Sinusoidal trajectory generation

Yasaman Ghandi

Dec 17, 2016, 11:20:20 AM12/17/16
to Robotics & Machine Vision Toolboxes
hello dear professor,
would you pls guide me how to generate sinusoidal path for a camera attached to the end-effector?

Erik van Oene

Jan 5, 2017, 4:05:54 AM1/5/17
to Robotics & Machine Vision Toolboxes
Hi,

In fact the answer is simple. Use the sin function from Matlab. Although I guess this is not the answer you are looking for.
There are many ways to do this, but here is one very basic idea of doing it.

Create a time vector t
create a for-loop to loop over time

Assuming the initial transformation matrix of the end-effector is given as T0

Calc new setpoint doing something like:
>> Tadd = eye(4); Tadd(1,4) = sin(t) % for a sin in x direction.
>> T(t) = T0 + Tadd

perform Inverse kinematics using ikine on T(t) with the current q as initial guess.

Good luck.
Erik