Global warming

*skriptis

Dec 4, 2016, 1:30:03 PM12/4/16

Snows in Hawaii. ;)

Meanwhile great pacific garbage patch is of no one's concern.

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

bob

Dec 4, 2016, 7:21:59 PM12/4/16
On Sun, 4 Dec 2016 19:14:23 +0100 (CET), *skriptis
<skri...@post.t-com.hr> wrote:

>Snows in Hawaii. ;)
>
>Meanwhile great pacific garbage patch is of no one's concern.

watched a documentary on the garbage patch last year. disgusting. i
heard some very young kids (like even high school or college age) had
createive solutions for it.

bob

soccerfan777

Dec 4, 2016, 7:29:14 PM12/4/16
And winter hasn't even started yet in Houston. What's your point?

bob

Dec 4, 2016, 7:42:28 PM12/4/16
On Sun, 4 Dec 2016 16:29:13 -0800 (PST), soccerfan777
<zepf...@gmail.com> wrote:

>And winter hasn't even started yet in Houston. What's your point?

my point was about the garbage patch in the pacific, not about global
warming.

bob

RahimAsif

Dec 9, 2016, 4:50:49 PM12/9/16
]I love it when when climate deniers point to an example of snow in one place as proof that the climate didn't change - conveniently ignoring the last year was the hottest year in recorded history, which beat the record set by the previous year, which in turn beat the record set by the year before. They can't understand the difference between "climate" and "weather", and yet feel like they found a smoking gun. As an analogy, just because the man convicted of multiple murders didn't kill a few of his neighbors is not proof of his innocence...

RahimAsif

Dec 9, 2016, 4:51:20 PM12/9/16
What do you think of Trump's pick for the EPA?

*skriptis

Dec 9, 2016, 6:01:02 PM12/9/16
RahimAsif <Rahi...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
You're missing the point.

The point is everything is fluctuating. Even the fact it's getting
warmer overall doesn't mean the temperatures rise everywhere.

So the question we need to ask ourselves why is it a such big deal
in the first place? Is it really that terrible that Helsinki
yearly average temperature won't be 5 but 6 °C? Or if the polar
bears get go have 1 million square kilometers instead of 1.2 or
even 2? Big deal.

You know how much of a natural habitat for wild animals was lost
due to urbanization and farming? But the wolves and brown bears
and foxes still exist. Until they aren't at risk, and polar bears
aren't, they're living happily at the moment, I won't pay
attention.

Humanity has more urgent problems.

Frankly I see a big sign on these global warming guys on their
foreheads. The same sign I see on Hillary types when they talk
about women's rights.
A big capital letter "FRAUD".

They don't care about the environment one zilch. They're just
lobbyists of another more expensive and in some other ways even
more damaging industries.

Then you have these useful idiots like TT, usually from rich
countries where people live under glass and they have this
impulse to make world a better place, at the same time being
totally ignorant about the real problems less fortunate people
have to deal with, or totally ignorant about the reality
actually.

We are tiny rock in space with a super thin layer of atmosphere
under which life is sustained. Do we make an impact. We sure do.

But our whole existence makes a huge impact. What are we supposed
to do? Castrate ourselves? Stop eating animals? Stop heating our
homes? Stop living? Let TT start live like an Eskimo and not heat
his house anymore.
Let's stop eating cows, pigs, as billions of animals are there for
our consumption and they're farting all the time.

Ruin the lives of millions of people, destroy their standard of
living, their attempt to escape poverty, destroy their future and
their lives just to curtail climate change?

To which we are certainly responsible but it is something that
will continue to change regardless of our actions.

Ever heard of ice ages and warm ages? They happened on its own,
because earth is ridiculously small even compared to our Sun, let
alone vastness of our solar system, let alone something else, and
countless factors make an impact.

If we are heating it a bit now it could be a blessing in disguise
if a new ice is actually behind the corner as they say, due to
Sun rotation etc.

But even if the ice age isn't coming, humanity like I said has far
more greater problems that are urgent. Islamic extremism, wars,
globalists, pollution, we have to fight those.

The worst effect of global warning might be sea rise, but that's
far far from ever happening on a substantial scale to affect
anyone bar couple of islanders on atols. But they're living
dangerously anyway, one big tsunami would wipe them all.

They should be smart to relocate themselves anyway.

But realistically sea rise is not an immanent threat, certainly
not due to our actions. As soon as the planet heats a bit, more
ice is melting, big chunks of ice cooling the oceans which in
turn regulate whole earth temperature, temporary restoring the
balance.

In another words, even if we wanted to really heat the planet up,
we would have a hard time doing it.

Really, what's the big deal. First world countries have gone
through industrial phase, some countries like China are about to
exit that phase soon, we're at the pinnacle of heating probably,
modern technologies are going to be better and better, more
energy efficient, the ozone is showing signs of recovery already,
so some warming up is irrelevant at this point, I actually
predict temperature decrease within a couple of decades.

Let's fight pollution, as it was with baning freons (which helped
save ozone), let's fight unhealthy food full of antibiotics and
hormones that cause cancer, let's fight contaminated food,
unsupervised gmo, etc, plastic waste disposal that also breaks up
into little particles and ends up in the sea and in the human
food chain with those particles affecting our hormones and
putting us at risk of cancer as well.

So much to fight against. These global warmists should be face
slapped. Hard.

PeteWasLucky

Dec 9, 2016, 6:16:19 PM12/9/16
*skriptis <skri...@post.t-com.hr> Wrote in message:
Pollution is a disaster, I believe it's connected to global
warming, right?

Also a disaster like Chernobyl resulted in many skriptis children,
which is unfortunate.

RahimAsif

Dec 9, 2016, 6:27:49 PM12/9/16
Your entire analysis is based on your very limited understanding on a subject and runs contrary to the opinion of all experts on climate, aka climate scientists. The overwhelming majority of scientists (more than 97%) think that a rise in temperature of 1 degree is a HUGE deal and has serious repercussions. If the planet goes, nothing else will matter...

TT

Dec 9, 2016, 7:01:42 PM12/9/16
10.12.2016, 0:40, *skriptis kirjoitti:
> So the question we need to ask ourselves why is it a such big deal
> in the first place? Is it really that terrible that Helsinki
> yearly average temperature won't be 5 but 6 °C? Or if the polar
> bears get go have 1 million square kilometers instead of 1.2 or
> even 2? Big deal.

There are all kinds of interconnected effects, it's not only polar bear
habitat, or their prey... it's just an example.

For example in Africa people are dying in hunger because of decreased
crops due to less precipitation. I'd imagine same applies to animals there.

In Australia the great coral reef with its all fauna is disappearing
because of slight change in temperature.

In Florida people experience more extreme weather and infrastructure
damages are costly.

Venice is drowning.

And so forth... I haven't even read on the topic specifically, I bet
there are much more examples and consequences.

TT

Dec 9, 2016, 7:11:23 PM12/9/16
10.12.2016, 1:16, PeteWasLucky kirjoitti:
> Also a disaster like Chernobyl resulted in many skriptis children,
> which is unfortunate.

And TT too.

--
"He did touch my vagina through my underwear. Absolutely"

calim...@gmx.de

Dec 9, 2016, 7:27:58 PM12/9/16
Who would deny climate, dummy?
And the last three years became the "hottest years in recorded history" only after they retroactively lowered the temperatures in most of the 20th century.

People like you simply need a religion. And now the climate change fear mongering cult seems to be the sexy thing of the day ...

Max

Whisper

Dec 10, 2016, 3:05:42 AM12/10/16
Yes it is if he was charged with murdering his neighbors.

Whisper

Dec 10, 2016, 3:15:39 AM12/10/16
On 10/12/2016 9:40 AM, *skriptis wrote:
> RahimAsif <Rahi...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
>> On Sunday, December 4, 2016 at 10:30:03 AM UTC-8, *skriptis wrote:
>>> Snows in Hawaii. ;)
>

> So much to fight against. These global warmists should be face
> slapped. Hard.

I'll offer to slap the rst cohort.

Whisper

Dec 10, 2016, 3:27:04 AM12/10/16
The planet will be gone one day. Humans are completely incapable of
destroying earth. Nature will do it & we have zero chance of stopping it.

1 degree is a big deal. 5 is a bigger deal. 10 bigger again.

We won't be able to stop the natural climate fluctuations, which will be
far more extreme than any human caused changes. If anything, this will
make us more resilient & provide practice for the natural truly extreme
changes coming.

In any change there are winners & losers. A few polar bears die, but
some get to play tennis all yr round as the weather is nicer.

The Iceberg

Dec 10, 2016, 4:50:02 AM12/10/16
these scientists have had to lie about their data, cos man-made global warming is just an emotional liberal idea or one solely for getting grant money. The science simply doesn't hold up. If you were so scared you'd actually look into it and see that CO2 lags 800 years *BEHIND* temperature. Also volcanoes far outweigh CO2 emission than any man or animal. Oceans absorb/produce it too based on temperature. The earth regulates or de-regulates itself, we have very little influence.

The Iceberg

Dec 10, 2016, 4:51:16 AM12/10/16
this is it exactly.

Brian W Lawrence

Dec 10, 2016, 5:06:59 AM12/10/16
On 09/12/2016 23:27, RahimAsif wrote:
> On Friday, December 9, 2016 at 3:01:02 PM UTC-8, *skriptis wrote:

[snipped what was an excellent post]

> Your entire analysis is based on your very limited understanding on a subject and runs contrary to the
>opinion of all experts on climate, aka climate scientists. The
overwhelming majority of scientists
> (morethan 97%) think that a rise in temperature of 1 degree is a HUGE deal
and has serious
> repercussions. If the planet goes, nothing else will matter...

At least you wrote 'the opinion of all experts on climate', but everyone
knows that the opinions of experts usually turn out to
be wrong. You then label them as 'climate scientists', which is I
suppose a reasonable label, but what makes them 'scientists' at all,
let alone if a relatively new discipline? Most of them have studied
for degrees in this field, provided by universities and colleges
which find it easier to obtain funding and employ faculty members
for this 'important' topic. Just how many 'climate scientists' do
we need, and what 'science' are they doing? Clearly there will be a
few who might be doing some original research, but most of them seem
to either gathering dubious historical data or finding ways to model
that data using computer software. Of course they are going to be
in agreement with each other.

You repeat the old adage about 97% of scientists being in agreement,
but how many is 97% in real numbers? How do we know what they think?
How do we know they are 'scientists' at all?

If you are a scientist and you are asked for your opinion on AGW
(anthropogenic global warming - human induced), what are you going to
reply? It would take a brave, or poss. stupid person to go against
the rolling bandwagon. That said there are quite a few who do have
a contrary opinion and do say so, despite the abuse they receive.

bob

Dec 10, 2016, 5:14:46 PM12/10/16
if an asteroid were coming toward earth, and let's say that asteroid
was attracted to cigarette smoke. so if we keep smoking at the current
rate the asteroid will hit earth and destroy it in a year, while if
all the world's smokers stopped cold in the next week, that asteroid
would miss earth by a mile and no harm.

do you think that "humanity" would tolerate cigarette smoke? do you
think that we'd have treaties every 24 yrs to "turn back the smoke" to
"pre 2006" levels?

no - we'd start EACH and EVERY one of us doing what's necessary to
snuff out cigarette smoke pronto.

as for global warming, donald trump didn't create it and donald trump
won't be the culprit who allowed it to continue. all 7 billion of us
are. until we ALL want to stop it, it won't.

bob

calim...@gmx.de

Dec 10, 2016, 6:46:27 PM12/10/16
I'm definitely FOR global warming.

Max

Gracchus

Dec 10, 2016, 8:30:42 PM12/10/16
On Saturday, December 10, 2016 at 3:46:27 PM UTC-8, calim...@gmx.de wrote:

> I'm definitely FOR global warming.

I'm for global warming where you live--in the manner of Dresden 1945.

bob

Dec 10, 2016, 8:45:11 PM12/10/16
i'm not for any man made climate change, if we can help it.

but until everybody agrees it's a problem, and everybody does
something serious about it (and i'm not talking about the lame
measures the world has taken the past 25 yrs, incl obama) the teeny
measures proposed are dumb and way short. either do something legit,
or quit talking about it.

bob

*skriptis

Dec 11, 2016, 8:30:02 AM12/11/16
PeteWasLucky <waleed...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
Chernobyl was great for the environment. You now have the
exclusion zone as authorities thought it would be a dead zone but
with humans gone nature and animals took over and wild life is
flourishing there. It became a sanctuary for wolves, foxes etc.

Sure it may still be bad for humans but that area showed us how
nature is quick to recover itself.

calim...@gmx.de

Dec 13, 2016, 5:42:57 PM12/13/16
And I'm for global warming where you live - in the manner of Hiroshima 1945.

Max

*skriptis

Dec 13, 2016, 6:30:02 PM12/13/16
calim...@gmx.de Wrote in message:
He who first invokes genesis device wins.

bob

Dec 13, 2016, 6:59:59 PM12/13/16
have you watched oliver stone's series "untold history of the usa" on
netflix?

i'm about halfway through, interesting. of course with stone, it's his
point of view to the extreme.

bob

calim...@gmx.de

Dec 14, 2016, 1:40:08 PM12/14/16
After "JFK" I promised myself to never watch another Stone film.

Max

bob

Dec 14, 2016, 4:01:42 PM12/14/16
you'd hate this series - it's very pro soviet, pro communist, anti
american IMO.

but to be fair, i enjoy the alternative opinins in the show and IMO
the truth must be halfway between the US government's version and
stone's.

bob

soccerfan777

Dec 15, 2016, 2:16:34 PM12/15/16
It was a great movie. None of his other movies come close though. That Alexander movie blew.

Gracchus

Dec 15, 2016, 2:22:45 PM12/15/16
On Thursday, December 15, 2016 at 11:16:34 AM UTC-8, soccerfan777 wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 14, 2016 at 12:40:08 PM UTC-6, calim...@gmx.de wrote:

> > After "JFK" I promised myself to never watch another Stone film.

> It was a great movie. None of his other movies come close though. That Alexander movie blew.

I only liked "Platoon."

soccerfan777

Dec 15, 2016, 4:28:36 PM12/15/16
I haven't seen Platoon yet

bob

Dec 15, 2016, 8:33:50 PM12/15/16
snowden wasn't a very good movie either. though i paid to go see it.

bob

The Iceberg

Dec 16, 2016, 10:22:55 AM12/16/16
On Thursday, 15 December 2016 21:28:36 UTC, soccerfan777 wrote:
> I haven't seen Platoon yet

how can you people not have seen Platoon? do you avoid exciting movies? Saw Arrival the other day and almost fell asleep in it.

soccerfan777

Dec 16, 2016, 10:33:33 AM12/16/16
I am not a big movie buff as such.

*skriptis

Dec 16, 2016, 12:01:02 PM12/16/16
bob <b...@nospam.net> Wrote in message:
It's hard to make a movie about nothing.

Gracchus

Dec 16, 2016, 12:17:26 PM12/16/16
But no one else knows more about "Bachelor Party." ;)

calim...@gmx.de

Dec 16, 2016, 7:03:51 PM12/16/16
It was Nazi-style propaganda.
His smearing of Shaw was disgusting.

Max

calim...@gmx.de

Dec 16, 2016, 7:05:23 PM12/16/16
You are a Trumper. No chance in hell you would understand a film like that. Keep on watching Batman.

Max

bob

Dec 17, 2016, 7:51:51 PM12/17/16
stone comes from extreme prejudice. as long as you know that going
in...

bob