Announce: Gerrit-2.5-rc0 (release candidate)

Edwin Kempin

Aug 22, 2012, 10:01:55 AM8/22/12
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
I am pleased to announce Gerrit Code Review 2.5-rc0.

Download:

  http://code.google.com/p/gerrit/downloads/list

This is the first release candidate for Gerrit 2.5.

The release notes are only available as plain asciidoc text:

  https://gerrit.googlesource.com/gerrit/+/stable-2.5/ReleaseNotes/ReleaseNotes-2.5.txt

Due to missing permissions I wasn't able to publish the new generated documentation.

-Edwin

Alan Eneev

Aug 23, 2012, 2:48:12 PM8/23/12
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com
Edwin, thank you for assembling this release and thanks everyone for making this release possible. Gerrit has got a lot of new good features in it.

Is this RC compiled for firefox only?

I'm getting "ERROR: Possible problem with your *.gwt.xml module file.
The compile time user.agent value (gecko1_8) does not match the runtime user.agent value (safari). Expect more errors." on every page load in chrome after upgrade.

Chad Horohoe

Aug 24, 2012, 9:34:58 AM8/24/12
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 2:48 PM, Alan Eneev <ene...@gmail.com> wrote:
Edwin, thank you for assembling this release and thanks everyone for making this release possible. Gerrit has got a lot of new good features in it.

Is this RC compiled for firefox only?

I'm getting "ERROR: Possible problem with your *.gwt.xml module file.
The compile time user.agent value (gecko1_8) does not match the runtime user.agent value (safari). Expect more errors." on every page load in chrome after upgrade.

I've got the exact same problem with rc0. Checking out and compiling
stable-2.5 locally does not produce the same error.

-Chad

Edwin Kempin

Aug 24, 2012, 9:53:19 AM8/24/12
to Chad Horohoe, repo-d...@googlegroups.com
When doing the release build I forgot to disable the firefox profile in my Maven settings.xml ...
In the meantime I've done a new build with support for all browsers and replaced the war on the Gerit download site:

  http://code.google.com/p/gerrit/downloads/list

Please download the new war file. Sorry for the inconvenience!

The good war file has a size of 24.6 MB, the bad one has only 21,2 MB.

Auke Schrijnen

Aug 29, 2012, 3:08:09 AM8/29/12
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion, Edwin Kempin
I have found a regression in 2.5-rc0, the gitweb integration doesn't seem to work anymore. I configured gitweb.cgi and the gitweb urls appear but they return a http 404. This works fine with 2.4.2 (tried both 2.5-rc0 and 2.4.2 in a sandboxed environment).

What is the best way to enable server-side debug logging? With the current logging in logs/error_log i'm unable to investigate this problem.

Auke

Chad Horohoe

Sep 19, 2012, 5:10:58 PM9/19/12
to Edwin Kempin, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Is there a rough timetable for a 2.5rc1 yet?

-Chad

Steffen Gebert

Sep 20, 2012, 1:38:30 PM9/20/12
to repo-discuss@googlegroups.com Discussion
Hi john,

I had the same problem and got answer here like two days ago. The authGroups have to be visible for every user, which is weird (bug) but helps.

Yours
Steffen

On Sep 20, 2012, at 3:53 PM, John Bellone <john.be...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I upgraded yesterday and Gitweb integration works fine here. I ended up seeing some issues with replication that I am sorting through (it isn't recognizing my authGroup that I created) which seems to resolve itself if I reload the plugin through the command-line. Luckily we're still in the middle of setting up Gerrit and haven't gone live with all of the developers so I have some time to work out the kinks.
>
> Great job with the (ongoing) release. I hope to be able to contribute to this great project!

Brad Larson

Oct 4, 2012, 5:24:03 PM10/4/12
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com

On Wednesday, August 22, 2012 9:01:55 AM UTC-5, Edwin Kempin wrote:
I am pleased to announce Gerrit Code Review 2.5-rc0.

Hi Edwin, any thoughts on when you will release the next RC or the final version?  Or, any list of tasks/issues which must be completed first?  $dayjob is thinking about upgrading soon and some schedule insight would be helpful.

Keep up the good work!
Brad

Edwin Kempin

Oct 5, 2012, 1:01:05 AM10/5/12
to Brad Larson, repo-d...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I would like to release Gerrit-2.5-rc1 soon. Actually I wanted to do it this week,
but now there is one issue that still needs to be fixed [1]. Other then that I'm considering
to include the test-submit-rule SSH command [2] if it is ready.

If there are no major issues with Gerrit-2.5-rc1, I will take it as the final version for 2.5.
I want to have the final version to be released before the Gerrit User Summit [3] in November.

Edwin

[1] https://groups.google.com/d/topic/repo-discuss/_ZrltX6ju24/discussion
[2] https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/37171
[3] https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dEp1cjN1WDNaWk1HZXlKZ1RXdWhZZlE6MQ

2012/10/4 Brad Larson <bkla...@gmail.com>

Chad Horohoe

Oct 5, 2012, 8:18:20 AM10/5/12
to Edwin Kempin, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
+1 on including test-submit-rule (not so much for the feature,
but it now depends on If13393aa, which I *would* like in 2.5)

-Chad

Saša Živkov

Oct 5, 2012, 8:35:07 AM10/5/12
to Chad Horohoe, Edwin Kempin, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 2:18 PM, Chad Horohoe <chor...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
+1 on including test-submit-rule (not so much for the feature,
but it now depends on If13393aa, which I *would* like in 2.5)

The If13393aa is now in and I see no big obstacles for the test-submit-rule command.

Vladimir Berezniker

Oct 5, 2012, 9:51:05 AM10/5/12
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Has the issue with git over HTTP and configuration that does not use dedicated thread pool for change updates [1] affecting Gerrit-2.5-rc0 been fixed?

Thank you,

Vladimir

Edwin Kempin

Oct 5, 2012, 10:01:37 AM10/5/12
to Vladimir Berezniker, repo-d...@googlegroups.com

2012/10/5 Vladimir Berezniker <vol...@gmail.com>

Hi,

Has the issue with git over HTTP and configuration that does not use dedicated thread pool for change updates [1] affecting Gerrit-2.5-rc0 been fixed?
No, there was no change pushed for review that fixes this issue, neither for master nor for stable-2.5.
If a fix is pushed it can still be accepted.