Question about replicate

seonguk.baek

Oct 8, 2012, 12:11:46 PM10/8/12
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com
Hello all.

When configured as first image, the problem is that developers do repo init / repo sync by selecting one of slaves.

Since a developer selects the one of slave, it leads not to maintain the load balancing equally between slave 1 to 7 so the request by this developer is to occur to loads to a certain slave. We already dropped the notice to these users who tends to occur to this type of behavior. However it seems they do not actually abide by the rule I recommended.

Therefore, I am thinking to use L4 switch as described the second image.  Can you please let me know if you have the case study by using L4 which I consider to have from now?

이미지 027.png
이미지 028.png

Martin Fick

Oct 8, 2012, 1:27:48 PM10/8/12
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com, seonguk.baek
On Monday, October 08, 2012 10:11:46 am seonguk.baek wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> When configured as first image, the problem is that
> developers do repo init/ repo sync by selecting one of
> slaves.
>
> Since a developer selects the one of slave, it leads not
> to maintain the load balancing equally between slave 1
> to 7 so the request by this developer is to occur to
> loads to a certain slave. We already dropped the notice
> to these users who tends to occur to this type of
> behavior. However it seems they do not actually abide by
> the rule I recommended.
>
> Therefore, I am thinking to use L4 switch as described
> the second image. Can you please let me know if you have
> the case study by using L4 which I consider to have from
> now?

We do put a load balancer in front of our slaves. I believe
it is a layer 3 switch though. I see no reason why level 4
wouldn't work,

-Martin

--
The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code
Aurora Forum, hosted by The Linux Foundation

seonguk.baek

Oct 9, 2012, 2:22:30 AM10/9/12
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com, seonguk.baek
Thanks for your reply :-)

2012년 10월 9일 화요일 오전 2시 29분 14초 UTC+9, MartinFick 님의 말: