Is there a way to disable creating new changes with inline editing?

Basavaraj Karadakal

Nov 19, 2015, 9:21:24 PM11/19/15
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi All,
         We are looking to migrate to Gerrit 2.11 .  In our evironment we store the metadata about the change in a notes reference and upload it along with the change. The ability to create new changes with inline editing will bypass this mechanism. We would like to disable this feature, until we figure out how to make use of this feature in our workflow. Is there a way to disable inline editing feature or just creating new changes with inline editing?

Thanks for your help
Basavaraj

David Ostrovsky

Nov 19, 2015, 10:36:18 PM11/19/15

Am Freitag, 20. November 2015 03:21:24 UTC+1 schrieb Basavaraj Karadakal:
Hi All,
         We are looking to migrate to Gerrit 2.11 .  In our evironment we store the metadata about the change in a notes reference and upload it along with the change. The ability to create new changes with inline editing will bypass this mechanism. We would like to disable this feature, until we figure out how to make use of this feature in our workflow. Is there a way to disable inline editing feature or just creating new changes with inline editing?

There was a feature request [1] and this proposal [2] to disable inline edit feature.
However it was rejected with WONTFIX. If I understand your question correct, you
would be happy to just prevent from new changes to be upoaded online, but still
accept to amend existing changes with inline edit feature? This would be a trivial
change, you would just need this three lines: [3].

Basavaraj Karadakal

Nov 20, 2015, 1:08:22 AM11/20/15
to David Ostrovsky, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi David,
   Thanks a lot for the response. Yes with our current workflow it's OK if users can edit the changes once they are uploaded, we want to prevent new changes being created online. I will take the patch and try it out.
Regards
Basavaraj

Basavaraj Karadakal

Nov 20, 2015, 6:53:24 PM11/20/15
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion, david.o...@gmail.com
Hi David,
    The change worked, thanks ! . Have another question, if I need to selectively disable / enable the feature to certain projects where should I be looking to make the changes?

Thanks
Basavaraj

On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 7:36 PM, David Ostrovsky <david.o...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

David Ostrovsky

Nov 21, 2015, 3:27:34 AM11/21/15

Am Samstag, 21. November 2015 00:53:24 UTC+1 schrieb Basavaraj Karadakal:
Hi David,
    The change worked, thanks ! . Have another question, if I need to selectively disable / enable the feature to certain projects where should I be looking to make the changes?

Add new project option to upload new changes online. Check this change,
that added another option there. Retrieve project state in the class from my
previous comment and check whether the upload new changes online option
is enabled for the project, online change is going to be uploaded for.

Basavaraj Karadakal

Nov 21, 2015, 10:33:03 AM11/21/15
to David Ostrovsky, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Thanks a lot for the help.
Basavaraj