RoboGuice 2.0 RC1 now available

Mike Burton

Mar 20, 2012, 6:41:34 PM3/20/12
to robo...@googlegroups.com
Hi y'all!

I'm pleased to announce that the first Release Candidate of RoboGuice 2.0 is now available in Maven Central.

All of the issues marked as Milestone-Release-2.0 have been resolved in the issue list.  My plan is to let this release bake for two to three weeks, and if no major issues are discovered during that time then I'll cut the final release.  Any blocking issues discovered from here on out will be fixed in 2.0, but any non-blocking issues we can expect to be fixed in the next release after 2.0 (likely 2.0.1 or 2.1).

Please bang on this release a bit and tell me what you find!  The more we beat it up now, the more solid a release we'll have later.

Cheers,
Mike

Macarse

Mar 20, 2012, 6:44:50 PM3/20/12
to robo...@googlegroups.com
Cool! Thanks Mike!

Michael Burton

Mar 20, 2012, 6:45:53 PM3/20/12
to robo...@googlegroups.com
Non-maven users can download the artifacts manually from here: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/roboguice/roboguice/2.0-RC1/

Manfred Moser

Mar 20, 2012, 7:02:01 PM3/20/12
to robo...@googlegroups.com
Testing now.. looks good so far.

Thanks!

manfred

> --
> "roboguice" group.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/roboguice/-/Lyzt812gAw8J.

Donn Felker

Mar 20, 2012, 7:03:07 PM3/20/12
to robo...@googlegroups.com
Awesome!

Andrew Toulouse

Mar 20, 2012, 7:05:36 PM3/20/12
to robo...@googlegroups.com
Awesome! I've been using the beta releases in production (heh…er…) with no problems other than the classloader complaint about Finalizer*. Good work.

--Andy

* W/nalizableReferenceQueue( 2053): Could not load Finalizer in its own class loader. Loading Finalizer in the current class loader instead. As a result, you will not be able to garbage collect this class loader. To support reclaiming this class loader, either resolve the underlying issue, or move Google Collections to your system class path.
W/nalizableReferenceQueue( 2053): java.io.FileNotFoundException: com/google/inject/internal/util/$Finalizer.class

P.S. How can I go about getting Crunchyroll's logo added to the list of apps? Should I email you off-list?

Mike Burton

Mar 20, 2012, 7:11:34 PM3/20/12
to robo...@googlegroups.com
Great!  I'll be happy to add crunchyroll.  I've got a short queue of a few other apps that have made requests as well that I hope to add to the front page soon.

André Luiz R. Silva

Mar 20, 2012, 9:18:40 PM3/20/12
to robo...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations!

I'll test tomorrow and send feedback.
Atenciosamente,

André Luiz R. Silva
@andreronsilva

Mike Burton

Mar 20, 2012, 9:35:06 PM3/20/12
to robo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks André!  Good to hear from you, glad you're using it!

Toshi Kurauchi

Mar 20, 2012, 11:42:49 PM3/20/12
to robo...@googlegroups.com
Great, Mike! Congrats!

Already spreading the news among brazilian developers (pt_BR)! :)

Toshi Kurauchi

Mike Burton

Mar 20, 2012, 11:47:37 PM3/20/12
to robo...@googlegroups.com
Hah, love that image!  That was the original logo my best friend made for me from my pencil sketch :)

Also, thanks for the pronunciation guide.  However, you've taken all the fun out of my next visit to Brazil, knowing that my friends down there won't be calling it "robo-geese" anymore.

Marlon Carvalho

Apr 4, 2012, 11:55:17 AM4/4/12
to robo...@googlegroups.com
Great news. Already using it in my new project. When will you come back to Brazil? :-)

Marlon
Great, Mike! Congrats!

Atenciosamente,

André Luiz R. Silva