FYI Eddie Jobson is touring

Dave

Jul 10, 2009, 4:58:14 PM7/10/09
Jobson is doing a short (eastern) US tour during August...

http://www.eddiejobson.com/forum/read.php?f=1&i=13037&t=13037

Aug 17 - Washington DC (Jammin Java - Vienna, VA)
Aug 18. - New York (BB Kings)
Aug 19. - Boston (Regent Theatre, Arlington, MA)
Aug 20 - Philadelphia (North Star)
Aug 21 - Cleveland (Beachland Ballroom)
Aug 22 - Chicago (Martyrs')

He's calling this "The Ultimate Zero Project", with a band
consisting of:
Greg Howe - guitar (Michael Jackson),
Michael Bernier - stick (Stick Men),
Marco Minnemann drums (UKZ)
Simon Phillips - drums (Jeff Beck, Pete Townsend, Toto etc.)

Not clear what the setlist will look like, but I'd guess it would
have selections from UK, Tull, Roxy, Curved Air, etc. His site
says "primarily an instrumental lineup, featuring a revolving
list of virtuoso guest musicians performing Eddie's music and
perhaps other music from the genres he has helped create."

Will he risk the wrath of GZ and play any Zappa?

Bill

Jul 10, 2009, 11:41:02 PM7/10/09
In article
<de6a87b4-ffe5-497d...@c2g2000yqi.googlegroups.com>,
Dave <chicky...@hotmail.com> wrote:

WTF happened to UKZ?

--
Bill

Dave

Jul 11, 2009, 12:11:57 AM7/11/09
On Jul 10, 11:41 pm, Bill <billfl...@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> WTF happened to UKZ?

According to his site, they played a 4 concert Japanese tour last
month.

Toppo

Aug 14, 2009, 3:03:15 AM8/14/09
I just saw him play a one-off show with Curved Air at the weekend;
terrific evening out! Tiny venue ....

Henry Potts

Aug 27, 2009, 5:32:16 AM8/27/09
On Jul 11, 4:41 am, Bill <billfl...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> WTF happened to UKZ?

U-Z exists in parallel to UKZ.
--
Henry

Dave

Aug 27, 2009, 11:57:55 PM8/27/09
On Aug 27, 5:32 am, Henry Potts <use...@bondegezou.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> On Jul 11, 4:41 am, Bill <billfl...@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> U-Z exists in parallel to UKZ.

Saw them last Wednesday...
They played Jobson solo material, instrumental versions of
UK tunes, some pieces from Mahavishnu Orchestra, a
King Crimson tune, and a couple of way-too-long drum
solos.

Charles Ulrich

Aug 28, 2009, 12:53:35 AM8/28/09
In article
<6a32b8a0-72e6-460c...@b18g2000vbl.googlegroups.com>,
Dave <chicky...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Saw them last Wednesday...
> They played Jobson solo material, instrumental versions of
> UK tunes, some pieces from Mahavishnu Orchestra, a
> King Crimson tune, and a couple of way-too-long drum
> solos.

What--no Black Napkins?

--Charles

JLe...@mac-ndt.com