Gitweb links missing in 2.13.1

Tomas Hellberg

Sep 29, 2016, 10:53:39 AM9/29/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
We just upgraded to Gerrit 2.13.1 and now the Gitweb links on the change screen and branch list are missing. The Gitweb integration still works if the URL is requested manually (e.g. /gitweb?p=Playground/demo.git).

What do I need to get the links back? There's no mention of gitweb in error_log.

Makson Lee

Sep 29, 2016, 11:27:20 AM9/29/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion

David Pursehouse

Sep 29, 2016, 11:37:06 AM9/29/16
to Makson Lee, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 12:27 AM Makson Lee <cdle...@gmail.com> wrote:
try to set gitweb.type [1] to gitweb.

This is most likely the correct answer.  In previous versions of Gerrit, gitweb.type would default to 'gitweb' when not specified, but now it defaults to 'none'.  This was mentioned in the release notes.

[1] https://gerrit-documentation.storage.googleapis.com/Documentation/2.13.1/config-gerrit.html#gitweb.type

Tomas Hellberg

Sep 30, 2016, 2:32:24 AM9/30/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion, cdle...@gmail.com
Yes, that was it. Thanks for helping out.