Wal-Mart...what a heckuva store...

RDM1976

Jul 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/14/99
I gotta say, I find it amazing that around here Wal-Mart is the best place to
find the toys I'm after. In the past three days I've found all the new episode
1 figures except for Yoda at Wal-Mart. I'm still searching for him. And today
I saw a few transmetal Spittor and Stinkbomb Beast Wars figures. Dragon
Megatron is pictured on the back of them. I think I may go back for a Spittor.
Nice looking toy.

Michael Theroff

Jul 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/14/99
I know. Wal-Mart is a great place to get toys, I must admit; but I hate
shopping there, because they're so evil. It's places like WM that keeps
wages low and promotes union-busting legislation. Go to
http://www.walmartsucks.com for the whole story, if you're interested.
I might save 15 cents on a SW figure, but someone's getting screwed out
of dental benefits to make that possible.

Michael Theroff

Jul 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/14/99
Well, it depends on the store, really. I live in a decent-sized college
town in MO, and we have three WM stores. The old one is fairly big, but
I never go there. The new one is a Super WM, w/ tons of stuff; however,
it's stocked like a clusterfuck, so good luck finding anything. The
other one's out by my place...there's not much, since it's small (no
McToys [only BTAS, wrasslin', and SW]); yet, it's easy to pick up "hard
to find" SW stuff, because it's off the beaten path. As much as I hate
the bastards, WM's frickin' HUGE here, because the HQ's just down in
Arkansas. I guess I'm in the WM epicenter, so to speak. And I'm not
happy about it (see my previous post).

WackyDeath

Jul 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/15/99
>I know. Wal-Mart is a great place to get toys

Really? Where are you guys at? I used to live in Pittsburgh and the two
Wal-Marts in the Metro-Pitt area sucked. Had nothing on the pegs. (One
exception is that the Wal-Mart Exclusive Manga Goddess was there in hordes.
Looked like they couldn't GIVE them away if they tried.)

Now I'm back in Michigan and Wal-Mart still sucks just like in Pittsburgh, but
no Exclusive Manga Goddess. I can't be THAT out of sync with their re-stock
times can I? ;)

ZJWL06A

Jul 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/15/99
Ok so I was not planning on a RANT but since it is sooo fresh in my mind I
could NOT resist after seeing the title of this post.
I don't collect SLU figures but a good friend of mine in another state (heavily
scalped area) is looking for a Randy Moss. I have been checking every nite AND
morning to find one for him. Sunday nite I go to WM number 1(at 11pm) and see
an open SLU box ..picked over. OK no prob there is another 5 miles down the
road that closes at midnight...I get there and the lady stocking is using a
shopping cart to move boxes to the aisles and stock. I notice a SLU box at the
bottom of her cart. I figure I will ask ...I get a VERY RUDE ..."well IF i put
them out before you close you can see them. I politely say OK...I wait 20
minutes ..(it is now 5 minutes til close) She then yells "hey you"..."there is
no tag for these on the peg so I cannot put them out....guess you are outa
luck". I was a bit peeved by this but figure..ok i will come back at 6am to
get them (YES this is a VERY good friend of mine) I get there at 6am and
...Nothing! It has been 3 days and not a single figure from the box has hit
the shelf. THEN...TONIGHT I go to WM #3 and see an employee opening a box off
of the palate for a "customer" who removes the one figure I want. The
"customer" then KISSES the employee and says "thanks hun I am gonna post this
and then go to bed...see ya in the morning"

AGGGGGHHHHHHHH !!!

I am sooo glad I do not collect SLU for myself ...and after this little taste I
know I NEVER ever will. This is by far worse than any other figure I have
tried to get for myself....and i am a trek collector that lived through the
1701, 10K and exclusive releases. WALMART sucks...no standard from store to
store!!!
Yes I am bitter but ...why not take it out on Wal-Mart for the actions of a few
employee's?? Guess they got to pay for those Dental benefits somehow.
ZJ

RDM1976

Jul 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/15/99
ok, looks like not everyone likes Wal-Mart. The reason I like it though, is
because the three that i live near are pretty good about keeping the toy
section in order and stocking. I've only been able to find the new episode 1
figures at Wal-Marts. Because of them, all i'm missing is Yoda. I also enjoy
Beast Wars. These are my main two toy lines of interest and Wal-Mart keeps
them stocked. I have no idea how well they keep Star Trek or wrestling toys
stocked since I don't get those. So, I guess it just depends on what you're
after.

Derek 3:16 (Rip Owen James Hart)

Jul 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/15/99
I have a similar story, but with Wrestling Figures in place of Starting
Lineups

I was at the Wal-Mart in Seabrook, Nh, at 10:45pm (They close at 11:00)
and the "Ever Dependable Toy People" (I am lucky to find someone in the
toy department) were stocking up some toys....I notice a HUGE MASTER
Case that says DTA Tour 2....I say "FUCKIN BINGO....BLUE BLAZER BABY"
(Seeing Blue Blazer is only the rarest Wrestling Figure in HISTORY) I
walk up to him and ask "Hey, Can I just peer into this case (Pointing to
DTA 2 Case) and grab one figure quickly" and he says back "Listen, I am
putting these out for tommorow morning...come back at 7:00am....pick up
your person then"....So I left.....Knowing a JAKKS Pacific Master Case
has about 25 Complete Sets.....so 25 Blue Blazers, not a problem.....I
walking out with ALL The Blue Blazers....I was fuckin pissed....So I run
to the toys as fast as I could.....when I get there....there is a little
kid picking up the last Blue Blazer....so I ask "Excuse me, are you
planning to buy this figure....I really need it", and he says in the
cutest voice "Yeah......Blue Blazer is my Superhero.....I have a
Superhero".....Rather than punch the kid and grab the figure, I let him
have it and walk away.......but.....the important thing is....GO TO A
WAL-MART THAT IS NOWHERE NEAR A COMIC STORE.......

NightWolf 3:16

Jul 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/15/99
Your lucky. My Walmart and another one near me sux for action figures.
They're ok for Star Wars ones but I collect other ones like Jakks WWF
and McFarlane Toys.

Harvey Lee

Jul 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/16/99
"Derek 3:16 (Rip Owen James Hart)" wrote:

> walking out with ALL The Blue Blazers....I was fuckin pissed....So I run
> to the toys as fast as I could.....when I get there....there is a little
> kid picking up the last Blue Blazer....so I ask "Excuse me, are you
> planning to buy this figure....I really need it", and he says in the
> cutest voice "Yeah......Blue Blazer is my Superhero.....I have a
> Superhero".....Rather than punch the kid and grab the figure, I let him
> have it and walk away.......but.....the important thing is....GO TO A
> WAL-MART THAT IS NOWHERE NEAR A COMIC STORE.......

Should of punched out the Collectable Shop manager instead.
--
When I was 16 years old, I was "mature for my age".
Now that I'm 29, I look back and I can say "I was just anal".

ElDavo

Jul 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/16/99
That would be assault, could get you arrested and/or banned from that
Wal-Mart.
Now if you accidentally tripped him and the stack hit the pavement that's
another
story altogether
ElDavo

--
My want and trade lists are available at my very bad web
page. http://www2.netcom.com/~eldavo/home.html
Harvey Lee <Harv...@unforgettable.com> wrote in message

Harvey Lee

Jul 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/16/99
ElDavo wrote:

> That would be assault, could get you arrested and/or banned from that
> Wal-Mart.
> Now if you accidentally tripped him and the stack hit the pavement that's
> another
> story altogether

Yeah, those floors can get real slippery.

I watch NYPD Blue. :)

MickMaivia

Jul 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/16/99
(Note:I am DDB_10...@webtv.net / Derek 3:16)

Yeah.....I should have punched the guy out....so here is my continued
story....I walk into the collectable store....he was selling them for 50.00
each!!!! what the fuck is this....a 4.96 toy.....fuck you bastard.....on the
getting kicked out part....I have been kicked out of 5 Wal-Marts before....so a
6th would be a record :0).....I WANT MY BLAZER

Owl Chatter

Jul 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/17/99
I agree with this guy. The walmarts here in Pittsburgh SUCK! I find more
things at Kmart before Wally World and I dont have to deal with gun totting
grannies either.

LICIN

Jul 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/17/99
Guys,
Does anyone ever go to the store Manager and tell him/her that there is a
product in the store and one of his lil ol dept. managers/ associates is
refusing to sell it?
Try that, then if you get indifference suggest they give you the name and
number to the zone/district manager. Then mention I am sure someone in
Bentonville would probably love to hear that so and so is turning away a
customer with cash in hand. See if going to the "boss's" boss routine gets
results.
Cheers,
Max Bryant

ISHAVIT

Jul 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/25/99
Have you ever worked for Wal-Mart? You might want to try it before you bash it.
I work for them
and I have had worse jobs. Yes, I am in a professional divison of the store,
but I have seen
people stocking shelves for 12.00 to 13.00
dollars a hour here in N.Y. Not a bad wage!
They have apps at the front counter.
SEE YAAAA.><HTML><PRE>Subject: Re: Wal-Mart...what a heckuva store...
>From: MSTh...@webtv.net (Michael Theroff)
>Date: Wed, 14 July 1999 03:52 PM EDT

WackyDeath

Jul 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/25/99
Not too bad a wage for just stocking shelves, but what part of New York are you
in? Cost of living can be pretty high in New York.

Michael Theroff

Jul 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/25/99
Here in MO, you can find butchers @ supercenters making $7 +/- an hour.
It strikes me as somehow immoral to pay someone so poorly, when his
contemporaries @ other chains are making twice that. The pay
discrepancy does manifest itself in the quality of their work, however;
and that just stands to reason--the store might be gettng what they pay
for, either by getting employees that just aren't very good or the
workers feel no incentive to really push themselves. Either way, it's a
sad deal.

This has gotta be my last rant against WM, as I want to focus on action
figures here.