Mission Impossible - Ghost Protocol

soccerfan777

Jan 7, 2012, 1:27:44 AM1/7/12
Just saw this movie... Not bad, not good either.... do not believe the
hype... it is not the best MI movie... And the heroine in the movie
cannot act if her life depended on it.

I don't understand the glowing reviews. Have the critics gone mad?

Gracchus

Jan 7, 2012, 2:40:05 AM1/7/12
If you go to see any Tom Cruise movie, you deserve what you get.

Iceberg

Jan 7, 2012, 5:32:06 AM1/7/12
it was a great film, saw it the other day, really enjoyed it. Good
story, adventure and action, very much liked the tallest building bit.
hey Raja, bet you loved the Indian scene, do see yourself as 'Anil
Kapoor' saying to your wife 'would you like to see my art collection'?
haha

SliceAndDice

Jan 7, 2012, 6:09:47 AM1/7/12
The worst part of the movie was, unfortunately, watching Anil Kapoor
make an ass of himself. Enjoyable otherwise. Why have you Anil Kapoor
within quotes, though? Do you doubt his name?

TT

Jan 7, 2012, 7:17:42 AM1/7/12
Critics have lost it long time ago. They used to write glowing reviews
of boring art films...now they write glowing reviews of mindless cgi
action garbage, such as Dark Knight.

soccerfan777

Jan 7, 2012, 11:38:46 AM1/7/12
Dark night was much better. How come most of the big budget movies are
absolute crap these days

soccerfan777

Jan 7, 2012, 11:37:41 AM1/7/12
Anil Kapoor really humiliated the Indians

wastingtime

Jan 7, 2012, 11:48:24 AM1/7/12
On Jan 7, 6:17 am, TT <as...@usenet.org> wrote:
This goddamn movie has 92% on rottentomatoes... guess that site can't
be trusted either... any websites which has some reliable reviews?

VJ

Jan 7, 2012, 12:27:37 PM1/7/12
IMDB.com

Movies with 8+ ratings are typically good. I have rarely been
disappointed.

SliceAndDice

Jan 7, 2012, 12:48:53 PM1/7/12
Why did you not like The Dark Knight? I thought it was a terrific
movie.

wastingtime

Jan 7, 2012, 1:03:06 PM1/7/12
> disappointed.- Hide quoted text -

Vijay, IMDB is quite reliable. But only for old movies. The new movies
will have a fabulous rating for about 5 years until they drop off in
the rankings... so for new movies most 2005 or so, they are not that
reliable...

wastingtime

Jan 7, 2012, 1:09:03 PM1/7/12
Heath Ledger was good. But most of the things were over the top...
come on... the Djoker killing someone with a pencil... ridiculous...

Gracchus

Jan 7, 2012, 1:58:00 PM1/7/12
On Jan 7, 10:09 am, wastingtime <zepflo...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Heath Ledger was good. But most of the things were over the top...
> come on... the Djoker killing someone with a pencil... ridiculous...

That's the "Joker." Only tennis has a "Djoker." :)

After Heath Ledger died, it immediately became sacrilege to suggest
that his portrayal of the Joker wasn't one of the best performances in
the history of cinema. Ledger did a decent enough job, but he and the
movie were both overrated. I thought it was sprawling and longer than
it needed to be.

Court_1

Jan 7, 2012, 1:59:23 PM1/7/12
Totally agree. Ledger's performance was overrated for sure as was the
movie.

Gracchus

Jan 7, 2012, 2:00:50 PM1/7/12
On Jan 7, 10:03 am, wastingtime <zepflo...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Vijay, IMDB is quite reliable. But only for old movies. The new movies
> will have a fabulous rating for about 5 years until they drop off in
> the rankings... so for new movies most 2005 or so, they are not that
> reliable...

The trouble with the IMDB is that ratings are extreme at one end of
the scale or the other. No matter what the movie is, some people will
say it's the best ever made and others will call it garbage. There are
very few balanced viewer reviews.

Shakes

Jan 7, 2012, 1:56:43 PM1/7/12
How did they rate Iron Man (1st part) at the time ? I thought it was a
pretty good movie. The 2nd part was so-so.

wastingtime

Jan 7, 2012, 2:40:30 PM1/7/12
I didnt like it. It was okay. I dont any of the recent Downey
movies... Tropic THunder was pretty good. Sherlock Holmes - 1st part
was horrible.
I didnt dare to watch Iron Man 2 and Sherlock Holmes 2

Patrick Kehoe

Jan 7, 2012, 4:11:43 PM1/7/12
> I didnt dare to watch Iron Man 2 and Sherlock Holmes 2- Hide quoted text -

Sherlock Holmes 1/2 are very good...

Iceberg

Jan 7, 2012, 5:09:52 PM1/7/12
I base all my movie ratings on what Giovanna says, as she her Twlight/
Lost reviews top anything on imdb.

Iceberg

Jan 7, 2012, 5:13:21 PM1/7/12
crap like Tropic Thunder shouldn't be allowed in the same thread as
any Sherlock Holmes movie.

Iceberg

Jan 7, 2012, 5:11:51 PM1/7/12
it was only overrated because Batman Begins was so hugely underrated.

Gracchus

Jan 7, 2012, 6:20:27 PM1/7/12
On Jan 7, 2:11 pm, Iceberg <iceberg.ru...@gmail.com> wrote:

> it was only overrated because Batman Begins was so hugely underrated.

I prefer "Batman Begins" to "Dark Knight," but even people who didn't
see the first movie tend to overrate the second. I attribute it mostly
to pre-release hype over Ledger's performance which exploded after his
premature death.

grif

Jan 7, 2012, 6:54:07 PM1/7/12

"Patrick Kehoe" <pke...@telus.net> wrote in message
The new modernised BBC series with Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman
is better:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1475582/

Superdave

Jan 7, 2012, 7:40:05 PM1/7/12
The only sure way to tell is to ask our very own batman whisper how
many copies he has of each.

Superdave

Jan 7, 2012, 7:42:15 PM1/7/12
On Sat, 7 Jan 2012 23:54:07 -0000, "grif" <griff...@hotmail.com>
wrote:
holmes for me will always be basil rathbone. if its not basil, it's
not sherlock.

Thomas R. Kettler

Jan 7, 2012, 8:22:18 PM1/7/12
In article <khphg7t3o8qol6ftf...@4ax.com>,
Have you seen Jeremy Brett as Sherlock Holmes in the BBC series of the
80's?

<http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0107950/>

For an entirely different view of Sherlock Holmes, have people seen the
animated "Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century"?

<http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0218791/>
--
Remove blown from email address to reply.

Ted S.

Jan 7, 2012, 9:19:26 PM1/7/12
On Sat, 7 Jan 2012 13:11:43 -0800 (PST), Patrick Kehoe wrote:

> Sherlock Holmes 1/2 are very good...

Considering that Basil Rathbone as Holmes goes back to 1939 (and there
were quite a few Holmes movies before that), I find calling the current
films "Sherlock Holmes 1 & 2" to be a bit odd. :-)

--
Ted Schuerzinger
tedstennis at myrealbox dot com

Superdave

Jan 8, 2012, 12:42:57 AM1/8/12
I absolutely HATE animation of ANYTHING !

However, I will download and watch a few episodes of the new
modernised BBC series and the 80's one to see if I can tolerate
them or not.

grif

Jan 8, 2012, 2:42:53 AM1/8/12

"Superdave" <fedn...@gmail.com> wrote in message
Yeah, try the modern update of Holmes with Benedict and Martin. I was
sceptical of the idea at first, but I really like the series now. Benedict
is extremely good. It's very well done and a lot of fun. Here's a snippet
from the "Scandal in Belgravia" episode aired last week.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhXgs5z45gk

Superdave

Jan 8, 2012, 3:02:05 AM1/8/12
On Sun, 8 Jan 2012 07:42:53 -0000, "grif" <griff...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>>>Have you seen Jeremy Brett as Sherlock Holmes in the BBC series of the
>>>80's?
>>>
>>><http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0107950/>
>>>
>>>For an entirely different view of Sherlock Holmes, have people seen the
>>>animated "Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century"?
>>>
>>><http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0218791/>
>>

>> I absolutely HATE animation of ANYTHING !
>>
>> However, I will download and watch a few episodes of the new
>> modernised BBC series and the 80's one to see if I can tolerate
>> them or not.
>
>Yeah, try the modern update of Holmes with Benedict and Martin. I was
>sceptical of the idea at first, but I really like the series now. Benedict
>is extremely good. It's very well done and a lot of fun. Here's a snippet
>from the "Scandal in Belgravia" episode aired last week.
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhXgs5z45gk

Ok I have got all 7 episodes already.

3 from season 1
3 from season 2
1 unaired pilot episode

?????????????????????????????????????????????????
?? ????????????????????????????? ??
???? ??????????????????????? ????
?????? ????????????????? ??????
????????? ??????????? ?????????
???????????? ????? ????????????
??????????????? ???????????????
??????????????????????CLAN???????????????????????
?????????????????????????????????????????????????
?? ??? ??? ?? ? ?? ?? ? ?
?? ??? ?? ?? ? ??? ? ??? ?? ?? ????
?? ?? ?? ? ?????? ??????? ??? ?
?? ??? ?? ? ?? ? ?? ?? ?????? ?
?? ??? ?? ?? ? ??? ? ??? ?? ?? ? ?
? ? ? ?? ? ? ? ?? ?
?????????????????????????????????????????????????
??????????????? ???????????????
???????????? ????? ????????????
????????? ????????? ?????????
?????? ??????????????? ??????
???? ????????????????????? ????
?? ??????????????????????????? ??
?????????????????????PRESENTS????????????????????
?Sherlock.S01E00.UNAIRED.PILOT.DVDRip.XviD-HAGGiS?
?????????????????????????????????????????????????

[Tech]

Retail date : 2010-08-30
Release date : 2010-08-27
Genre : Drama
Airyear : 2010
Video : 624x352 25fps XviD ~1000kbit
Audio : MP3 128kBit/s, English
Length : ~55mins
Size : 550MB

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1678749/

[Spraff]

John Watson (Martin Freeman), army doctor,
invalided home from Afghanistan, alone and friendless ...

Sherlock Holmes (Benedict Cumberbatch), the most
brilliant intellect of his generation, alone
and friendless ...

London 2010 - the best and longest friendship
in all of fiction is about to begin anew. The
most famous detective, the most baffling mysteries,
the most thrilling adventures and the deadliest foes,
are coming in out of the fog. Sherlock Holmes was
always a modern man - it was the world that got old.
Now he's back as he should be - edgy, contemporary,
difficult, dangerous.

Inspector Lestrade (Rpert Graves) is the best
Scotland Yard has got, but he knows he's not as good
as a strange young man called Sherlock ...

The world's favourite detective has come out of the fog.

[NOTES]

Sherlock was announced as a single 60-minute drama production
at the Edinburgh International Television Festival in August 2008,
to be broadcast in Autumn 2009, with the intention of producing a
full series should the pilot be successful. The BBC decided not
to transmit the pilot, as is common industry practice, but
commissioned three 90-minute episodes. On 10 August 2010,
it was confirmed that Sherlock has been renewed for a second series.

This is the 60 minute pilot

[Clan]

Lookin fae: 100mbit+ eu affils, uk [ph]dtv cappers, retail/preretail
dvd suppliers
Shout oot's go tae: - yer ma
- Judge D-i for pointing out this ep was on
the DVD

?????????????????????????????????????????????????
?? ????????????????????????????? ??
???? ??????????????????????? ????
?????? ????????????????? ??????
????????? ??????????? ?????????
???????????? ??? ????????????
??????????????? ???????????????
????????????????? ?????????????????
??????????????? ???????????????
???????????? ??? ????????????
????????? ????????? ?????????
?????? ??????????????? ??????
???? ????????????????????? ????
?? ??????????????????????????? ??
?????????????????????????????????????????????????

'MON THE HAGGiS

Superdave

Jan 8, 2012, 3:10:03 AM1/8/12

sorry. so as to not be misleading. i have not downloaded s02E02 and
s02e03 yet because they have not aired.

i actually have only 5 episodes in hand at the moment.

On Sun, 08 Jan 2012 16:02:05 +0800, Superdave <fedn...@gmail.com>

grif

Jan 8, 2012, 3:11:43 AM1/8/12

"Superdave" <fedn...@gmail.com> wrote in message
Hmm, I've not seen the unaired pilot. The 2nd episode of season 2 is gonna
be shown today.

grif

Jan 8, 2012, 3:13:29 AM1/8/12

> sorry. so as to not be misleading. i have not downloaded s02E02 and
> s02e03 yet because they have not aired.
>
> i actually have only 5 episodes in hand at the moment.

Yeah, that's right. Don't watch it all at once! Take your time.

Superdave

Jan 8, 2012, 3:36:52 AM1/8/12
On Sun, 8 Jan 2012 08:13:29 -0000, "grif" <griff...@hotmail.com>
wrote:
I am now downloading all 45 episodes of the 1984 series !

Might as well go for it eh?

http://www.tvrage.com/Sherlock_Holmes_1984/episode_list/all

TT

Jan 8, 2012, 8:35:33 AM1/8/12
Childish stuff taking itself much too seriously... despite Batman
looking ridiculous in his rubbers suit. Poor storytelling and
irritatingly dim lighting.
I'd compare it to new Harry Potters, except Potters had even more
incomprehensible story.

Don't get me wrong...I do like superhero movies and films with violence...

TT

Jan 8, 2012, 8:37:12 AM1/8/12
Iron man 1 was fair entertainment, imo. I do like superhero films a lot.

TT

Jan 8, 2012, 8:39:18 AM1/8/12
I did watch it in entirety when it was shown here in 80's. Since then it
has been rerun numerous times.

I agree, Jeremy Brett is the best SH I've seen...brilliant for the role.

> For an entirely different view of Sherlock Holmes, have people seen the
> animated "Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century"?
>
> <http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0218791/>

Never even heard about it...

TT

Jan 8, 2012, 8:52:02 AM1/8/12
8.1.2012 7:42, Superdave kirjoitti:

> I absolutely HATE animation of ANYTHING !

Animatrix wasn't bad. But it wasn't a direct animation of the story,
rather an extension.

Now if you want to see *real* animation, a somewhat forgotten sci-fi
masterpiece, try Fantastic Planet...it's FANTASTIC!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070544/

It can be found on youtube. I myself found a HD version elsewhere... but
in this type of picture I really don't notice much difference between
low and high resolution...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crc5Ldkv4VU

TT

Jan 8, 2012, 9:01:13 AM1/8/12
8.1.2012 4:19, Ted S. kirjoitti:
> On Sat, 7 Jan 2012 13:11:43 -0800 (PST), Patrick Kehoe wrote:
>
>> Sherlock Holmes 1/2 are very good...
>
> Considering that Basil Rathbone as Holmes goes back to 1939 (and there
> were quite a few Holmes movies before that), I find calling the current
> films "Sherlock Holmes 1& 2" to be a bit odd. :-)

They do that all the time. Just watch how many titles there are named
"Dracula" since 1931-

TT

Jan 8, 2012, 9:16:26 AM1/8/12
8.1.2012 15:52, TT kirjoitti:

> Now if you want to see *real* animation, a somewhat forgotten sci-fi
> masterpiece, try Fantastic Planet...it's FANTASTIC!
> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070544/
>
> It can be found on youtube. I myself found a HD version elsewhere... but
> in this type of picture I really don't notice much difference between
> low and high resolution...
>

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crc5Ldkv4VU

Now seriously, I recommend anyone with any interest in scifi watching
the above. It's pretty damn brilliant...and different.

Giovanna

Jan 8, 2012, 8:02:49 PM1/8/12
i liked it~~ the Dubai tower scene was my fave~~

Iceberg

Jan 9, 2012, 6:34:36 AM1/9/12
On Jan 8, 12:42 am, Superdave <fedna...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 7 Jan 2012 23:54:07 -0000, "grif" <griffin_...@hotmail.com>