Confirmation!

David "The Hamster" Malone

Aug 8, 2011, 11:41:17 AM8/8/11
My wife and I had a very nice visit from Jakarta Dean last Saturday -
I imagine he's back in Indonesia by now. Some of you might recall our
discussion on the subject of the Guinness World Cup of Pool where he
mentioned that Mika Immonen thought Dean's pool game sucked and I
agreed with him?

At our park trailer where we got together, Dean presented us with very
natty 'official' shirts from the GWCOP and then said, "Mika said to
give you this..."

"This" turned out to be a hand-written note as follows...

"To Ortelia and David Malone.

From one World Champion to another...

DEAN SUCKS! "

And it was signed by Mika Immonen. Sounds like Mika has a great sense
of homour as well as Dean.

By the way, Dean didn't suck very badly (beat up on me...) and, as I
suspected, the lovely Eva is getting to be a terrific pool player. I
really think she could be a pro one day if she sticks at it...

David "The Hamster" Malone

ninebal310

Aug 9, 2011, 6:38:20 AM8/9/11

Cool! Ya gotta be proud of that.

Hank

--------

Mark0

Aug 9, 2011, 2:46:50 PM8/9/11

Attention Mike Page, Attention Mike Page, Attention Mike Page...

--> Mark0 <--

"The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill
the world with fools." -Herbert Spencer

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Get: Secrets to a Perfect Pool Table Recovering Job
http://www.mccauleyweb.com/secrets.htm

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

David "The Hamster" Malone

Aug 10, 2011, 11:38:15 AM8/10/11
On Aug 9, 2:46 pm, "Mark0" <markmccau...@charter.net> wrote:

> Attention Mike Page, Attention Mike Page, Attention Mike Page...

Not to be fussy, but... shouldn't that be...

Paging Mike Page, Paging Mike Page, Paging Mike Page...?

David "The picky Hamster" Malone

PatH

Aug 10, 2011, 12:17:55 PM8/10/11
On Aug 10, 10:38 am, "David \"The Hamster\" Malone"

I don't know if Mike stops by here anymore. I know he visits and is
active on azbilliards.

PatH...still means to pay him a visit at his room in Fargo N.D. just
not during the winter (snow/cold) or spring(floods) or summer
(tornadoes)

David "The Hamster" Malone

Aug 10, 2011, 3:44:38 PM8/10/11
On Aug 10, 12:17 pm, PatH <ph...@certcoinc.com> wrote:

> I don't know if Mike stops by here anymore.  I know he visits and is
> active on azbilliards.

He's a great guy. I met him at one of the Jimbo-Jambo's in Connecticut
a few years back. I think he was the only attendee that traveled even
further than we did to get there.

> PatH...still means to pay him a visit at his room in Fargo N.D.  just
> not during the winter (snow/cold) or spring(floods) or summer
> (tornadoes)

So obviously you're going this Fall? The pictures of Mike's room are
amazing - I'd like to visit it myself one of these days... when I
retire...

David "The Hamster" Malone

bvinco

Aug 17, 2011, 10:58:26 AM8/17/11
One time when he visited Florida, he was my partner against Jim and
Murray. Both are very nice... but, Fargo? Really? That's almost as bad
as Toronto. LOL >>jking<< (sort of)

Speaking of Toronto; Dave, I'll probably be up that way sometime in the
near future to visit Heather. Would love to visit with you and your
beautiful wife while I'm there.

Becky

David "The Hamster" Malone

Aug 17, 2011, 12:43:35 PM8/17/11
On Aug 17, 10:58 am, "bvinco" <bvi...@aol.com> wrote:

> Speaking of Toronto;  Dave, I'll probably be up that way sometime in the
> near future to visit Heather.  Would love to visit with you and your
> beautiful wife while I'm there.

Keep us informed of your schedule, Becky... Ortelia spends a lot of
her time up at the trailer (because it's on a golf course and she's a
wannabe golfer), but we are flexible. FWIW, we have a pool room at
home and a BBQ... :-)

David "The still-working Hamster" Malone

PatH

Aug 17, 2011, 2:06:07 PM8/17/11
But then you would have to move a bunch of laundry from the pool
table.<G> BBQ might not be as much of a logistics problem.

PatH...keeps his table dirty with chalk so the wife doesn't put clean
clothes on it

David "The Hamster" Malone

Aug 17, 2011, 2:52:26 PM8/17/11
On Aug 17, 2:06 pm, PatH <ph...@certcoinc.com> wrote:

> But then you would have to move a bunch of laundry from the pool
> table.<G>  BBQ might not be as much of a logistics problem.

Lol... good memory, Pat.

> PatH...keeps his table dirty with chalk so the wife doesn't put clean
> clothes on it

My wife puts the Naugahyde cover on it first...

David "The Hamster" Malone

bvinco

Aug 20, 2011, 9:32:51 AM8/20/11
On Aug 17 2011 9:43 PM, David "The Hamster" Malone wrote:

> Keep us informed of your schedule, Becky... Ortelia spends a lot of
> her time up at the trailer (because it's on a golf course and she's a
> wannabe golfer), but we are flexible. FWIW, we have a pool room at
> home and a BBQ... :-)
>
> David "The still-working Hamster" Malone

Will do, Dave... thanks! I'd love to come over to shoot pool and have you
cook for me. Well, maybe I'd love to have Ortelia cook for me. Or, I
could buy you two dinner.

How far away is the trailer? I'm a wannabe golfer, too. I play golf
about as badly as I shoot pool, but that hasn't stopped me from doing
either one.

Hope to see you soon.
Becky

-----

David "The Hamster" Malone

Aug 22, 2011, 8:26:01 AM8/22/11
On Aug 20, 9:32 am, "bvinco" <bvi...@aol.com> wrote:

> Will do, Dave... thanks!  I'd love to come over to shoot pool and have you
> cook for me.  Well, maybe I'd love to have Ortelia cook for me.  Or, I
> could buy you two dinner.

Ortelia loves to cook... and she's pretty damn good at it, so she
won't let you near her kitchen. Trust me, you do NOT want me to cook
for you...

> How far away is the trailer?  I'm a wannabe golfer, too.  I play golf
> about as badly as I shoot pool, but that hasn't stopped me from doing
> either one.

It's about 45 minutes drive from Scarborough - actually we'd love to
have you at the trailer and play golf. Ortelia's just in the learning
stages, so it might be a bit frustrating for you if you're a good
golfer (and play golf as well as you shoot pool). I'm a lousy golfer
myself because I haven't played much. Does Jim play golf as well - we
could have a foursome...?

> Hope to see you soon.

Let us know when... then we can talk.

David "The Hamster" Malone

bvinco

Aug 23, 2011, 7:47:03 AM8/23/11
On Aug 22 2011 5:26 PM, David "The Hamster" Malone wrote:

> Ortelia loves to cook... and she's pretty damn good at it, so she
> won't let you near her kitchen. Trust me, you do NOT want me to cook
> for you...

I've heard of her talents and magic in the kitchen!

> It's about 45 minutes drive from Scarborough - actually we'd love to
> have you at the trailer and play golf. Ortelia's just in the learning
> stages, so it might be a bit frustrating for you if you're a good
> golfer (and play golf as well as you shoot pool). I'm a lousy golfer
> myself because I haven't played much. Does Jim play golf as well - we
> could have a foursome...?

LOL... I really suck at golf, so I think Ortelia would probably get
frustrated with me. I hate it that I'm always chasing balls or losing
them in water, but I putt fairly well once I finally get that white thing
that far. LOL

My Dad golfs, my oldest son golfs, my middle son is a scratch golfer and
is going to "golf school,' my brother has a one digit handicap and my
son-in-law in the golf pro at the Country Club of Mount Dora. Then, there
is Jim and me. I think the closest Jim has come to playing is being a
caddie when he was a teenager, and I don't even keep score because it's
too embarrassing.

> Let us know when... then we can talk.

Soon as I know for sure. Thanks!

Becky