ReDBox Feature development - Call for collaborators!!

Amanda Nixon

Sep 26, 2012, 2:22:38 AM9/26/12
to 'redbo...@googlegroups.com'

Dear All,

Last week, we at Flinders agreed to contract QCIF to undertake development work on ReDBox to satisfy the requirements of our ANDS Metadata Stores project.

I’ve put together some feature requirements (using Duncan’s excellent template) that cover Deliverables D6, D8 and D14 and include the addition of data management planning functionality into ReDBox.

A copy of the Feature Development document can be found here: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7n0wBd18ZcxblNLVnlrSzc5RU0

A list of possible fields for ReDBox can be found here:  https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7n0wBd18ZcxbndmY1dTSU9MUlU

What I would really like to know is if anyone wishes to collaborate on this!

*It may be that you think these feature requirements are the bees knees and satisfy what you’re looking for. In that case – it would be terrific if you could collaborate with us by agreeing to contribute to the development either with funds or in kind.

*It may be that these feature developments have sparked some excellent ideas and you wish to add to the requirements or tweak them. This would be equally terrific! It would be great to have your ideas and an agreement to contribute to the development either with funds or in kind.

Given the number of institutions and the timelines, I suspect this has the potential to get complicated…. So it would be good to get started as soon as possible.

If you are interested in collaborating on this – please reply to the list by Wednesday 3 October.

Hoping to work with you more closely!

Amanda

Amanda Nixon

Manager, eResearch@Flinders

Flinders University Library

Flinders University

GPO Box 2100

Adelaide SA 5001

Ph (08) 8201 5217

www.flinders.edu.au

www.flinders.edu.au/people/amanda.nixon

CRICOS Provider Number: 00114A

This email and any attachments may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please inform the sender by reply email and delete all copies of this message.

meg...@deakin.edu.au

Sep 27, 2012, 2:40:41 AM9/27/12
to redbo...@googlegroups.com, 'redbo...@googlegroups.com'
Hi Amanda,

Thanks for the chat earlier on. As discussed, Deakin may be interested in partnering up to fund QCIF to undertake this work.

Terrific documents! I do have some questions/suggestions about functionality however I think we should look to address these between the institutions who would like to be involved in this partnership and QCIF. So let's see if there's more interest than just us and then move forward from there.

I will make a proposal to our Project Board about this and get back to you.

Megan

Amanda Nixon

Sep 27, 2012, 2:48:47 AM9/27/12
to redbo...@googlegroups.com

Hi Megan,

Excellent! And thanks for going on the list with this.

Yes – I agree. We should get down to the nitty gritty of the functionality when we know how many partners we have.

Cheers,

Amanda

CRICOS Provider Number: 00114A

This email and any attachments may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please inform the sender by reply email and delete all copies of this message.

-- Website: http://www.redboxresearchdata.com.au

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups ReDBox group. To post to this group, send email to redbo...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to redbox-repo...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/redbox-repo?hl=en

Toby at UWS

Sep 27, 2012, 7:17:45 PM9/27/12
to redbo...@googlegroups.com, 'redbo...@googlegroups.com'
Amanda,

Count us in! Can you keep me and Peter Sefton advised of any collaborative meetings.

As a side note, we are open to "beyond ANDS" type features as well.

Cheers,
Toby

Vicki Picasso

Oct 1, 2012, 10:49:29 PM10/1/12
to redbo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Amanda,

Apologies for arriving late to the party :)  and for the slow response - have been away on leave.  Yes, at Newcastle we are interested in collaborating on feature development.  I've also developed a draft feature requirements document which I'll finalise now that I'm back at work and will hopefully circulate tomorrow.

cheers,  Vicki

Vicki Picasso
Senior Librarian, Research Support and Bibliographic Services
University Library
Academic and Global Relations Division
University of Newcastle
Callaghan  NSW  2308  Australia

P.  02 4921 5861
F.  02 4921 5833
E.  Vicki....@newcastle.edu.au

>>> Amanda Nixon <amanda...@flinders.edu.au> 26/09/2012 4:22 pm >>>

Sharyn Wise

Oct 1, 2012, 11:51:08 PM10/1/12
to redbo...@googlegroups.com, 'redbo...@googlegroups.com'
Hi Amanda and others

Another late entry here: Michael Lynch, our UTS MS22 Project Manager, has also just returned from leave. We at UTS would also be interested in collaborating on future developments.

kind regards

Sharyn Wise
eResearch Analyst

Amanda Nixon

Oct 3, 2012, 5:09:58 AM10/3/12
to <redbox-repo@googlegroups.com>
Dear All,

Thank you to everyone who is on board to collaborate! I'm on the leave at the moment, but will be rearing to go from next Monday.

At this stage - if you have already said you'd like to collaborate, it would be terrific if you could email me off list and let me know the following:

1. An estimate of when you may be able to commit to this development model. I suspect many of you will need to consult Steering Committees etc.
2. An indication of whether you will be contributing with cash or in kind

Besides this - it would be great if you could send me questions/comments/suggestions/changes to the original feature development documents by 17 October (earlier if possible). I'll then try to work them into something coherent that we can jointly endorse and send to QCIF.

For those of you that have not yet responded to the call for collaboration - it's not too late! Please email the list, or direct to me.

Kind regards,
Amanda

Sent from my iPad

Amanda Nixon

Oct 3, 2012, 5:14:06 AM10/3/12
to <redbox-repo@googlegroups.com>
Sorry. That's meant to read raring to go....

Sent from my iPad