Jakks actually put out something good!

Daniel P Wakerhauser

Nov 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/19/98
I went to TRU yesterday to exchange the Horrid with broken wing I bought
Monday. Unfortunately they didn't have another and had to settle for a
Ogre with mace or Skull Queen; Ogre won. But betteer yet, right to the
Dark Ages were new (I think) Grapple Gear packs. There are three
different sets: coffin match, commentator central, and back alley.
These things are great! I used to get a kid out of the weapons that
Jakks included with there figures but these are even better, even at the
$9.99 price tag.

Commentator Central: This set comes with two folding chairs (same ones
that come with some figures I think) two TV's and a break apart table.
I like the idea of the table and chairs to break over your favorite
figure even if I don't have any interest in wrestling figures;
unfortunately I hate the coloring of these. The chairs are red and blue
with no shading colors to off set them. Perhapse they actually look
like this on the shows but they just look cartoonish to me. The same
goes for the table but the TV's looked ok from what little attention I
paid to them. Overall not a bad set if you want the items included.

Coffin Match set: This set includes a coffin with removeble lid (not
hinged that I could tell), a shovel and two tombstones. I couldn't tell
if there was anything else behind the card banner. The coffin looked
really good, with a well sculpted interior done in purple. The one
thing that I kept thinking after having seen this on the way home was
that it could be a great extra for the EP Dracula figure if he is the
same scale as WWF figures. (Though I think Dracula usually had a red
interior to his coffin.)

Back Alley: My favorite of the three set, this one came with a trash
can, a toilet, and a dumpster. All that I can say is that this set is
great, almost enough to put the Crash Bandicoot crates to shame. The
trash can is supposed to be a steel can although it is made of rubber.
It also has a hard plastic lid that fits it quite well. And unlike the
table set, the can has a great black paint job that makes it look both
dirty and worn. The toilet is great too. (Hey Gareee, didn't you just
buy a Casper figure just to get a toilet? Well this one's better.)
What better thing to display all of those figures with constipated
facial sculpts? The sculpting is terrific, highly detailed with a lot
of cracks and chips in all of that porcelain. Whats even better is that
the seat and cover work! (Now all even plastic men can annoy women by
leaving the seat up. : ) And the paint job is even better. This is a
toilet so dirty that even a sewer dwelling turtle would be ashamed of
it. It almost looks like some 12" figure with diarea tried to use it
and couldn't get it all into the bowl. Finally there is the dumpster.
Someone mentioned how cool it was that the Daily Bugle came with an
opening dumpster. FORGET IT! This one is twenty times better and more
to scale with the larger figures being produced today. It is huge; I
have all five of the Mystic Knights standing in it now. The two top
lids work and it is on four working, turning casters! (If these ever
hit clearance, all of those X Files tables could be on working wheels.)
Again the paint detail on this is great, with a wonderful mixture of
filth and vandilism. (Much like this group at times ... well Rot at
least.) My only complaint would be the use of green on the lids. I
guess it is supposed to be paint smears or spray paint but it looks mor
like algae. Oh well, algae or no these are still some of the best items
I've seen in a while, even if they are made by Jakks.

Dan, and to think, when I saw the package of sandbags that they sell at
KB now for $7.99 I wondered who would be willing to pay that much for
accessories.

TAFKATroma

Nov 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/19/98
The breakaway table is definatly going into my collection, considering how much
fun I had with the Karate Kid Attack Alley playset I used to have as a kid, and
how fun it will be Pillman-izing Sable's legs and then throwing her through a
table. I don't understand why they call it the back Alley set when it is
supposed to be like the WM14 Dumpster match, or why they gave it a toilet when
a bunch of poles or baseball bats or something would have been cooler, but none
of the Jakks figures can hold anything anyway.

New championship 4 pack out yet? Pixie's gonna be pissed, all the figures look
good, well, all but Randy Quaid as Road Dogg.
The Artist Formerly Known As Troma Fan-
"Don't bitch about workrate unless you are a worker"-personal wrestling
philosophy
GANGREL 3:16-"I just bit your ass!"

Remove SPAMSUX to reply.

Joan Pixie

Nov 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/20/98
On 19 Nov 1998 23:45:55 GMT, tafka...@aol.comSPAMSUX (TAFKATroma)
wrote:

>The breakaway table is definatly going into my collection, considering how much
>fun I had with the Karate Kid Attack Alley playset I used to have as a kid, and
>how fun it will be Pillman-izing Sable's legs and then throwing her through a
>table. I don't understand why they call it the back Alley set when it is
>supposed to be like the WM14 Dumpster match, or why they gave it a toilet when
>a bunch of poles or baseball bats or something would have been cooler, but none
>of the Jakks figures can hold anything anyway.

As far as I know, and I may have missed this somewhere, a toilet has
never been used in a wwf match. If I'm wrong, well... then I am glad
to not know.

>New championship 4 pack out yet? Pixie's gonna be pissed, all the figures look
>good, well, all but Randy Quaid as Road Dogg.

you see, it's the world's vendetta against me.

though, i suppose Randy Quaid is better than Tackleberry from Police
Academy... at least Quaid kicked ass in "freaked".

pixie, "wakey wakey, eggs and bakey"

"we're going down in a bit of a decadent spiral, aren't we?"

~~~* http://www.angelfire.com/ri/fangeek *~~~

LoneWol135

Nov 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/20/98

Last New year's,they had Austin kick the crap out of Goldust dressing up
as baby New Year.He beat on him,then threw him into a porta pottie.That's where
the toilet come's in.(probably wish you didn't ask huh ;).Also,relive when
Austin dunked Pillman's head in one.What;s with Austin and toilet's?

TAFKATroma

Nov 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/20/98

Butt fetish! Butt fetish!

Elf Of Doom

Nov 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/20/98
Joan Pixie wrote:

> As far as I know, and I may have missed this somewhere, a toilet has
> never been used in a wwf match. If I'm wrong, well... then I am glad
> to not know.

Apparently you missed the relatively short career of Bruce "Bladder
Control Problem" Bushnell, whose physical condition necessitated the
presence of a toilet in the ring whenever he wrestled.

Back in the early 1950s, there was a wrestler who actually dressed up as
a toilet. He retired after one too many "flushed with success" remarks.

EOD

Joan Pixie

Nov 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/20/98
On 20 Nov 1998 00:22:15 GMT, lonew...@aol.com (LoneWol135) wrote:

> Last New year's,they had Austin kick the crap out of Goldust dressing up
>as baby New Year.He beat on him,then threw him into a porta pottie.That's where
>the toilet come's in.(probably wish you didn't ask huh ;).Also,relive when
>Austin dunked Pillman's head in one.What;s with Austin and toilet's?

do you really want the answer to that?

And, honestly, I'd rather have a New Years Baby Goldust figure than a
toilet, but that, again, might just be me.

pixie, always liked the idea of a drag queen wrestler

bChen

Nov 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/20/98
Joan Pixie wrote in
+AD4-And, honestly, I'd rather have a New Years Baby Goldust figure than a
+AD4-toilet, but that, again, might just be me.

with all the 4 packs they have coming out right now they really missed the
boat on Golddust. Gawd, we could've had Marilyn Dust, New Years Baby Dust,
Dusty Dust, Flair Dust, Shaft Dust and my fav, S +ACY- M Dust ( green neon body
suit w/leather underwear ) +ACEAIQAh-

bChen

--
Check out what's been showing up around Nashville
http://home.att.net/+AH4-pianostore/actionfigs.htm