Grigor Dimitrov: "[Nadal] is my idol."

a lil mo killin

Aug 24, 2009, 3:37:14 PM8/24/09
Translated from Bulgarian site: http://tenniskafe.com/index.php/world/europe/1212-2009-08-17-07-52-43

You are the junior champion of Wimbledon and US Open. That's a big
success..What would you like to say ?
Grigor Dimitrov: I'm really happy to won those big tournaments. I was
ready and i was the big favorite of many people. I didn't dissapoint
them , i did beat everyone on my way and i won the trophy. That helped
me to become famous.

You played against Nadal in Rotterdam and you won a set. Was a
surprise for you ?
Grigor Dimitrov: Nadal is one of the best players in the world.
Sharing the same court with him was one of the best memories of my
life. I was fired up for that match but you can still call that a
surprise. He is my idol. I want to play like him in the future.

Who was better at 18 ? Federer or Dimitrov ?
Peter Lundgren: It's hard to compare. Tennis quality was different
when Federer was 18. But to be honest Federer found his way in future
years. 18 years old Dimitrov is better than 18 years old Federer. He
is already successful. He will be better in future years. That's for
sure.

You also worked with Rios and Baghdatis. Why did you prefer working
with Dimitrov ?
Peter Lundgren: I was working in one of the best academies in Paris
and i was looking for young talents. Then Dimitrov came up. I accepted
to be his coach just because i believed that he was gonna be a great
player. We're working together since February , since then he impoved
alot. If he keeps the hard work it won't be hard to guess that he will
become a great player.

Who is better ? Rafa or Federer ?
Peter Lundgren: They have different abilities. Nadal is the best
player on clay. I would like to say that Federer is better than him on
other courts.

Sakari Lund

Aug 24, 2009, 4:12:20 PM8/24/09
On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 12:37:14 -0700 (PDT), a lil mo killin
<apour...@ucla.edu> wrote:

>Translated from Bulgarian site: http://tenniskafe.com/index.php/world/europe/1212-2009-08-17-07-52-43
>
>You are the junior champion of Wimbledon and US Open. That's a big
>success..What would you like to say ?

Interesting question, or interesting translation :-)

Vrai Cinico

Aug 24, 2009, 4:17:30 PM8/24/09

I worried a little when I read that he wants to play like Nadal in the
future.

Maybe the entire tour is worried. A Federer-like talent playing with
Nadal-like tenacity! ;)

--
Cheers,

vc

adam thirnis

Aug 24, 2009, 4:30:17 PM8/24/09

"nadal is my idol, no?" ;-)

Habib

Aug 24, 2009, 4:34:32 PM8/24/09

Maybe he meant 'left-handed,' and is currently working on his
ambidexterity.

TT

Aug 24, 2009, 4:41:48 PM8/24/09

No, Cuntsie. You hate Nadal.

--
"If I was 7-13 against Andre it would be hard to say I was the best of
my generation"

adam thirnis

Aug 24, 2009, 4:44:46 PM8/24/09

maybe he wants rafa-like knees

Stapler

Aug 24, 2009, 11:08:14 PM8/24/09
"adam thirnis" <adam.t...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>>maybe he wants rafa-like knees<<<<

The last time I saw Dimitrov he had both knees taped at 18yo......

adam thirnis

Aug 25, 2009, 3:08:14 AM8/25/09
On Aug 25, 4:08 am, "Stapler" <d...@d.com> wrote:
> "adam thirnis" <adam.thir...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> The last time I saw Dimitrov he had both knees taped at 18yo......

he's on the right path then

Whisper

Aug 26, 2009, 8:17:16 AM8/26/09
a lil mo killin wrote:

> Who is better ? Rafa or Federer ?
> Peter Lundgren: They have different abilities. Nadal is the best
> player on clay. I would like to say that Federer is better than him on
> other courts.

So would Haze/Vari. Heck they actually do say it.

Superdave

Aug 26, 2009, 8:26:13 AM8/26/09
On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 22:17:16 +1000, Whisper <beav...@ozemail.com.au>
wrote:

And, they both speak the TRUTH.

Tanking a set

Aug 26, 2009, 3:35:34 PM8/26/09
On 24 ago, 22:08, "Stapler" <d...@d.com> wrote:
> "adam thirnis" <adam.thir...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> The last time I saw Dimitrov he had both knees taped at 18yo......

ouch...

undecided

Aug 26, 2009, 4:28:34 PM8/26/09
> maybe he wants rafa-like knees- Hide quoted text -

I would take those knees if the prize is Rafa's achievements. Even if
he doesn't win anything else, Rafa is going into the history books and
his bank account is way fatter than any of ours ( I am assuming ).