Grupy dyskusyjne Google nie obsługują już nowych postów ani subskrypcji z Usenetu. Treści historyczne nadal będą dostępne.

The US Open is a Bad Idea

75 wyświetleń

Jim

nieprzeczytany,
22 mar 2012, 13:30:0522.03.2012
do
In my opinion the US open is a terrible idea during a worlds
year here's a conversation I had with USA ultimate.

Jim Heneghan · University of Limerick
USA Ultimate. by bringing members of the IOC to the US open
you'll be distracting them from Worlds. As a member nation
of WFDF USA Ultimate in theory holds that Worlds is the
premier. by hosting what USA ultimate is touting as their
flag ship tournament (due to the 40k spectators your hoping
to attract your putting more effort into this tournament
than Nationals) you'll be hosting a huge distraction from
worlds, especially as your internet streams will cause a
conflict among both the limited number of crews who stream
ultimate as well as a viewing conflict for the spectators at
home.

Instead of having the leadership of USA U (the flag ship
member of WFDF) in Japan helping promote worlds to a wider
audience and showing a united front to the IOC your
promoting your own domestic event which is claiming to be a
world club event. with all the major non-North American
talent in Sakai you'll be hosting an event that will be seen
as a challenge to the leadership of WFDF in front of the IOC
representatives.
Reply · 7 · Like · March 4 at 4:39pm

USA Ultimate
Jim Heneghan Thanks for the response.

In the latest edition of the Ultimate nation, we admitted
that the conflict with worlds is less than ideal, although
it's important to reiterate that the U.S. Open was
scheduled, and WFDF informed of the dates of the U.S. Open
long before the world championships were confirmed on the
same dates. Any international participants in either the
tournament or the convention are free to make their own
decisions as to which event to attend.

With regards to internet streams, there are dozens of
companies out there that have the resources, ability,
expertise and wherewithal to put together a quality
production. If fact, we've received several bids for the
event to date. As the NGB of Ultimate in the U.S., our
mission speaks to advancing the sport in the United States
and the existence of a major, international tournament and
annual gathering of the community will play a major role in
that mission moving forward.
Reply · Like · March 5 at 2:21pm

USA Ultimate
Geoa Geer Yes, we have had several international teams show
interest in attending for the tournament, and officials from
various organizations worldwide show interest in attending
the convention.

In 2012, the conflict with worlds will likely result in
fewer international teams attending, however the long-term
scope of the event is to serve as a major international
tournament and convention in the U.S., which will ultimately
co-exist with the world championships.
Reply · Like · March 5 at 3:51pm

Jim Heneghan
USA Ultimate, your above post is self contradictory.

Your implying that your mission is to advance ultimate in
the US and that you should your actions be detrimental to
ultimate outside of the US then though it is unfortunate it
is not your problem. However when the US Open was initially
announced it was billed as an event to foster growth of
ultimate outside of the US by providing international teams
the experience of playing against the top notch American
teams.

What your doing now is either asking players to not
participate in worlds, and forgoing the highest honor any
player in our sport can achieve i.e. playing for their
country on the world stage, or to have players go to Worlds
and have clubs who's roster's have been winnowed by national
team selection come to the US open and get beat on by North
American teams. This will make the IOC members present that
though ultimate is a great game the sport only really exists
in the US and Canada and doesn't have an international
player base to justify inclusion in the games.

As to the internet streams the biggest issue is the conflict
that it presents to the viewer. By airing your event at the
same time as worlds your asking audiences to consider your
event more entertaining than that of Worlds implying that an
event held in America for the first time is more important
to watch than the WUGC which has been our sports highest
level since 1983.
Reply · 1 · Like · March 5 at 3:58pm

USA Ultimate
That is not at all what we are implying. Also, we are NOT
asking players to not participate in worlds. USA Ultimate
launched the idea of the U.S. Open Championships and
Convention and communicated our plans and timeline directly
to WFDF months before the world championships were
scheduled. While it's disappointing that world's was
eventually scheduled in direct conflict with the U.S. Open
in 2012, the reality is that in the future there is a place
for multiple major international Ultimate tournaments on the
calendar, like any other sport.

With regards to the live stream, again your assumptions are
way off. We are not asking anyone to consider one event to
be more important than the other. We are simply investing a
tremendous amount of resources to bring high-level Ultimate
to an audience that wants to watch it. The viewer is free to
make their own decision as to what to watch, although the
events don't actually overlap very much. July 7-8 are the
last 2 days of the US Open, and the first two days of a
week-long WUGC. Plus, the timing of games in Japan and the
US should work out to prevent actual overlapping content,
and in essence provide a 10 day period where ultimate fans
can get to watch all kinds of great ultimate online.

By having this event in Colorado Springs, we have a chance
to expose people in the amateur sports business world to the
sport at a very high level, with very little effort on their
part.
--
Posted from http://www.rsdnospam.com

Knappy

nieprzeczytany,
22 mar 2012, 13:45:0322.03.2012
do
I think your argument about the livestream conflict does not
hold up.

The rest of your post(s) makes sense & it is unfortunate
that the inaugural US Open conflicts with worlds. It sounds
like it will a very watered down event, as some top NA teams
are not attending as well.

It sounds like the USAU "informed" the WFDF about the dates,
but they should've consulted/coordinated with them to make
sure there was no conflict. A joint announcement of
non-conflicting dates would have been the smart &
professional move.

Knappy

nieprzeczytany,
22 mar 2012, 13:50:0322.03.2012
do
http://www.usaultimate.org/usopen/competition.aspx

most recent teams & update on US open

Ryan Thompson

nieprzeczytany,
22 mar 2012, 14:10:2722.03.2012
do
Soooo ... 3 teams from Colombia, 1 team from Canada, and 18 teams from
the US so far?

rsdaccount

nieprzeczytany,
22 mar 2012, 15:55:0322.03.2012
do
"Soooo ... 3 teams from Colombia, 1 team from Canada, and 18
teams from the US so far?"

And still just as competitive top to bottom as WUGC in my
opinion, especially in the mixed and women's divisions. It
will be fun to watch, and there will be more international
teams next year when the tournament restricts US teams to
just semifinalists.

Honestly, I'm not sure what this Irish university student is
upset about. USA Ultimate announced the schedule and intent
of the US Open months before WFDF. The US Open is a direct
result of top international teams asking to participate in
the US club series, and the US Open going to happen every
year. It will surpass the WUGC in quality and prestige in a
short amount of time. This looks like a good way to
showcase high quality ultimate and pick up sponsors.

I see there's still one spot remaining in the Men's
division. I hope Ironside takes it but there's still a few
good teams left like Madison and Machine. The other club
teams (Southpaw, GOAT and maybe even Ironside) are probably
gutted from Worlds or the AUDL during the summer.

J Mac

nieprzeczytany,
22 mar 2012, 16:05:0422.03.2012
do
It has zero of the championship winners from last year.

Joshua Greenough

nieprzeczytany,
22 mar 2012, 16:29:0622.03.2012
do rsdaccount
Does anybody remember WUGC in Australia in 2006 in Nov? I think that this is the response in some ways and everybody was "informed" both times but players lost out in both cases. Hoping long-term plans work out with USAU Open but we shall see how it plays out.

Greenough #99

Keith Stanley

nieprzeczytany,
22 mar 2012, 16:30:0422.03.2012
do
The scheduling of the US Open this year at all seems to not
make a ton of sense.

USAU knew that Worlds would be this year, during the summer.
Did they really think that even if the US Open were say
three weeks apart they would get the attendance they desire
from across the globe.

Is the Convention really a sustainable event on a yearly
basis?

It would seem to me that if you held the US Open every other
year on years it would be a nice stop gap between WFDF
Worlds and WUCC Worlds.

They don't hold the Track and Field Championships on Olympic
years. I know that is a little different but similar in
concept

KS

joaq

nieprzeczytany,
22 mar 2012, 16:38:1622.03.2012
do
I think next year would be a worse choice for starting the
US open given how much USAU invests in and promotes Team USA
that attends the World Games.

Anyway, this event will build over the years, so what if it
doesn't have the most prestige this year.

ulticritic

nieprzeczytany,
22 mar 2012, 17:00:4622.03.2012
do
leave it to the usau admin to come up with yet another "terrible idea"

ulticritic

nieprzeczytany,
22 mar 2012, 17:03:0422.03.2012
do
On Mar 22, 1:45 pm, Knappy <knappy...@gmail.com> wrote:.
> I think your argument about the livestream conflict does not
> hold up.
>
> The rest of your post(s) makes sense & it is unfortunate
> that the inaugural US Open conflicts with worlds.

amoungst other popular u.s. tournaments that are already established.
usau is like the "neighborhod bully"

Grant Farrington

nieprzeczytany,
22 mar 2012, 20:01:0422.03.2012
do
Does anyone know if there will there be a beer garden there or will we
have to bring our own booze?

Grant

rsdaccount

nieprzeczytany,
22 mar 2012, 20:40:0222.03.2012
do
It's at the U.S. Air Force Academy so I'm thinking alcohol
won't be allowed on the fields. But I don't know what USAU
is doing for spectators. The serve beer at Falcon Stadium
and that's still on base, but outside the Cadet Area.

ulticritic

nieprzeczytany,
22 mar 2012, 20:31:5122.03.2012
do
On Mar 22, 1:30 pm, Jim <jim.t.heneg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> By having this event in Colorado Springs, we have a chance
> to expose people in the amateur sports business world to the
> sport at a very high level, with very little effort on their
> part.

yea, its just too bad that its the worst version of the sport in
existance.....check that, the observerless wfdf format is the worst.
its so ironic that yall are arguing over this lie you are the top dogs
of ultimate promotion yet both your versions are actually the worst
versions you could showcase to actually "show off" the sport. my
guess is that even with a second tier of ultimate athletes the audl
will still be head and shoulders aboove both usau and wfdf
competition. and just wait until the league expands to the markets
where the current elite teams already reside. usau is gonna be
percieved as a minor league of sorts.
> --
> Posted fromhttp://www.rsdnospam.com

Greg Southfield

nieprzeczytany,
22 mar 2012, 22:15:0322.03.2012
do
Knappy wrote on Thu, 22 March 2012 10:41
> It sounds like the USAU "informed" the WFDF about the
> dates, but they should've consulted/coordinated with them
> to make sure there was no conflict.

No amount of consulting would have moved the 4th of July
weekend. USAU wanted a premier weekend and didn't ask
permission because the tail doesn't wag the dog. Not sure I
agree or not but these things have a way of working
themselves out. It's very close to both Worlds and the
largest tournament in the US, Potlatch.

Reggie Fanelli

nieprzeczytany,
22 mar 2012, 22:51:0222.03.2012
do
On Mar 22, 10:15 pm, Greg Southfield <greg.southfi...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> No amount of consulting would have moved the 4th of July
> weekend.  USAU wanted a premier weekend and didn't ask
> permission because the tail doesn't wag the dog.  Not sure I
> agree or not but these things have a way of working
> themselves out.  It's very close to both Worlds and the
> largest tournament in the US, Potlatch.

~~~~~

---powerful stuff right there.

...this is why you should stick to your other posting genre.....or did
you post by your fake name by mistake?

california_encounter

nieprzeczytany,
23 mar 2012, 00:25:0323.03.2012
do
I think this tournament is stupid. In fact, i think its all
stupid. And by "all" i mean the US open, and their stupid
super regional vs tripple crown plan. I mean just look at
the pages explaining them. It takes a tremendous number of
pages, including graphs and charts with colored boxes and
curvy arrows just to help you figure out this new
complicated system. I think a lot of it stems from
insecurity on the part of the USAU. They see the UOA still
having some success, and they see the the AUDL getting
attention, and they are threatened. This is leading them to
try to raise their profile, but i dont think they need to. I
dont think the USAU should be trying to run a semi
professional league here. I think they should leave that to
the AUDL and the UOA, and the USAU should stick to promoting
youth ultimate, and running an all inclusive sectionals,
regionals nationals. If the top how ever many clubs want to
do their own thing and have their own league, go for it. But
i dont think USAU should be involved. they just seem to muck
everything up.

Tim Kefalas

nieprzeczytany,
23 mar 2012, 00:30:0423.03.2012
do
Um, having both played and coached in tournaments at the Air
Force Academy they've always been super strict about
ABSOLUTELY no alcohol or drugs allowed. Immediate expulsion
for your team was always the response.

Another issue that nobody has pointed, frankly because a lot
of people probably don't know, is that the Air Force Academy
is a god awful place to host a tournament. It has a large
amount of very nice fields, but it is ALWAYS windy there,
oftentimes to the point of absolutely awful disc (think
college nationals finals this past year). In fact, I think
that the SW sectional and regional coordinators (before the
college regions changed) several years back made a fairly
concerted effort to never host events at AFA because of the
fact that it's right up against the foothills and there's a
consistent heavy wind flowing down off the mountains...ok
this is off topic, but yeah, yuck.

mgd.mitch

nieprzeczytany,
23 mar 2012, 00:50:0423.03.2012
do
Katfish wrote on Fri, 23 March 2012 00:25
> Another issue that nobody has pointed, frankly because a
> lot of people probably don't know, is that the Air Force
> Academy is a god awful place to host a tournament. It has
> a large amount of very nice fields, but it is ALWAYS windy
> there,
http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KCOS/2006/7/4/DailyHistory.html?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA.
Minimum 8 mph average winds.... gusts up to the mid 20's
and 30's mph. While not college nationals finals bad, not
good ultimate weather on average. Even looking at the time
of day the wind peaks....right during the scheduled game
times. Showcasing this sport in a predominantly windy area
is suicide. Hope they get unseasonably calm days.

Reggie Fanelli

nieprzeczytany,
23 mar 2012, 06:25:5823.03.2012
do
but it is ALWAYS windy there,
~~~~~~

---that 'shouldn't' be a problem, right......for......the most super
duper elite teams in the WORLD!!!!

Reggie Fanelli

nieprzeczytany,
23 mar 2012, 07:07:4623.03.2012
do
. They see the UOA still
> having some success,

---not a ton of success THIS year....however, we are still working
hard, with eyes on the horizon!!!!
~~~~~~~~~
trying to run a semi
> professional league here. I think they should leave that to
> the AUDL and the UOA,

---the UOA IS NOT trying to run a semi pro league....rather....we are
trying to run a Fall College Season, 8 conference tournaments of 8
teams with the 8 champs getting together for the UOA National
Championship.....
and in the spring, we want to cater to the B teams who deserve to be
treated like champs.....and to host the UOA B Team National
Championship.
we DO, however, want to break into the club scene this summer....and
hopefully will be able to let the clubbers experience the UOA method
of officiating the sport.

yep

ulticritic

nieprzeczytany,
23 mar 2012, 07:24:3523.03.2012
do
On Mar 23, 12:50 am, mgd.mitch <mgd.mi...@gmail.com> wrote:.

>  Showcasing this sport in a predominantly windy area
> is suicide.  Hope they get unseasonably calm days.

which is another reason you are a usau loyalist. i, on the other
hand, hope they get very seasonably windy days.......so their even
kills itself

Knappy

nieprzeczytany,
23 mar 2012, 14:55:0423.03.2012
do
this post (cited below) makes a lot of sense. I would've
substitute the word "misguided" for "stupid", but other than
that, I think I agree with the gist of what you wrote.

I don't think the women's, mixed, masters', GM divisions
were clamoring for change in competitive formats. It seems
like the 2 proposed systems (triple crown & super regional)
are primarily designed to create more showcase opps for open
division. The most common complaints I saw cited about the
old system were "get rid of size/growth bids" & make a more
logical regional re-draw. Seems like those 2 issues are easy
to fix & don't require 2 5,000 word proposals to the
community. 8 regions = 8 bids. Decide on a method to divide
up the other 8 bids based upon current season results or
past season results, whichever wins the day.

US open has its own set of issues, but I am all for adding
more competitive opportunities for teams. I just don't think
a tournament in July that conflicts with popular, long-time
tournaments & a world's tournament should carry any more or
less weight than any other top tier tournament. Even if
int'l teams attend, that does not make it automatically more
competitive than ECC, Labor day, chesapeake, which are all
late-season events that work as a preview for nationals.

Whoever said the USAU needs "liberal use of Occam's
razor"...I agree. This is what happens when a non-profit org
gets a bunch of committees together....you wind up with a
convoluted, unworkable solution.

[...]

Bulb

nieprzeczytany,
23 mar 2012, 15:30:0423.03.2012
do
Knappy wrote on Fri, 23 March 2012 14:50
> This is what happens when a non-profit org gets a bunch
> of committees together....you wind up with a convoluted,
> unworkable solution.

Hey, I happen to be on the Board of a non-profit org, and
have put together a bunch of committees...

..oh, I see what you did there.

Reggie Fanelli

nieprzeczytany,
23 mar 2012, 15:36:5823.03.2012
do
look at the pages explaining them. It takes a
> tremendous number of pages, including graphs and charts with
> colored boxes and curvy arrows just to help you figure out
> this new complicated system. I think a lot of it stems from
> insecurity on the part of the US
~~~~~~~~~~

--keep it simple.....stupid.

Knappy

nieprzeczytany,
23 mar 2012, 15:45:0323.03.2012
do
yes, I have been on some of those committees, Bulb!

Brian

nieprzeczytany,
23 mar 2012, 15:55:5823.03.2012
do
gregs wrote on Thu, 22 March 2012 19:10
Ask permission from whom?

Brian

nieprzeczytany,
23 mar 2012, 15:56:0323.03.2012
do
gregs wrote on Thu, 22 March 2012 19:10
Ask permission from whom?

ulticritic

nieprzeczytany,
23 mar 2012, 17:10:1423.03.2012
do
On Mar 23, 2:55 pm, Knappy <knappy...@gmail.com> wrote:

> this post (cited below) makes a lot of sense. I would've
> substitute the word "misguided" for "stupid", but other than
> that, I think I agree with the gist of what you wrote.

why sugar coat it though. you people are to soft on those idiots in
boulder
-------------------------------------

> I don't think the women's, mixed, masters', GM divisions
> were clamoring for change in competitive formats.

great point......which is why i said that the best plan would be to
simply scoop up the top 20 MENS teams, give em their own div and let
every other open team move up into the notches left. i mean, how
cool would it be for those teams that make sunday at regionals to
experience making nationals.

It seems
> like the 2 proposed systems (triple crown & super regional)
> are primarily designed to create more showcase opps for open
> division.

it couldnt do it any better than my idea......and dont those teams
already have plently of elite events to attend, that could be easily
showcased and cobined into a series?

The most common complaints I saw cited about the
> old system were "get rid of size/growth bids" & make a more
> logical regional re-draw. Seems like those 2 issues are easy
> to fix & don't require 2 5,000 word proposals to the
> community.

WORD!!! my plan provides the same results and was explained in one
sentence. i think the usau bod is trying to justify their "delicate
genius" positions as ultimate leaders.......much like politicians do
with our govenment

8 regions = 8 bids. Decide on a method to divide
> up the other 8 bids based upon current season results or
> past season results, whichever wins the day.

i would say, pick 20 teams to compete in the elite div and every year,
prior to the elite series, host an event with the bottom 4 from the
elite div and the 4 semi finalists from the open "regular" division
and, like i said, just keep everything as it is.

> US open has its own set of issues, but I am all for adding
> more competitive opportunities for teams.

but dont ya think the us open, in conjunction with their "plan(s)" is
just a way to MAKE elite teams attend that event?
-------------------------------------

I just don't think
> a tournament in July that conflicts with popular, long-time
> tournaments & a world's tournament should carry any more or
> less weight than any other top tier tournament.

like i said, its their way of convincing teams they HAVE TO attend.
it seems a little underhanded to me......aside from the fact that they
are bumping potlatch right off the map. i mean, is there another
event that promotes the ind of spirit that ultimate is supposed to be
about and that usau flourishes more than potlatch? not to mention
steppin all over wfdfs' toes.

Even if
> int'l teams attend, that does not make it automatically more
> competitive than ECC, Labor day, chesapeake, which are all
> late-season events that work as a preview for nationals.

exactly. and what i dont get is why the organizes of those events
havent networked on their own to creat a series for the elite teams
void of usau tyrany......in which they could use more cool rules and
game management proceedures.......like a uoa style of officiating

> Whoever said the USAU needs "liberal use of Occam's
> razor"...I agree.

am i the only one that dosent know what the fuck that means?

This is what happens when a non-profit org
> gets a bunch of committees together....you wind up with a
> convoluted, unworkable solution.

like with politics?

> "In fact, i think its all stupid. And by "all" i mean the US
> open, and their stupid super regional vs tripple crown plan.
> I mean just look at the pages explaining them. It takes a
> tremendous number of pages, including graphs and charts with
> colored boxes and curvy arrows just to help you figure out
> this new complicated system. I think a lot of it stems from
> insecurity on the part of the USAU. They see the UOA still
> having some success, and they see the the AUDL getting
> attention, and they are threatened. This is leading them to
> try to raise their profile, but i dont think they need to. I
> dont think the USAU should be trying to run a semi
> professional league here. I think they should leave that to
> the AUDL and the UOA, and the USAU should stick to promoting
> youth ultimate, and running an all inclusive sectionals,
> regionals nationals. If the top how ever many clubs want to
> do their own thing and have their own league, go for it. But
> i dont think USAU should be involved. they just seem to muck
> everything up."

have you guys ever considered that its not as much that usau is or
should/shouldnt be involved but more the actual people that are, as
mike payne puts it, "runnin the show". i mean, just think if the
board was made up of people like the people that have started up skyd
mag, nexgen, the uoa, the audl and guys like baer, j mac, blw and
yours truely. i mean, think about it, weve been stuck with lame ass
idiots that dont seem to have a clue about how to properly run A
SPORT. thats right, ultimate is a SPORT......not some quazi religion/
cult thats supposed to change the world via sotg.

i say its time for a whole sale in boulder. anybody else?

> --
> Posted fromhttp://www.rsdnospam.com

ulticritic

nieprzeczytany,
23 mar 2012, 17:11:2923.03.2012
do
On Mar 23, 3:30 pm, Bulb <kevin.patrick.mccorm...@gmail.com> wrote:.
> Knappy wrote on Fri, 23 March 2012 14:50
>
> > This is what happens when a non-profit org gets a bunch
> > of committees together....you wind up with a convoluted,
> > unworkable solution.
>
> Hey, I happen to be on the Board of a non-profit org, and
> have put together a bunch of committees...

shocker!

ulticritic

nieprzeczytany,
23 mar 2012, 17:23:0923.03.2012
do
On Mar 23, 3:55 pm, Brian <timko...@gmail.com> wrote:.
> gregs wrote on Thu, 22 March 2012 19:10
>
> > Knappy wrote on Thu, 22 March 2012 10:41
> > > It sounds like the USAU "informed" the WFDF about
> > > the dates, but they should've consulted/coordinated with
> > > them to make sure there was no conflict.
>
> > No amount of consulting would have moved the 4th of July
> > weekend.  USAU wanted a premier weekend and didn't ask
> > permission because the tail doesn't wag the dog.

i remember cultimate waggin that bitch a few years back. and like
califonia encounter said, this was more of a desperation power move
due to them be threatened than them being innovative or responding to
the actual wants and needs of the membership. now if they had come up
with this years ago it might be a different story but to those of us
with a brain its just another cleat case of them being REactive rather
than PROactive.

 Not sure
> > I agree or not

well thats a big part of the problem.......tools like you are too flim
flammy to take a stan and be SURE about how you feel. try growing a
spine and not being so wish washy and you might "get it".

fyi, when i read between the lines my gut tells me you DONT
agree......you just dont have the balls to say so and would rather
remain neutral than rock the boat.

but these things have a way of working
> > themselves out.  It's very close to both Worlds and the
> > largest tournament in the US, Potlatch.
>
> Ask permission from whom?

how about the members they represent......you know, the ones that pay
the bills. i would have added "the ones that voted them into their
positions" too but we all know narry one of em probably got more that
a few hundred votes (of confedence), which equals less than 2%, to get
the positions they got.
> --
> Posted fromhttp://www.rsdnospam.com

ulticritic

nieprzeczytany,
23 mar 2012, 17:12:1323.03.2012
do
the kiss meathod........and what could be simpler than the plan i
proposed?

Reggie Fanelli

nieprzeczytany,
24 mar 2012, 08:40:4324.03.2012
do

> Is the Convention really a sustainable event on a yearly
> basis?
~~~~~~~~

---a upa ultimate convention......
man....that sounds horrible.

Bulb

nieprzeczytany,
24 mar 2012, 09:25:0324.03.2012
do
ulticritic wrote on Fri, 23 March 2012 17:10
> > Whoever said the USAU needs "liberal use of Occam's
> > razor"...I agree.
>
> am i the only one that dosent know what the fuck that
> means?

No, but you're probably the only one too stupid to actually
post something like that rather than just look it up. Which
is a pretty simple explanation for a lot of your behavior,
so...

ulticritic

nieprzeczytany,
24 mar 2012, 14:31:3124.03.2012
do
On Mar 24, 9:25 am, Bulb <kevin.patrick.mccorm...@gmail.com> wrote:.
> ulticritic wrote on Fri, 23 March 2012 17:10
>
> > > Whoever said the USAU needs "liberal use of Occam's
> > > razor"...I agree.
>
> > am i the only one that dosent know what the fuck that
> > means?
>
> No,

so you actually KNOW that everyone else knows wha that means. thats
kinda presumptious of you.
--------------------------------------

but you're probably the only one too stupid to actually
> post something like that rather than just look it up.

like you did? either way, i was always taught there was no such thing
as a stupid question. i mean, i know its must have some kind of
intellectual spin to it, which i know is just your style........"a
fucking intellectual trying to out intelectual all the other fucking
intellectuals". fyi, that quote is from the movie fritz the
cat......so go off and google it so you can play it off lie you knew
what it was prior to me quoting it.
------------------------------------

 Which
> is a pretty simple explanation for a lot of your behavior,
> so...

simple how?
> --
> Posted fromhttp://www.rsdnospam.com

Bulb

nieprzeczytany,
24 mar 2012, 18:10:0424.03.2012
do
ulticritic wrote on Sat, 24 March 2012 14:31

> > > am i the only one that dosent know what the fuck
> > > that
> > > means?
> >
> > No,
>
> so you actually KNOW that everyone else knows wha that
> means. thats kinda presumptious of you.

Umm... I said no... meaning, you are NOT the only person who
doesn't know what it means...

I've seen you misinterpret people thousands of times, but
here you are literally turning a one-word "no" into a "yes."
Bravo.

ulticritic wrote on Sat, 24 March 2012 14:31
> > but you're probably the only one too stupid to
> > actually
> > post something like that rather than just look it
> > up.
>
> like you did?

I did not look it up, I've known what it means for a long
time. Wouldn't surprise anyone who knows me, given that
most Computer Science programs teach it at some point. I
also saw it on an episode of Scrubs.

But even if I had looked it up, and admitted to it, I'd
still look better than some idiot who just rants and raves
about how he doesn't know what it means.

ulticritic wrote on Sat, 24 March 2012 14:31
> either way, i was always taught there was no such thing
> as a stupid question.

Only stupid people, right? Correlation doesn't imply
causation... but it sure as hell doesn't rule it out,
either.

ulticritic wrote on Sat, 24 March 2012 14:31
> i mean, i know its must have some kind of intellectual
> spin to it

Nope. It just means that all else equal, the simplest
explanation for something is usually better than more
complicated explanations. Of course, it's hard to know what
you consider "intellectual," so if you're defining that as
"anything you've never heard of," then sure, it's
super-intellectual.

ulticritic wrote on Sat, 24 March 2012 14:31
> > Which
> > is a pretty simple explanation for a lot of your
> > behavior,
> > so...
>
> simple how?

By nature of it being one sentence? I know this is just one
of your "I can't think of a comeback, so I'll just ask an
asinine question with no real answer" moments. They must
make you so proud.

ulticritic

nieprzeczytany,
24 mar 2012, 18:30:4324.03.2012
do
On Mar 24, 6:10 pm, Bulb <kevin.patrick.mccorm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > but you're probably the only one too stupid to
> > > actually
> > > post something like that rather than just look it
> > > up.
>
> > like you did?
>
> I did not look it up, I've known what it means for a long
> time.

that figures. either way, i knew it was a critisism towards the usau
plan so i dint then and still dont really give a fuck what its
relevence is

 Wouldn't surprise anyone who knows me, given that
> most Computer Science programs teach it at some point.  I
> also saw it on an episode of Scrubs.

yea, figures you watch that lame show too
---------------------------------------

> But even if I had looked it up, and admitted to it, I'd
> still look better than some idiot who just rants and raves
> about how he doesn't know what it means.

to whom? geek muther fuckers like yourself?

> ulticritic wrote on Sat, 24 March 2012 14:31
>
> > either way, i was always taught there was no such thing
> > as a stupid question.
>
> Only stupid people, right?

i dont remember that being park of that saying
------------------------------------

 Correlation doesn't imply
> causation... but it sure as hell doesn't rule it out,
> either.

there ya go again trying to outintellectual yourself

> ulticritic wrote on Sat, 24 March 2012 14:31
>
> > i mean, i know its must have some kind of intellectual
> > spin to it
>
> Nope.  It just means that all else equal, the simplest
> explanation for something is usually better than more
> complicated explanations.

uhmmm......shouldnt you be telling your precious usau leaders this
about their plan(s) rather than worring about whether or not i know
what some saying from scrubs means

 Of course, it's hard to know what
> you consider "intellectual,"

geeks like you that come across as pompas pricks

so if you're defining that as
> "anything you've never heard of," then sure, it's
> super-intellectual.

> ulticritic wrote on Sat, 24 March 2012 14:31
>
> > > Which
> > > is a pretty simple explanation for a lot of your
> > > behavior,
> > > so...
>
> > simple how?
>
> By nature of it being one sentence?

kinda like the plan i proposed that was better than both the plans
usau laid out?

 I know this is just one
> of your "I can't think of a comeback, so I'll just ask an
> asinine question with no real answer" moments.  They must
> make you so proud.

"i aint proud......or tired".......see there, thats the kind of quote
that an intellectual prick like you would be too much of a geek to
pinpoint........i'm sure youll try and google it so you can act like
you can relate though.

> --
> Posted fromhttp://www.rsdnospam.com

Bulb

nieprzeczytany,
24 mar 2012, 21:15:0424.03.2012
do
ulticritic wrote on Sat, 24 March 2012 18:30
> > Nope.  It just means that all else equal, the
> > simplest
> > explanation for something is usually better than
> > more
> > complicated explanations.
>
> uhmmm......shouldnt you be telling your precious usau
> leaders this about their plan(s) rather than worring about
> whether or not i know what some saying from scrubs means

So... it's a saying from Scrubs now? I believe you owe Sir
William Hamilton an apology. (That one I did look up.)

ulticritic wrote on Sat, 24 March 2012 18:30
> > I know this is just one
> > of your "I can't think of a comeback, so I'll just
> > ask an
> > asinine question with no real answer" moments.
> >  They must
> > make you so proud.
>
> "i aint proud......or tired".......see there, thats the
> kind of quote that an intellectual prick like you would be
> too much of a geek to pinpoint........i'm sure youll try
> and google it so you can act like you can relate though.

Did not google, don't care.

On a side note, I do love how your asinine questions are
always topped by your tangential diatribes.

Knappy

nieprzeczytany,
24 mar 2012, 21:50:0524.03.2012
do
toad told the USAU to k.i.s.s.

Toad, that is essentially the same as Occam's razor

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam%27s_razor

ulticritic

nieprzeczytany,
24 mar 2012, 22:06:4424.03.2012
do
more intelectual gooble de goop i see

ulticritic

nieprzeczytany,
24 mar 2012, 22:17:3224.03.2012
do
On Mar 24, 9:50 pm, Knappy <knappy...@gmail.com> wrote:.

> toad told the USAU to k.i.s.s.
>
> Toad, that is essentially the same as Occam's razor

ok........maybe you should have used the kiss method when making that
description. even though we have butt heads in the past, to me you
dont usually come accross as being one of them "intellectual types
thats trying to out intellectual all the other fucking intelectuals"
and i would even go as far as to assume that youve actually seen fritz
the cat and are familiar with arlo guthries "alices restaurant",
unlike you know who. what IS that dickheads problem anyways?
Nowe wiadomości: 0