10th NorCal Permaculture Convergence

Living Mandala

Aug 12, 2015, 1:26:45 AM8/12/15
to reseau-perm...@googlegroups.com
Dear Friends,

We're excited about the upcoming 2015 Building Resilient Communities Convergence, October 8-11, at the beautiful Solar Living Institute in Hopland, CA. (2 hours north of San Francisco).

This Convergence is a combined effort of the 10th Northern California Permaculture Convergence, Transition Movement Initiatives, and the NorCal Community Resilience Network. The event will bring together people from Northern California, the West Coast, and beyond for an inspirational weekend of intensive focus with a common goal: to design, build, and strengthen sustainable communities and habitats, in accordance with nature, for humans, plants, animals, the greater bioregion, and the Earth at large.

We are estimating 500+ sustainability enthusiasts, permaculture designers, social entrepreneurs, community organizers, social justice activists, and citizens inspired to make a difference; who will gather to share best practices, tools, and technologies to strengthen our shared goals and movement at large.

More Information can be found below or on our website: www.permacultureconvergence.com

EARLY BIRD PRICING AVAILABLE NOW FOR A LIMITED TIME!

CONVERGENCE PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS

SPEAKERS INCLUDE: Joel Salatin, Bryant Terry, Starhawk, Brock Dolman, Trathen Heckman, Jeanette Acosta, Kelly Carlisle, Erik Ohlsen, Doria Robinson, Max Meyers, Brandi Mack, Kevin Bayuk & Many More!

• WORKSHOPS THEMES: Climate Change & Drought Solutions, Land & Nature Stewardship, Leadership Development, Organizational Capacity Building, Home & Neighborhood Resiliency, Regenerative Business, Alternative Economy, Appropriate Technology, Social Justice, Inner Resilience, Social Permaculture, Governance, and Many More!

• SKILL SHARES: Homesteading, natural building, seed saving, food production, fermenting, herbal medicine-making, and more.

• BIOREGIONAL NETWORKING: Connect with old friends, cross-pollinate, and make new connections with other allies in your local region and beyond.

• DELICIOUS FOOD: Community kitchen, affordable local cuisine, and a Saturday evening Harvest Banquet Feast!

• VILLAGE COMMONS: A model resilience community including a marketplace to buy local artisan products.

• MUSIC & AFTER-HOURS ENTERTAINMENT: Live music from The Luminaries and other local musicians, the Ultimate Permaculture Passion Show and other after-hours magic.

• CHILDCARE AVAILABLE: The Convergence is Family friendly event! We will offer childcare + a creative, fun, educational experience.

• ON-SITE CAMPING: with after-hours magic at the beautiful and whimsically sustainable Solar Living Institute

VENUE - SOLAR LIVING INSTITUTE

The Convergence will be hosted at the Solar Living Institute in Hopland CA (approximately two hours north of San Francisco), a beautiful 12-acre renewable energy and sustainable living demonstration site that is visited by 200,000 people annually. The site includes organic gardens, ponds, natural buildings, biodiesel fueling station, Real Goods Store, and the Solar 2000 - one of northern California's largest solar arrays providing 160,000 kWh of clean renewable energy annually.

APPLY TO OFFER A WORKSHOP!

Priority deadline for workshops applications is Saturday, Aug 15th! To apply to offer a workshop visit: http://permacultureconvergence.com/workshops/

VOLUNTEER!

Volunteering for the Convergence is a great way to plug into an amazing community, as well as receive discount on tickets through our Worktrade Program. Volunteer opportunities are available both leading up to the Convergence and at the live event. To apply for worktrade visit: http://permacultureconvergence.com/volunteer-worktrade-application/

JOIN THE CONVERGENCE COALITION!

As a partner of the Building Resilient Communities Convergence, your organization or business will receive exposure at one of the most leading-edge conferences of sustainable development and community resiliency on the West Coast, reach an online audience of over 200k, and support our Diversity Scholarship Fund. To become a partner visit: http://permacultureconvergence.com/become-a-partner/

GET TICKETS!

EARLY BIRD PRICING AVAILABLE NOW FOR A LIMITED TIME!

We are offering both single day and Full Weekend (3-day) tickets. Whether you are a seasoned permaculturalist, a transition town activist, a community organizer, or just excited to learn about a new way of living in greater harmony with people and the planet…you will find something in it for you!

Towards Resiliency,

-The Living Mandala Team

Building Resilient Communities Convergence
Oct 8-11, 2015
Solar Living Institute, Hopland, CA