['redis] or [re'dis]?

Alexander Onokhov

Sep 13, 2010, 6:59:18 AM9/13/10
to Redis DB
How do you pronounce Redis ['redis] or [re'dis]? What variant is
correct?

Konstantin Merenkov

Sep 13, 2010, 7:25:14 AM9/13/10
to redi...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 2:59 PM, Alexander Onokhov <ccn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> How do you pronounce Redis ['redis] or [re'dis]?  What variant is
> correct?

All my friends stress E.
I heard some people to stress I.

--
Best Regards,
Konstantin Merenkov

Peter Cooper

Sep 13, 2010, 8:37:54 AM9/13/10
to redi...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 11:59 AM, Alexander Onokhov <ccn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> How do you pronounce Redis ['redis] or [re'dis]?  What variant is
> correct?

There are more variants than that. ray-DEE, RED-iss, RE-dis, RAY-dis,
all spring to mind. Even Linus Torvalds accepts multiple
pronunciations for his name :-) I go with RED-iss myself but I like
the Romance language sound of RAY-dee too..

--
Regards,
Peter Çoopèr

Josiah Carlson

Sep 13, 2010, 1:08:23 PM9/13/10
to redi...@googlegroups.com
Those that I've heard pronounce it use "red-iss" with a slight
emphasis on the "red".

- Josiah

Ted Nyman

Sep 13, 2010, 1:11:08 PM9/13/10
to redi...@googlegroups.com
For the definitive answer, you can hear Salvatore himself (as well as
myself, and Ezra, too) pronounce it here:
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/7855635

-Ted

--
ted nyman
http://ted.io

Salvatore Sanfilippo

Sep 13, 2010, 7:42:40 PM9/13/10
to redi...@googlegroups.com
It's definitely REdis :)

But well, it will not care as long as you use it with passion!

Cheers,
Salvatore

--
Salvatore 'antirez' Sanfilippo
http://invece.org

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act,
but a habit." -- Aristotele