** Sat Mar 9 at the Foundry in Huntsville
I will be dropping in at the Foundry from 11am-3pm, play testing the Maurauders pirate game (http://www.maraudersgame.com/), running some Legacy time travel (http://floodgategames.com/legacy/) and breaking in my new Ace Of Spies (http://albinodragon.com/ace-of-spies/) and (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/albinodragon/ace-of-spies-0). As always, I will be have some Munchkin (http://www.worldofmunchkin.com/cardgame/) and FRAG (http://www.sjgames.com/frag/) to play by request. Stop by and play a few rounds!

** March 8-10 is Tennessee Game Days VIII in Franklin TN (http://tngamedays.com/)
Gaming at the Franklin Marriott Cool Springs, just south of Nashville in Franklin TN. According to their website, this event focuses mainly on family strategy games, Eurogames, and modern conflict games. About 19 members of Huntsville's North Alabama Boardgamers meetup group (http://www.meetup.com/NorthAlabamaBoardgamers/) are planning on attending this weeekend. See the TN Game Days website for admission fees and other details.

** March 15-16 is ChargerCon at UAH in Huntsville (http://www.uah.edu/chargercon/) and (https://www.facebook.com/chargercon)
This free event is at the student center on the UAH campus. While it may have started out as a video gaming LAN party, the tabletop gaming at ChargerCon has grown by leaps and bounds over the last couple of years! Our local MIB Ariel and the fine folks at the Foundry will be there running a variety of tabletop games, so come join in!

** March 22-24 is MidSouthCon 31 in Memphis TN (http://www.midsouthcon.org/)
----- With gaming guest of honor, Steve Jackson -----
At the Hilton Memphis for the third year, MidSouthCon is a fan-run, regional multi-genre Science Fiction Convention held annually in Memphis. Join in with area gamers for a fun-filled weekend, with the art show, masquerade, gaming, and more! At least one local MIB, Kerry, will be there. So bring your Munchkin and other items, and prepare to have Steve Jackson sign them for you! Admission fees, hotel information, and other details on their website.

** March 30 - Munchkin Mania Morning at the Deep
Join me at the Deep from 10am to 2pm for your favorite flavor of Munchkin (http://www.worldofmunchkin.com/cardgame/) and other great Steve Jackson Games products! This store will also be participating in International Tabletop Day this same day - see below.

** March 30 - Board & Card Game Day at the Foundry
It's the monthly board & card game day at the Foundry! Join me from 3pm to store close for your favorite board and card games, like your choice of Munchkin (http://www.worldofmunchkin.com/cardgame/), FRAG (), Revolution (), The Stars Are Right () and other great Steve Jackson Games products! This store will also be participating in International Tabletop Day this same day - see below.

** March 30 - International Tabletop Day (http://tabletopday.com/) and (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_14vQpDgnyw)
----- Join in at both The Deep and The Foundry -----
With Easter coming early this year (March 31!), I know many of you have plans to be with family, potentially out of town. But that doesn't mean you need to miss out on your weekend gaming! In case you are not aware, International Tabletop Day is March 30! International Tabletop Day comes from the fine folks at Geek & Sundry (http://www.geekandsundry.com/) and (http://www.tabletopday.com/index.php/www.YouTube.com/GeekandSundry), to celebrate the one year anniversary of with Will Wheaton's Tabletop show! We all know the benefits of tabletop gaming: friendship, shared experiences and bonding with those around us, improved mental skills, and just good fun! Check out the website (http://tabletopday.com/) to find an event near you! NOTE: New events are being added every day, so check back often, or submit to run one yourself!