Gerrit User Summit (Nov 10, 11) + Hacking - Registration Now Open!

Shawn Pearce

Sep 14, 2012, 2:32:39 PM9/14/12
to repo-discuss
We have confirmed the dates. There is no conference fee, your expenses
are just your travel and lodging costs. If you are attending please
complete the registration form:

http://goo.gl/5HYlB

and book your own travel and lodging. If you are thinking of coming to
the hackathon session after the user summit, please confirm with me
that we have space available.

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 8:19 AM, Shawn Pearce <s...@google.com> wrote:
> We are hosting a two-day Gerrit User Summit at Google's
> Mountain View, CA offices on Saturday November 10 and Sunday November
> 11th.
>
> The user summit is open to anyone that wants to get together with
> other users and administrators to share experiences or learn how to
> get more from Gerrit and its related tools (e.g. git, repo).
>
> Following the user summit, we are hosting a week-long (Mon
> Nov 12-16) Gerrit hacking session for current contributors. Last May
> this was incredibly productive, bringing the plugin support that is in
> 2.5 and starting a number of plugins. I am looking forward to further
> innovation this year. :-)

Patrick Renaud

Sep 14, 2012, 5:56:24 PM9/14/12
to Shawn Pearce, repo-discuss
Great! See you all there.
> --

-Patrick

Patrick Renaud

Sep 19, 2012, 11:25:32 AM9/19/12
to Shawn Pearce, repo-discuss
Question: Will you be setting some kind of a wiki like for the
previous GitTogether events?

Tx.
-Patrick

Shawn Pearce

Sep 19, 2012, 2:02:59 PM9/19/12
to Patrick Renaud, repo-discuss

Sure. I will do this soon and send the link out.

Misha Nesterenko

Sep 19, 2012, 11:38:54 PM9/19/12
to Shawn Pearce, repo-discuss
Will there be any online translation? Or will recorded video be published after the event?

Shawn Pearce

Sep 21, 2012, 8:50:00 PM9/21/12
to Misha Nesterenko, repo-discuss
On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 8:38 PM, Misha Nesterenko
<misha.ne...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Will there be any online translation?

None planned. Folks present can take notes and post them online. We
have a sites page we are using as a wiki that we will publish after
the event. This could contain those notes.

> Or will recorded video be published
> after the event?

No.

Tomas Daarstad

Sep 25, 2012, 4:05:52 PM9/25/12
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com
Which hotel would you recommend?

See you there!

--
Tomas Daarstad, http://www.tieto.com

Shawn Pearce

Sep 26, 2012, 10:17:45 AM9/26/12
to Tomas Daarstad, repo-discuss
On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 1:05 PM, Tomas Daarstad
<tomas.d...@tieto.com> wrote:
> Which hotel would you recommend?

In the past I have recommended the Wild Palms Hotel in Sunnyvale [1],
or Hotel Avante in Mountain View [2]. In prior years they have
sometimes been able to offer a discount on the rooms if you mention
you are staying with them to visit Google and attend a program run by
the Open Source Programs Office. I haven't stayed at either property
in years, but they were nice enough and the rates were fairly
reasonable for the area.

Both are a bit far from Google, ~15 minute driving distance. I know
some folks found travel lodges and the like (cheaper motels) closer to
Google on El Camino Real. Nothing is available within walking distance
however.

[1] http://www.jdvhotels.com/wild_palms/
[2] http://www.jdvhotels.com/hotels/siliconvalley/avante

Martin Fick

Oct 5, 2012, 1:01:13 PM10/5/12
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com, Shawn Pearce
I got approval and will be attending both the user summit
and the hackathon (assuming there is still place for me)...

I was thinking of staying a bit longer to enjoy a day
(Saturday Nov 17) of mountain biking in the Santa Cruz
mountains, anyone want to join me for some company. I am
not a super athlete, so if you are you would be bored
(waiting for me a lot). But I have been riding trails for a
good 5 years now... I welcome anyone to join me, even if
you are new to the sport. I am sure there are many
beautiful trails that we could explore, even for novices. I
will look to rent a bike while out there.

See you next month!

-Martin

--
The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code
Aurora Forum, hosted by The Linux Foundation

Luca Milanesio

Oct 5, 2012, 1:07:58 PM10/5/12
to Martin Fick, repo-d...@googlegroups.com, Shawn Pearce
That's cool ... see you in November :-)

Luca.

Patrick Renaud

Oct 11, 2012, 4:31:46 PM10/11/12
to Luca Milanesio, Martin Fick, repo-d...@googlegroups.com, Shawn Pearce
Damn. Just found out that Hotel Avante does not offer the free shuttle
service to/from Google on weekends. Looks like we'll have to drive....
:-(
--
--Patrick

Luca Milanesio

Oct 12, 2012, 3:41:04 AM10/12/12
to Patrick Renaud, Martin Fick, repo-d...@googlegroups.com, Shawn Pearce, Luca Milanesio
Hey Patrick,
I do have a car ... can come through your Hotel on Sat and Sun ;-)

Luca.