Question about change edit REST endpoints.

Khai Do

Dec 17, 2015, 6:22:30 PM12/17/15
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hello.  We just upgraded from Gerrit ver 2.8 to 2.11 and noticed that the edit commit message rest endpoint[1] was replaced by the change commit message endpoint[2] which is a backwards incompatible change.  I looked up the new endpoint in the documentation and noticed this line...

"Change Edit Endpoints: These endpoints are considered to be unstable and can be changed in backwards incompatible way any time without notice."

This notice is also on master[3].  I was wondering if this statement is still true for Gerrit versions after 2.11?

David Pursehouse

Dec 17, 2015, 7:37:44 PM12/17/15
to Khai Do, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
On Fri, Dec 18, 2015 at 8:22 AM Khai Do <zaro...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello.  We just upgraded from Gerrit ver 2.8 to 2.11 and noticed that the edit commit message rest endpoint[1] was replaced by the change commit message endpoint[2] which is a backwards incompatible change.  I looked up the new endpoint in the documentation and noticed this line...

"Change Edit Endpoints: These endpoints are considered to be unstable and can be changed in backwards incompatible way any time without notice."

This notice is also on master[3].  I was wondering if this statement is still true for Gerrit versions after 2.11?

I think these endpoints should be considered stable in 2.11 and later, so this statement should be removed from the documentation.