[ANNOUNCE] Gerrit 2.6

Shawn Pearce

Jun 21, 2013, 3:02:16 PM6/21/13
to repo-discuss

Edwin Kempin

Jun 21, 2013, 6:56:18 PM6/21/13
to Shawn Pearce, Repo and Gerrit Discussion

Hey that's great that 2.6 is finally out :-)))

Luca Milanesio

Jun 21, 2013, 7:59:35 PM6/21/13
to Shawn Pearce, Repo and Gerrit Discussion, Edwin Kempin
Congrats and welcome to the full Gerrit RESTFul API :-)

Luca

Sent from my iPad

Mark Derricutt

Jun 23, 2013, 8:24:59 PM6/23/13
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion

Luca Milanesio wrote:

> Hey that's great that 2.6 is finally out :-)))

Congrats to all - we're upgraded ( sadly ops guy didn't spot the 2.6.1
link in my ticket tho and just grabbed what was on the web ).

Interestingly, I tried out the 'gerrit gc' on one of our large repos:

~ ssh -p 29418 gerrit.smxemail.com gerrit gc dev/smx3-core
collecting garbage for "dev/smx3-core":
Pack refs: 100% (3448/3448)
Counting objects: 114886
Finding sources: 100% (114886/114886)
Getting sizes: 100% (56503/56503)
Compressing objects: 100% (737402/737402)
Writing objects: 100% (114886/114886)
Selecting commits: 100% (7891/7891)
Building bitmaps: 23% ( 37/158)fatal: internal server error

Sadly, the JVM ( -Xmx512m ) hit an OutOfMemoryException :( bumping that
up to a 1024m solved the issue tho - now things run like a dream!

PS: I notice the favico is still green :)

Thomas Swindells (tswindel)

Jun 24, 2013, 5:50:08 AM6/24/13
to Luca Milanesio, Shawn Pearce, Repo and Gerrit Discussion, Edwin Kempin

Hi all,

Thanks and well done for getting 2.6 out.

How long do we think it will be before 2.7 is released? (Or up another way should I take this upgrade or just wait till the next one?)

Thanks,

Thomas

Dave Borowitz

Jun 24, 2013, 10:23:10 AM6/24/13
to Thomas Swindells (tswindel), Luca Milanesio, Shawn Pearce, Repo and Gerrit Discussion, Edwin Kempin
I plan to cut an rc for 2.7 this week or next.