Is RequestPolicy dead?

Dave

Mar 23, 2014, 12:33:30 PM3/23/14
to requestpol...@googlegroups.com
What's the status of this project?  As far as I can tell there hasn't been any code changes in two years and the developer hasn't posted any replies here since August of 2012.  I see reports of problems with Firefox 27 and I'm wondering about the viability of this addon going forward.  Anyone have any current information on this?

stepha...@gmail.com

Mar 24, 2014, 4:13:20 AM3/24/14
to requestpol...@googlegroups.com, peevis...@gmail.com
This is a good question.
It works fine for me. Version 1.0.0b3 with firefox 28.
Can we have an answer?
Thanks

©TriMoon™

Jul 15, 2014, 9:20:35 AM7/15/14
to requestpol...@googlegroups.com, peevis...@gmail.com
I guess its save to assume its dead...
Maybe someone should take-over the project as it is a very useful extension.
I'm personally going to downgrade from the beta version because it doesn't have export/import of settings, if it works worse as the beta then i have no other option as to completely uninstall.

RequestPolicy Support

Jul 15, 2014, 10:31:50 AM7/15/14
to requestpol...@googlegroups.com, peevis...@gmail.com
Hi,

Sorry for the radio silence. I don't consider the project dead. However, until something major changes in my life, I have no time to work on RequestPolicy. And there's no guarantee if and when that will happen. Maybe "in stasis" would be a better description than "dead".

As far as I know, RequestPolicy works great for a lot of people still. Unfortunately, I don't have time to investigate the bug reports, let alone fix bugs.

What would be great to see is someone with the necessary skills, vision, and passion who forks RequestPolicy and gains momentum with their fork.

For now, it's great that many people still get a lot of value from RequestPolicy.

Thanks,
Justin

Andrey Chaser

Jul 25, 2014, 2:30:50 AM7/25/14
to requestpol...@googlegroups.com, peevis...@gmail.com
Hi. It's very pity. Anyway, can you give access to your repository to someone, who can continue develop RequestPolicy or just make minor bug-fixing and merge pull-requests?

myrdd

Sep 10, 2014, 11:37:25 AM9/10/14
to requestpol...@googlegroups.com, peevis...@gmail.com
Anyone reading this, see this website for continued development:

https://requestpolicycontinued.github.io/requestpolicy/