Redis 3.0.0 RC2 is out

瀏覽次數:2,122 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Salvatore Sanfilippo

未讀,
2015年1月13日 上午11:04:382015/1/13
收件者:Redis DB
Hello,

The last Redis 3.0.0 release candidate is out. The stable version is
due in ~ three weeks at max, and is supposed to have only small or
zero changes compared to this.

I was about to release 3.0.0 as stable already, but there were a few
things that prevented me from doing so:

1) I put too much stuff between RC1 and RC2, the new development model
where cross-branch merges are a no-go was still not enforced. The new
stuff are not about Redis Cluster, and are already backported in 2.8
in most cases, however going from RC to stable with a lot of new code
that may potentially interact with Redis Cluster was not ok, two weeks
rest is safer.

2) The biggest thing was: there are a lot of 3.0.0 stuff which are not
documented. I don't think is particularly cool from me to release
stable code which is not documented. The CLUSTER commands are not
documented at Redis.io, nor the final documentation was proof-read in
order to make sure new changes made the doc obsolete in certain parts.

3) Moreover I don't have paying customers \o/ so why to give the
illusion of things going super fast ;-)

TLDR: enjoy the last RC of Redis 3.0.0! Next you'll see stable.
Numbers don't really help about actual code stability, so the best
thing we can do to improve Redis Cluster is testing it. Test it!!!

In this release there are also a few changes about Redis Cluster
itself. Here is the summary of the changes. Nothing should be broken
at API level. I was tempted to change a cluster bus structure that
would break the protocol. In the end I just made structure alignment
padding explicit, so we have room for future enhancements if needed,
and the node-to-node bus protocol is still compatible with the older
releases.

Change log follows:

--[ Redis 3.0.0 RC2 (version 2.9.102) ] Release date: 13 jan 2014

Upgrade urgency: LOW.

This is the second release candidate of Redis Cluster. The major changes
are back porting of things implemented into the unstable branch while
this was still possible (with the new development model adopted only
bug fixes will be merged in the future).

RC2 also fixes a few Redis Cluster non critical bugs.

>> General changes

* [FIX] A number of minor bug fixes.

* [NEW] Diskless replication backportede.
* [NEW] Lua bitops and updated cmsgpack backported.
* [NEW] Transparent Huge Pages warnings and reporting backported.

>> Cluster changes

* [FIX] Fix PUBLISH cluster bus message count field.
* [FIX] It is no longer possible to write outside node hash slots using Lua.
* [FIX] Valgrind warnings (no actual bugs).
* [FIX] Less strict in acceptiong myself->ip if it's not populated.

* [NEW] Better testing of Lua scripts.

>> Sentinel changes

No changes to Sentinel.

Regards,
Salvatore

--
Salvatore 'antirez' Sanfilippo
open source developer - Pivotal http://pivotal.io

"If a system is to have conceptual integrity, someone must control the
concepts."
— Fred Brooks, "The Mythical Man-Month", 1975.

Jean-Philippe Gilbert

未讀,
2015年1月13日 上午11:44:522015/1/13
收件者:redi...@googlegroups.com
Just to let you know, the Release Notes found at (https://raw.githubusercontent.com/antirez/redis/3.0/00-RELEASENOTES) has the date of release for RC2 set to "13 jan 2014".

Salvatore Sanfilippo

未讀,
2015年1月13日 中午12:10:472015/1/13
收件者:Redis DB
On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 5:44 PM, Jean-Philippe Gilbert
<jphilipp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just to let you know, the Release Notes found at
> (https://raw.githubusercontent.com/antirez/redis/3.0/00-RELEASENOTES) has
> the date of release for RC2 set to "13 jan 2014".

Thanks Jean-Philippe, just fixed.
回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄