Electronic Psyduck question

S_Gr...@webtv.net

Nov 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/25/99
Ok, I bought this thing as a Christmas gift for a friend of mine because
she seems to have taken a liking to what I've deemed the stupid Pokemon
(Psyduck ain't exactly the brightest character).

Anyway, what does it do? I mean once you put the batteries in, what
kind of mindless entertainment can we expect? ;)

-Brian who wishes they'd make an electronic Jigglypuff complete with
that annoying song. Or maybe Koffing just because it's fun to say

"Your Majesty....this SUCKS!" - Jack from "Xyber 9"

ElDavo

Nov 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/25/99
Well after you put in 2 N batteries and turn him (her?) on and make noise
it sarts making duck-like sounds and moving like it's doing the Hula.
If you can find it the import wind-up kit by Tomy it a much better.
Try EB, Software Etc, Babbages or Suncoast for it.
ElDavo

<S_Gr...@webtv.net> wrote in message

The Real Meanie Babe

Nov 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/25/99
On Thu, 25 Nov 1999 02:18:08 -0600, "ElDavo" <eld...@ix.netcom.com>
wrote:

^*^Well after you put in 2 N batteries and turn him (her?) on and make noise
^*^it sarts making duck-like sounds and moving like it's doing the Hula.
^*^If you can find it the import wind-up kit by Tomy it a much better.
^*^Try EB, Software Etc, Babbages or Suncoast for it.
^*^ElDavo

Better? The model kit?

Oh nooo!

Talking Psyduck is one of the cutest things in the world! He sort of
spazzed, saying "quack quack quack! quack quack quack!" and rotates
his hips wildly. He's sooooo adorable! The model kits is cute, but
mine always keeps his head in this titled position and seems to be
questioning the others on the shelf. I should make him partners with
ny Icahbod figure.

I really LOVE the talking Pokemon... Meowth was the one that started
this whole thing for me, so I'll always have a soft spot (and I don't
really like the English-speaking one.) And Bulbasaur... he NODS his
HEAD! You can ask him questions and the answer will always be a sound
"yes" in his special "DANE DANE" way.

Wheee.

pixie, too much time for funness like this, it seems

"mono mo ienai"
º¤ø http://www.locostuff.com ø¤º
<>pokemon trade board<>
http://www.angelfire.com/ri/fangeek
click on the link =^-^=
http://www.onelist.com/community/PokemonObsessed

Bryan Lambert

Nov 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/25/99
On Thu, 25 Nov 1999 13:32:16 GMT, don'tspam...@cloud9.net (The Real
Meanie Babe) wrote:

>I really LOVE the talking Pokemon... Meowth was the one that started
>this whole thing for me, so I'll always have a soft spot (and I don't
>really like the English-speaking one.) And Bulbasaur... he NODS his
>HEAD! You can ask him questions and the answer will always be a sound
>"yes" in his special "DANE DANE" way.

Wait.

Are you telling me that, once upon a time, before the Warner Brothers
guy put the chip in my neck, there was an electronic Bulbasaur?

Or is it a Japanese import?

'Cause I'm going to be CRANKY if they don't (re-)release it. I'm of
the opinion that the two greatest episodes of Pokemon (Island of the
Giant Pokemon, Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden) are that way strictly
because of the awesome force that is . . . Bulbasaur.

Bryan "I bulb... what the Bulb is bulbing." Lambert
<bryn...@minn.net> <http://www1.minn.net/~bryncthy>
RATMM's Official Biggest Wuss, RTAFD's Circus Malapert
Keeper - Modern Space Ghost FAQ - HG Industries: homegame.org
"But it does not matter, because ever since that man from Warner Bros
put the chip in my neck, I can't stop thinking about Pokemon." - Brak

S_Gr...@webtv.net

Nov 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/25/99
Does it actually sound like he does on the show? Does he say something
like, "Psy...Psy...duck?"

-Brian

ComicRay

Nov 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/25/99
In article <15066-38...@storefull-108.iap.bryant.webtv.net>,

S_Gr...@webtv.net wrote:
> Does it actually sound like he does on the show? Does he say
something
> like, "Psy...Psy...duck?"

He only makes a repeated "quack" noise. I was a little disappointed.
The Togepi one I think is better. He (she) "wobbles" side to side and
says his (her?) name just like in the show.

--
ComicRay
reporter: http://www.figures.com/

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

The Real Meanie Babe

Nov 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/26/99
On Thu, 25 Nov 1999 17:08:27 GMT, bryn...@minn.net (Bryan Lambert)
wrote:

^*^
^*^Are you telling me that, once upon a time, before the Warner Brothers
^*^guy put the chip in my neck, there was an electronic Bulbasaur?
^*^
^*^Or is it a Japanese import?

Japanese import. I paid the lovely sum of $25 US for this little
creature (down from $35 because I bought the last one in the store and
he was a loose sample piece. Happy!)

^*^'Cause I'm going to be CRANKY if they don't (re-)release it. I'm of
^*^the opinion that the two greatest episodes of Pokemon (Island of the
^*^Giant Pokemon, Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden) are that way strictly
^*^because of the awesome force that is . . . Bulbasaur.

I agree! Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden is my very favorite episode,
too. How can I argue with a small army of Bulbasaurs?

It's strange - in the US, they make all this Squirtle/Charmander/Pika
stuff and neglect the REAL star, the real starter that all the kids
are raving about, Bulbasaur! There are sooo many thing where he is
missing - the little silver colored jewelry (so I have Meowth
earrings), those C-Watches, the banks, ornaments... Always the last to
show up, B'Saur the mighty.

so, so sad... but it saves me money, I suppose.

I'm sure the talking one will make it out here eventually. And I kind
of hope it has an English voice chip since I love his voice on the
show.

pixie "rambling."

Bryan Lambert

Nov 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/26/99
On Fri, 26 Nov 1999 14:11:53 GMT, don'tspam...@cloud9.net (The Real
Meanie Babe) wrote:

>It's strange - in the US, they make all this Squirtle/Charmander/Pika
>stuff and neglect the REAL star, the real starter that all the kids
>are raving about, Bulbasaur! There are sooo many thing where he is
>missing - the little silver colored jewelry (so I have Meowth
>earrings), those C-Watches, the banks, ornaments... Always the last to
>show up, B'Saur the mighty.

I actually have a theory on this. It is, of course, completely made up
and not real at all, but it was in response to a question on another
ng about whether there would be a Bulbasaur equivalent to the I Choose
You Pikachu:

"As we all know, Bulbasaur is basically the "oppressed black male" of
the Pokemon world. Always getting shafted by THE MAN when it comes to
merchandising. Sure, they made him #1 as a TOKEN, but who gets all the
attention? Pikachu. #25. Just because he's YELLOW.

It took YEARS for the B-man to get his own beanie, for example, and
when he did, it was with the other revolutionaries, Psyduck and
Butterfree. Look at the office supplies. Pikachu gets to be a stapler
and a calculator. Jigglypuff gets to dispense tape. Poliwhirl gets to
be a tape measure. Bulbasaur? Pencil sharpener.

Pencil sharpener. In other words, you take a looooong piece of wood,
jam it into his back side, spin it around until pieces break off, then
yank it back out again, leaving chunks of wood INSIDE HIM. Bulbasaur
is the Pokemon Abner Louima.

And look at the BK promotion. Who gets gold cards? Togepi and
Poliwhirl? Over Bulbasaur? And what does he get as a toy. A stinkin'
launcher, no better than Slopoke for God's sake.

If he were a few shades lighter, Bulbasaur would be The Rock of the
Pokemon world. But no. THE MAN has to keep him down. And THAT'S why
you'll never see a "Talking Bulbasaur". Because THE MAN is afraid of
what Bulbasaur has to say."

Bryan "Bulbasaur X" Lambert

The Real Meanie Babe

Nov 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/26/99
On Fri, 26 Nov 1999 19:25:30 GMT, bryn...@minn.net (Bryan Lambert)
wrote:

^*^On Fri, 26 Nov 1999 14:11:53 GMT, don'tspam...@cloud9.net (The Real
^*^Meanie Babe) wrote:
^*^
^*^>
^*^>It's strange - in the US, they make all this Squirtle/Charmander/Pika
^*^>stuff and neglect the REAL star, the real starter that all the kids
^*^>are raving about, Bulbasaur! There are sooo many thing where he is
^*^>missing - the little silver colored jewelry (so I have Meowth
^*^>earrings), those C-Watches, the banks, ornaments... Always the last to
^*^>show up, B'Saur the mighty.
^*^
^*^I actually have a theory on this. It is, of course, completely made up
^*^and not real at all, but it was in response to a question on another
^*^ng about whether there would be a Bulbasaur equivalent to the I Choose
^*^You Pikachu:

*snip*
hahahahahah!
And to think, we have just been calling him the jobber of Ash's team.
Who KNEW it was the man holding him back?

by the way, aren't the Hasbro B'saur evolutions three packs out now? I
already have them all from Japan, but I'd still kind of like to have
the US version.

pixie