RED - Robot Editor in Eclipse - first official release

조회수 3,033회
읽지 않은 첫 메시지로 건너뛰기

Krzysztof Jozefowicz

읽지 않음,
2015. 11. 2. 오후 1:18:4815. 11. 2.
받는사람 robotframework-users

My team is working on new RobotFramework test case editor called RED, we made first public release last Friday - https://github.com/nokia/RED/releases .

RED is Eclipse plugin installable to Eclipse platform, we are aiming to provide Ride's functionality together with rich text editor and other moder-IDE goodies.

Currently we provide text based editor with code coloring and real time validation, there is Debug perspective for test case debugging with breakpoints, stepping and runtime variable change, execution history and much more.

RED Robot Editor is Nokia’s open sourced project, it is hosted on GitHub:

https://github.com/nokia/RED

I hope you will be interested in our solution.

If you have any questions please ask.

Wladislaw Wagner

읽지 않음,
2015. 11. 2. 오후 7:38:4415. 11. 2.
받는사람 kjo...@gmail.com, robotframework-users
Why Eclipse? Why not brackets, Vim/gVim oder IntelliJ? In that order - from good to evil. Why the hell Eclipse?! ;-)

Cheers
Tset

Krzysztof Jozefowicz

읽지 않음,
2015. 11. 3. 오전 3:49:4515. 11. 3.
받는사람 robotframework-users, kjo...@gmail.com
To create RED we needed a valid business reason to do so. There is a big group of Eclipse users in Nokia who would take advantage in having integrated dev&testing environment.
IntelliJ is also considered but we still have a lot to do in RED.
br
Kris

Krzysztof Jozefowicz <kjo...@gmail.com> schrieb am Mo., 2. Nov. 2015 um 19:18:

My team is working on new RobotFramework test case editor called RED, we made first public release last Friday - https://github.com/nokia/RED/releases .

RED is Eclipse plugin installable to Eclipse platform, we are aiming to provide Ride's functionality together with rich text editor and other moder-IDE goodies.

Currently we provide text based editor with code coloring and real time validation, there is Debug perspective for test case debugging with breakpoints, stepping and runtime variable change, execution history and much more.

RED Robot Editor is Nokia’s open sourced project, it is hosted on GitHub:

https://github.com/nokia/RED

I hope you will be interested in our solution.

If you have any questions please ask.

jaf...@owler.com

읽지 않음,
2015. 11. 3. 오후 10:50:2615. 11. 3.
받는사람 robotframework-users, kjo...@gmail.com
will RED editor  handle java keywords and jumping to java keywords from .txt or .robot file ?

Krzysztof Jozefowicz

읽지 않음,
2015. 11. 4. 오전 3:23:1215. 11. 4.
받는사람 robotframework-users, kjo...@gmail.com

Could you elaborate ?
You can already jump to keyword definition in opened files and resources. We will implement opening python libs, I don't know if we can easily implement jumping to keyword implementation in jar file.

Rajesh Pruthvi

읽지 않음,
2015. 11. 5. 오전 2:08:0715. 11. 5.
받는사람 robotframework-users
RED - ERROR.png

Rajesh Pruthvi

읽지 않음,
2015. 11. 5. 오전 2:08:0715. 11. 5.
받는사람 robotframework-users
Hi, Could you please help me how to get RED. Iam below challenges.
1)GOT Eclipse Luna 4.4.2
2)Dowloaded the RED-master.zip from https://github.com/nokia/RED
3)Opened Help -->  Install New Software --> Clicked on ADD
4)Provided NAme
5)Clicked on Archived and mapped to .zip file.

         ITs not accepting the .zip. Please let me know if anyone could successfully configured RED for ROBOT.

THanks,
Rajesh.

On Tuesday, November 3, 2015 at 5:18:48 AM UTC+11, Krzysztof Jozefowicz wrote:

Krzysztof Jozefowicz

읽지 않음,
2015. 11. 5. 오전 9:07:4415. 11. 5.
받는사람 robotframework-users

W dniu cgzwartek, 5 listopada 2015 08:08:07 UTC+1 użytkownik Rajesh Pruthvi napisał:
Hi, Could you please help me how to get RED. Iam below challenges.
1)GOT Eclipse Luna 4.4.2
2)Dowloaded the RED-master.zip from https://github.com/nokia/RED
3)Opened Help -->  Install New Software --> Clicked on ADD
4)Provided NAme
5)Clicked on Archived and mapped to .zip file.

         ITs not accepting the .zip. Please let me know if anyone could successfully configured RED for ROBOT.

 Hi
It seems that you are making some simple mistake in #4.
I checked with v.0.4.1 , in #4 you should do following Add -> Archive -> select zip from github , After that you should have similar path in Work with field from the screenshot:
jar:file:/D:/Downloads/RED_0.4.1.201511040857(1).zip!/
Or you can just remove:  "red - " from Work with remain with jar:file ......

hope that helps.

Krzysztof Jozefowicz

읽지 않음,
2015. 11. 9. 오후 1:51:0015. 11. 9.
받는사람 robotframework-users
Well, we had the same case in Nokia today and I got curious about it.
As I checked, red-master.zip as in screenshot is a repo clone ,not actual RED binary. You got it by pressing Download ZIP on the main page of github/nokia/red  (just check the content of the zip, it contains repo files - for now help and read-me).
Binaries are stored under Releases menu:
https://github.com/nokia/RED/releases
br
Kris

Tomi Kahila

읽지 않음,
2015. 12. 2. 오전 11:54:3015. 12. 2.
받는사람 robotframework-users
Hi all,
I had this same problem yesterday with finding the actual binaries, that I solved thanks.

But now I have (perhaps one of the common)  problems:
1)running the robot testcase is successful but I have error like 'Unknown keyword 'Close Browser'    invalid_login.robot'
 'Close Browser' was not recognized in RED tool for some reason

2)I checked that my resource file contains below library line which RED interface recognizes
Library           Selenium2Library

So do you have some hint where I should add some directory link under Eclipse settings?

Br.Tomi Kahila

Krzysztof Jozefowicz

읽지 않음,
2015. 12. 2. 오후 12:19:5615. 12. 2.
받는사람 robotframework-users
Hi
RED does not know keywords in imported library even though it is included in robot testcase.
To fix the error you receive and also to have keywords assist for Selenium2lib, lets add the reference to red.xml:

 1. by double click on red.xl file in project tree (if the raw xml is shown use right click menu Open with Default Editor),lets focus on Referenced Libraries part:
     a. either you can point out the exact filepath where selenium2Lib is located (mine is c:/Python27/lib/site-packages/Selenium2Library )
     b point to xml with keyword definition and docs - libspec file - it can be generated by robot internal function ( reference https://robot-framework.readthedocs.org/en/2.9/_modules/robot/libdoc.html ) - useful when running test remotely and editing locally without havig all libs installed

2. by issuing right click on lib name and using QuickFix - RED will try to discover lib name from python path.

ps. in next days we will announce v 0.5 so stay tuned :)

René König

읽지 않음,
2016. 2. 5. 오전 4:48:1016. 2. 5.
받는사람 robotframework-users
Hi Krzysztof!

Unfortunately we are forced to use an old Robot version 2.1.3. This version is not installed by pip and RED does not find it. Any idea how to solve this problem?

Best Regards
René

Krzysztof Jozefowicz

읽지 않음,
2016. 2. 5. 오전 6:32:2816. 2. 5.
받는사람 robotframework-users
Looks my response didn't showed up

Hi
There is an option to browse RF from custom folder in Preferences under Robot Framework. Mind though that we did not test with older robot than 2.8, robot version specific syntaxes will not be avaliable in validation. Alternatively you can use 0.6 option for ignore validation on testcase folders, Red will try to color and content assist without running validation.

Yatheendra Bc

읽지 않음,
2016. 3. 17. 오전 8:18:4216. 3. 17.
받는사람 robotframework-users
Hi, Pls help me in importing python packages like robotframework-appiumlibrary , robotframework-selenium2library, pymysql , etc

Krzysztof Jozefowicz

읽지 않음,
2016. 3. 17. 오전 8:24:4816. 3. 17.
받는사람 robotframework-users
Hi
I don't exactly understand what do you ask for.
If you are talking about making RED aware of those libs for keyword validation and code assistance, have a look into
Help -> Help Contents -> RED Robot Editor User Guide -> User Guide -> Recognizing external libraries and variable files in RED.
Those libs should be also present PythonPath.

CLAYTON

읽지 않음,
2016. 3. 18. 오전 7:51:0916. 3. 18.
받는사람 robotframework-users
Hello.

Will RED be able to have keyword completion from Remote libraries
I develop Robot framework libraries in C# and expose them to Robot framework via the remote interface
RIDE (the editor i currently use), gets all the keyword names from the remote libraries for auto completion etc.
Will RED do the same?

Thanks.

Krzysztof Jozefowicz

읽지 않음,
2016. 3. 18. 오전 8:39:3116. 3. 18.
받는사람 robotframework-users
Hi

We are able to connect to remote librarie and provide KW assistance,validation etc.
When in RED, open (double click) red.xml of your RED project. Under Referenced libraries there is an option to specify remote lib location.
Hope that helps :)

Chetan Vyas

읽지 않음,
2016. 5. 11. 오후 5:54:4916. 5. 11.
받는사람 robotframework-users
Hi,
Thanks for such a good plugin.
I have a few questions though.

RED is not able to find my external libraries. (I have implemented some keywords in java) . Add java library option is grayed out in the red.xml
When are you guys planning to support the Table Editor persistency.

Vishal

읽지 않음,
2016. 6. 5. 오후 1:19:2316. 6. 5.
받는사람 robotframework-users
Is it possible to opensource the source code, so that others can also contribute .
We are using this plugin and wanted to check how we can contribute modifications.

Thanks,
Vishal

Krzysztof Jozefowicz

읽지 않음,
2016. 6. 5. 오후 4:20:4316. 6. 5.
받는사람 robotframework-users
Hi

We are slowly working on it, I hope it will be published until end of July.

Vishal

읽지 않음,
2016. 6. 9. 오전 11:43:5316. 6. 9.
받는사람 robotframework-users