Yahoo group for discussing classical recordings

Kirk McElhearn

May 29, 2009, 6:19:52 AM5/29/09
OK, I went and set one up:

If enough people join, it could be worthwhile. I'd like to find a few
additional moderators, so no one person can be accused of being a
"Napoleon". Any takers?

There won't be much work, other than slapping down those who flame or
spam. New members have their first posts moderated so early violators
can be spotted.

Kirk
--
Kirkville: http://www.mcelhearn.com
Writings about more than just Macs

td

May 29, 2009, 6:28:54 AM5/29/09
On May 29, 6:19 am, Kirk McElhearn <kir...@gmail.com> wrote:
> OK, I went and set one up:

> If enough people join, it could be worthwhile. I'd like to find a few
> additional moderators, so no one person can be accused of being a
> "Napoleon". Any takers?
>
> There won't be much work, other than slapping down those who flame or
> spam. New members have their first posts moderated so early violators
> can be spotted.

Just another Yahoo group. Ho hum.

TD

Recovered Reviewer

May 29, 2009, 6:55:05 AM5/29/09
"Kirk McElhearn" <kir...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> OK, I went and set one up:

> If enough people join, it could be worthwhile. I'd like to find a few
> additional moderators, so no one person can be accused of being a
> "Napoleon". Any takers?
>
> There won't be much work, other than slapping down those who flame or
> spam. New members have their first posts moderated so early violators can
> be spotted.

I set up a bookseller's group on a service
whose name I no longer recall.
It was abandoned when Yahoo bought the service,
as I believed -- and still believe -- that they have privacy issues.
So no Yahoo anything for me, ever.
--
John Wiser
Jicotea Used Books

Message has been deleted

John Tatlow

May 29, 2009, 7:17:00 AM5/29/09

Good for you, Kirk! I've signed up for this group and I'm more than
happy to abide by the rules. But I'm experiencing a few problems
navigating through it - i.e. I can't find any messages.

Bob Lombard

May 29, 2009, 7:32:33 AM5/29/09

I doubt that there are any messages yet.

I have joined, using my yahoo identity. I suspect that my sparkling
personality will make the thorstein congruence obvious.

"Yahoo identity". Hmm. I have been described as a yahoo once or twice.

bl

Kirk McElhearn

May 29, 2009, 7:33:08 AM5/29/09
On 2009-05-29 12:55:05 +0200, "Recovered Reviewer"
<cee...@frontiernet.net> said:

> I set up a bookseller's group on a service
> whose name I no longer recall.
> It was abandoned when Yahoo bought the service,
> as I believed -- and still believe -- that they have privacy issues.
> So no Yahoo anything for me, ever.

What kind of privacy issues? How would it be any different than the
info you broadcast on this group?

Kirk McElhearn

May 29, 2009, 7:33:32 AM5/29/09
On 2009-05-29 13:17:00 +0200, John Tatlow <j...@manx.net> said:

> Good for you, Kirk! I've signed up for this group and I'm more than
> happy to abide by the rules. But I'm experiencing a few problems
> navigating through it - i.e. I can't find any messages.

Cause there aren't any yet. Post one. :-)

John Tatlow

May 29, 2009, 7:42:55 AM5/29/09
On May 29, 12:33 pm, Kirk McElhearn <kir...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2009-05-29 13:17:00 +0200, John Tatlow <j...@manx.net> said:
>
> > Good for you, Kirk! I've signed up for this group and I'm more than
> > happy to abide by the rules. But I'm experiencing a few problems
> > navigating through it - i.e. I can't find any messages.
>
> Cause there aren't any yet. Post one. :-)

Yes, that might explain it! OK, I'll see what I can come up with.

John Tatlow

May 29, 2009, 7:47:19 AM5/29/09
On May 29, 12:32 pm, Bob Lombard <thorsteinnos...@vermontel.net>
wrote:
No, as yet there are no messages, but I'll try to remedy that in my
own, very humble way. Don't worry, I shan't call you a "yahoo".

Kirk McElhearn

May 29, 2009, 7:52:27 AM5/29/09
On 2009-05-29 13:42:55 +0200, John Tatlow <j...@manx.net> said:

>>> Good for you, Kirk! I've signed up for this group and I'm more than
>>> happy to abide by the rules. But I'm experiencing a few problems
>>> navigating through it - i.e. I can't find any messages.
>>
>> Cause there aren't any yet. Post one. :-)
>
> Yes, that might explain it! OK, I'll see what I can come up with.

I just posted a test message, and someone else posted one as well.

John Tatlow

May 29, 2009, 8:07:41 AM5/29/09

Alright, Kirk. I'll take a look after I've had a spot of lunch.

notesetter

May 29, 2009, 8:37:51 AM5/29/09
Thanks Kirk!

Just joined and looking forward to following the group.

Bruce

Rich S.

May 29, 2009, 10:13:30 AM5/29/09
Enjoy the discussion that has been liberated from the Abedd.

Rich :))

On Fri, 29 May 2009 12:19:52 +0200, Kirk McElhearn <kir...@gmail.com>

Dave Cook

May 29, 2009, 12:57:25 PM5/29/09
I don't care for the Yahoo groups interface. I've been a member of
the Good Music Guide forum for years. It uses the Simple Machines
Forum software, which is pretty usable. My problem with GMG is that
it attracts its own set of freaks, who seem to be tolerated by the
moderators, but they mostly hang out in the off topic area. I had to
take a break from that forum because it was just raising my blood
pressure.

http://www.good-music-guide.com/community/index.php

Kirk McElhearn

May 29, 2009, 1:06:38 PM5/29/09
On 2009-05-29 18:57:25 +0200, Dave Cook <dav...@gmail.com> said:

> I don't care for the Yahoo groups interface.

Then use it by e-mail.

Dave Cook

May 29, 2009, 1:16:35 PM5/29/09
On May 29, 10:06 am, Kirk McElhearn <kir...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Then use it by e-mail.

I like that even less, because I have to manage the email myself.

Dave Cook

Kirk McElhearn

May 29, 2009, 1:32:26 PM5/29/09
On 2009-05-29 19:16:35 +0200, Dave Cook <dav...@gmail.com> said:

>> Then use it by e-mail.
>
> I like that even less, because I have to manage the email myself.

Wow, that's really tough...

Bob Lombard

May 29, 2009, 1:45:52 PM5/29/09
Kirk McElhearn wrote:
> On 2009-05-29 19:16:35 +0200, Dave Cook <dav...@gmail.com> said:
>
>>> Then use it by e-mail.
>>
>> I like that even less, because I have to manage the email myself.
>
> Wow, that's really tough...
>
> Kirk

Basically my thought, except I couldn't work up the necessary sarcasm. I
managed to formulate 'Jeez, what a bummer', but decided that was too
provocative. Trying to get properly curbed for the yahoo group.

bl

David Cook

May 29, 2009, 3:22:04 PM5/29/09
On 2009-05-29, Kirk McElhearn <kir...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Wow, that's really tough...

I'm just trying to explain why I'm not likely to participate. There's no
reason to get pissy.

Dave Cook

David Cook

May 29, 2009, 3:47:32 PM5/29/09
On 2009-05-29, Kirk McElhearn <kir...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Wow, that's really tough...

I'm not going to go into why my email situation is screwed up at the moment.
I suppose my post came across as unsupportive of your Yahoo endeavor. I'll
try to drop in and check it out later. Good luck.

Dave Cook

Message has been deleted

Gerard

May 29, 2009, 4:11:29 PM5/29/09
Whosis Kid wrote:
> On May 29, 3:47 pm, David Cook <davec...@nowhere.net> wrote:
> Please do. The group is already firing on all cylinders (Martinu,
> Horenstein, etc.). Go for it. Usenet is so 20th century...

Almost all the recordings you've recommended or written about are so 20th
century.
What's _not_ 20th centrury with Yahoo?

> And I'm
> gone from here.
>
> wk
>
> wk

J.Martin

May 29, 2009, 4:34:05 PM5/29/09
On May 29, 3:19 am, Kirk McElhearn <kir...@gmail.com> wrote:
> OK, I went and set one up:

Thanks, Kirk. This is worth a try. Count me in.

JM

Gerard

May 29, 2009, 4:46:40 PM5/29/09
Whosis Kid wrote:
> On May 29, 3:47 pm, David Cook <davec...@nowhere.net> wrote:
>
> Please do. The group is already firing on all cylinders (Martinu,
> Horenstein, etc.). Go for it. Usenet is so 20th century... And I'm

> gone from here.
>
> wk
>
> wk

BTW Thanks very much for the "mistery pianist" and not telling who it is.
Good job.

Gerard

May 29, 2009, 5:38:21 PM5/29/09

Ah, you've told it. One hour after going from here.
Good job.

TareeDawg

May 29, 2009, 5:55:04 PM5/29/09

No way am I going to go back 2 centuries to piddle around with Yahoo. We
have just had a soccer forum (because of costs) change from a private
server to Yahoo, and for me it is pretty well near unusable. If this
forum becomes too messy, then I can wait until it gets back to some
normality. What is the rush?

Ray (Dawg) Hall, Taree

Bob Lombard

May 29, 2009, 6:11:48 PM5/29/09

They probably won't let you write about Doris Day anyway, Ray. Maybe not
Oscar Peterson either. So rmcr still fills a need. Hell, I just
commented on cheese... betcha that wouldn't fly either. Still gotta have
this ng; man doesn't live by CM alone.

bl

William Sommerwerck

May 29, 2009, 9:03:50 PM5/29/09
> No way am I going to go back 2 centuries to piddle around with
> Yahoo. We have just had a soccer forum (because of costs) change
> from a private server to Yahoo, and for me it is pretty well near
unusable.
> If this forum becomes too messy, then I can wait until it gets back to
> some normality.

I belong to one Yahoo! group, and haven't had any problems. One of the nice
things about these groups is that you can see all the contributions to a
given thread, which isn't so easy on UseNet.

> What is the rush?

None, but if we don't move now, we probably never will.

TareeDawg

May 29, 2009, 10:14:44 PM5/29/09

Precisely.
But I won't say anything about the new Radiohead CD I have just collared
at the local brix and mortar. There are prudes here.

Ray (Dawg) Hall, Taree

weary flake

May 30, 2009, 3:04:05 AM5/30/09
Kirk McElhearn <kir...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If enough people join, it could be worthwhile. I'd like to find a few
> additional moderators, so no one person can be accused of being a
> "Napoleon". Any takers?
>
> There won't be much work, other than slapping down those who flame or
> spam. New members have their first posts moderated so early violators
> can be spotted.
>
> Kirk

Why is it FORBIDDEN for non-members to read the articles? Is this
across all yahoo groups or was this "feature" selected for this
group?

Gerard

May 30, 2009, 4:11:18 AM5/30/09

Seconded.

Kirk McElhearn

May 30, 2009, 4:18:06 AM5/30/09
On 2009-05-30 03:03:50 +0200, "William Sommerwerck"
<grizzle...@comcast.net> said:

>> No way am I going to go back 2 centuries to piddle around with
>> Yahoo. We have just had a soccer forum (because of costs) change
>> from a private server to Yahoo, and for me it is pretty well near
> unusable.
>> If this forum becomes too messy, then I can wait until it gets back to
>> some normality.
>
> I belong to one Yahoo! group, and haven't had any problems. One of the nice
> things about these groups is that you can see all the contributions to a
> given thread, which isn't so easy on UseNet.

Yea, what's wrong with Yahoo groups? The biggest advantage is you can
choose to read on the web or via e-mail.

William Sommerwerck

May 30, 2009, 7:14:05 AM5/30/09
I just joined. I just noticed that JP has already posted something,
"warning" the group about the trolls who have migrated.

What is the point of having this new group, if you don't permanently block
individual people? Or is it that someone hasn't gotten around to it?

her...@yahoo.com

May 30, 2009, 7:23:04 AM5/30/09
On 30 mai, 13:14, "William Sommerwerck" <grizzledgee...@comcast.net>
wrote:

I enlisted myself, but frankly why start a new group and let nr 1 ego-
spammer in (think 'industry giant')? It'll be just the same.

herman

td

May 30, 2009, 7:44:55 AM5/30/09
On May 29, 3:54 pm, Whosis Kid <whosiskid2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 29, 3:47 pm, David Cook <davec...@nowhere.net> wrote:
>
> Please do. The group is already firing on all cylinders (Martinu,
> Horenstein, etc.). Go for it. Usenet is so 20th century... And I'm
> gone from here.

Be still, my heart.

TD

Kirk McElhearn

May 30, 2009, 7:45:28 AM5/30/09
On 2009-05-30 13:14:05 +0200, "William Sommerwerck"
<grizzle...@comcast.net> said:

If people are not civil, they will be banned immediately. For now,
everyone has been civil.

td

May 30, 2009, 7:48:39 AM5/30/09
On May 30, 7:45 am, Kirk McElhearn <kir...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2009-05-30 13:14:05 +0200, "William Sommerwerck"
> <grizzledgee...@comcast.net> said:
>
> > I just joined. I just noticed that JP has already posted something,
> > "warning" the group about the trolls who have migrated.
>
> > What is the point of having this new group, if you don't permanently block
> > individual people? Or is it that someone hasn't gotten around to it?
>
> If people are not civil, they will be banned immediately. For now,
> everyone has been civil.

One man's "civil" is another man's prissy.

TD

William Sommerwerck

May 30, 2009, 7:56:57 AM5/30/09
>> What is the point of having this new group, if you don't permanently
>> block individual people? Or is it that someone hasn't gotten around
>> to it?

> If people are not civil, they will be banned immediately. For now,
> everyone has been civil.

I thought the point of a new group was to get rid of Jeffrey Powell, once
and for all -- not to give him a second chance.

Regardless, it might be a good idea to post an item about what you consider
uncivil behavior.

richardmathisen

May 30, 2009, 8:03:38 AM5/30/09
Kirk,

Thanks for setting up the new group. Seems good so far!

I especially appreciate the fact that the posts in the new group so
far are civil and avoid gutter language.

The absense of spam and crazy off-topic posts is also a blessing.

Best wishes!

Dick Mathisen

On May 29, 6:19 am, Kirk McElhearn <kir...@gmail.com> wrote:
> OK, I went and set one up:

> If enough people join, it could be worthwhile. I'd like to find a few
> additional moderators, so no one person can be accused of being a
> "Napoleon". Any takers?
>
> There won't be much work, other than slapping down those who flame or
> spam. New members have their first posts moderated so early violators
> can be spotted.

td

May 30, 2009, 8:23:14 AM5/30/09
On May 30, 7:56 am, "William Sommerwerck" <grizzledgee...@comcast.net>
wrote:

The past twenty years has seen the comination of all talk by what we
call PC. I hate the very idea of PC, that people should be inhibited
by anything, including the collective feeling of the populace about
what is correct and what is not correct. PC means the death of ideas.

So, I suspect that you would have the domination of such a notion by
the "moderator" of any Yahoo Group.

Hell would be a more pleasant place to spend time, in my opinion.

TD

Rugby

May 30, 2009, 8:23:19 AM5/30/09
On May 30, 2:04 am, weary flake <wearyfl...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Why is it FORBIDDEN for non-members to read the articles?  Is this
> across all yahoo groups or was this "feature" selected for this
> group?

From experience with several Yahoo groups, you have to be a member of
the group to read the messages.

Rugby

Rugby

May 30, 2009, 8:25:40 AM5/30/09
On May 30, 6:45 am, Kirk McElhearn <kir...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If people are not civil, they will be banned immediately. For now,
> everyone has been civil.

Maybe the looming threat will work, where lack of moderation did
not,and I hope so, but I suspect you'll be busy and need help.

Rugby

Frank Berger

May 30, 2009, 9:13:01 AM5/30/09

If this was on the new Yahoo group, Kirk would have to ban himself for that
sarcastic remark.

Kirk McElhearn

May 30, 2009, 9:14:27 AM5/30/09
On 2009-05-30 13:56:57 +0200, "William Sommerwerck"
<grizzle...@comcast.net> said:

I think that will be obvious if and when it occurs...

Kirk McElhearn

May 30, 2009, 9:15:06 AM5/30/09
On 2009-05-30 15:13:01 +0200, "Frank Berger" <frank.d...@dal.frb.org> said:

>>> Wow, that's really tough...
>>
>> I'm just trying to explain why I'm not likely to participate.
>> There's no reason to get pissy.
>>
>> Dave Cook
>
> If this was on the new Yahoo group, Kirk would have to ban himself for that
> sarcastic remark.

It wasn't meant to be sarcastic. I just don't see any difficulty in
managing e-mail, but perhaps for some people it's hard.

William Sommerwerck

May 30, 2009, 9:16:47 AM5/30/09
"td" <tomde...@mac.com> wrote in message

I detest "political correctness", and agree that it can be an excuse for not
addressing important issues. In a democracy, no one has the right to not
being offended by what someone else says.

But...

Though it might be difficult to establish an unambiguous definition of
rudeness and incivility, asking people to be reasonably courteous is not --
when discussing classical recordings, anyway -- a bar to the free exchange
of views. There is no need, point, or use in calling someone else stupid or
lacking in taste for not agreeing with your view of a particular composer or
performer.

William Sommerwerck

May 30, 2009, 9:20:35 AM5/30/09

>>> If people are not civil, they will be banned immediately. For now,
>>> everyone has been civil.

>> I thought the point of a new group was to get rid of Jeffrey Powell, once
>> and for all -- not to give him a second chance.

>> Regardless, it might be a good idea to post an item about what
>> you consider uncivil behavior.

> I think that will be obvious if and when it occurs...

I would like to be as sanguine about it, but I'm not the only one who's seen
(in other groups) what they consider an inconsistent application of unstated
rules.

I urge the moderator to post examples of what he considers bad behavior. If
anyone disagrees, they can argue. And we'll all have a better idea of what's
expected.

Norman M. Schwartz

May 30, 2009, 9:26:14 AM5/30/09
Kirk McElhearn wrote:
> On 2009-05-30 03:03:50 +0200, "William Sommerwerck"
> <grizzle...@comcast.net> said:
>
>>> No way am I going to go back 2 centuries to piddle around with
>>> Yahoo. We have just had a soccer forum (because of costs) change
>>> from a private server to Yahoo, and for me it is pretty well near
>>> unusable. If this forum becomes too messy, then I can wait until it
>>> gets back to some normality.
>>
>> I belong to one Yahoo! group, and haven't had any problems. One of
>> the nice things about these groups is that you can see all the
>> contributions to a given thread, which isn't so easy on UseNet.
>
> Yea, what's wrong with Yahoo groups? The biggest advantage is you can
> choose to read on the web or via e-mail.

Do you mean in one's Yahoo mailbox or "webmail"?

> Kirk

Kirk McElhearn

May 30, 2009, 9:30:57 AM5/30/09
On 2009-05-30 15:26:14 +0200, "Norman M. Schwartz" <nm...@optonline.net> said:

>> Yea, what's wrong with Yahoo groups? The biggest advantage is you can
>> choose to read on the web or via e-mail.
>>

> Do you mean in one's Yahoo mailbox or "webmail"?

In your e-mail client.

Bob Lombard

May 30, 2009, 9:54:44 AM5/30/09
Kirk McElhearn wrote:

>>> I'm just trying to explain why I'm not likely to participate.
>>> There's no reason to get pissy.
>>>
>>> Dave Cook
>>
>> If this was on the new Yahoo group, Kirk would have to ban himself for
>> that
>> sarcastic remark.
>
> It wasn't meant to be sarcastic. I just don't see any difficulty in
> managing e-mail, but perhaps for some people it's hard.
>
> Kirk

That response is a clue/indicator of an attitude I should have noticed
earlier - not unique to Kirk, but the methodology of the PC insult. Out
here in the sticks, its mostly the lawyers and recent immigrants who
practice it.

bl

Norman M. Schwartz

May 30, 2009, 9:54:28 AM5/30/09
Kirk McElhearn wrote:
> On 2009-05-30 15:26:14 +0200, "Norman M. Schwartz"
> <nm...@optonline.net> said:
>>> Yea, what's wrong with Yahoo groups? The biggest advantage is you
>>> can choose to read on the web or via e-mail.
>>>

>> Do you mean in one's Yahoo mailbox or "webmail"?
>
> In your e-mail client.

I believe then my email client (OE) delivers it to my Yahoo mailbox. I only
was ableto see Yahoo group messages in my Yahoo mailbox or via webmail by
crossing over my Yahoo email with my optimumonline email. (It could have
been crossed over to my gmail or AOL mail as well.) I believe my e-mail
"client" is OE. Whenever I attempted to use a different client it slowed
down my computer nearly to a halt. I use "optimum.on line-boost" to access
the internet, so I believe my download speed is as fast as any cable modem
can afford.

> Kirk

Norman M. Schwartz

May 30, 2009, 9:57:27 AM5/30/09

In NYC you would have to be "prissy" not to practice it.

> bl

her...@yahoo.com

May 30, 2009, 10:04:51 AM5/30/09
I understand Kirk's wish to be fair at the start of a new forum, but
nonetheless it is a mistake in practical terms to allow a certain
industry giant to register. Every post of this guy will have to be
monitored, some needling will occur and soon the problems will arise.
A waste of time, IMO.

Herman

Gerard

May 30, 2009, 10:27:33 AM5/30/09

What about 2 "Teppers"?

A N Other

May 30, 2009, 10:30:08 AM5/30/09

Um, er, an hour is a long time in........

td

May 30, 2009, 10:31:09 AM5/30/09

What "industry giant" are you referring to? Surely not I, who has not
been for eight years and is not now and will never again be a part of
the music industry.

Are you speaking of Robert von Bahr, perhaps? He's in the industry,
but not a giant, no slight intended, of course. Or Jeffrey Powell? He
never has been, is not now, nor will he ever be an "industry giant".

Industry giants of my acquaintance? Peter Andry, Bronfman, Walter
Legge. But they are few and far between. And many are dead.

TD

Kirk McElhearn

May 30, 2009, 10:35:05 AM5/30/09
On 2009-05-30 15:54:28 +0200, "Norman M. Schwartz" <nm...@optonline.net> said:

> I believe then my email client (OE) delivers it to my Yahoo mailbox. I only
> was ableto see Yahoo group messages in my Yahoo mailbox or via webmail by
> crossing over my Yahoo email with my optimumonline email. (It could have
> been crossed over to my gmail or AOL mail as well.) I believe my e-mail
> "client" is OE. Whenever I attempted to use a different client it slowed
> down my computer nearly to a halt. I use "optimum.on line-boost" to access
> the internet, so I believe my download speed is as fast as any cable modem
> can afford.

Sorry, I don't get it. Just set your Yahoo profile to use the e-mail
address you use the most (or that you want to use for things like
this). It doesn't have to be a Yahoo e-mail address. You can use any

ansermetniac

May 30, 2009, 10:36:30 AM5/30/09
On Sat, 30 May 2009 07:31:09 -0700 (PDT), td <tomde...@mac.com>
wrote:

How do musicians make music? Equipment, you moron

Your denying my place in the industry shows one thing, ignorance

You implied you were a giant and legend
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Please explain your accomplishments that changed the industry. Besides
losing money on GPOC and killing all future products of that scope

Abbedd

Kirk McElhearn

May 30, 2009, 11:01:49 AM5/30/09
On 2009-05-30 14:03:38 +0200, richardmathisen
<richard....@ecunet.org> said:

> I especially appreciate the fact that the posts in the new group so
> far are civil and avoid gutter language.

Yes, so far. Though I've already had to ban Answermaniac; not for
gutter language, but it was clear that his confrontational tone was a
prelude to his usual spoutings...

ansermetniac

May 30, 2009, 11:16:10 AM5/30/09
On Sat, 30 May 2009 17:01:49 +0200, Kirk McElhearn <kir...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On 2009-05-30 14:03:38 +0200, richardmathisen
><richard....@ecunet.org> said:
>
>> I especially appreciate the fact that the posts in the new group so
>> far are civil and avoid gutter language.
>
>Yes, so far. Though I've already had to ban Answermaniac; not for
>gutter language, but it was clear that his confrontational tone was a
>prelude to his usual spoutings...
>
>Kirk

You banned me because I would not bow down to Kirk the Fuhrer.

Why warn someone who is civil about non-civility and then when
questioned about it give another warning

You started the group for a power trip and I would not play along

How many conflicting rules about Music files did you give, you
incompetent tinpot

Do I need to be a member of a rmcr clone ? Of course not.You should
be sued for false advertising.It is a pompous putz forum with all your
RMCR trolls to suck your dick

My expertise scares the shit out of you so I had to go. I did not
think you would panic so soon,though

>?but it was clear that his confrontational tone was a

>prelude to his usual spoutings...

Since you can see into the future, tell us all how the economy will
turn out and will Obama be re-elected or will Jeb Bush be the next
leader of the FSA

Abbedd

Bob Harper

May 30, 2009, 11:16:42 AM5/30/09
her...@yahoo.com wrote:
> On 30 mai, 13:14, "William Sommerwerck" <grizzledgee...@comcast.net>

> wrote:
>> I just joined. I just noticed that JP has already posted something,
>> "warning" the group about the trolls who have migrated.
>>
>> What is the point of having this new group, if you don't permanently block
>> individual people? Or is it that someone hasn't gotten around to it?
>
> I enlisted myself, but frankly why start a new group and let nr 1 ego-
> spammer in (think 'industry giant')? It'll be just the same.
>
> herman

He's been kicked out, at least there's a post from Kirk to that effect.

Bob Harper

ansermetniac

May 30, 2009, 11:19:05 AM5/30/09

And what did the Fuhrer say?

Abbedd

her...@yahoo.com

May 30, 2009, 11:22:21 AM5/30/09
On 30 mai, 17:19, ansermetniac <ansermetn...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> >He's been kicked out, at least there's a post from Kirk to that effect.
>
> >Bob Harper
>
> And what did the Fuhrer say?
>
> Abbedd

Have a nice day, if I recall.

Herman

goldenc...@gmail.com

May 30, 2009, 11:26:33 AM5/30/09
On May 29, 3:11 pm, Bob Lombard <thorsteinnos...@vermontel.net> wrote:

> TareeDawg wrote:
>
> > No way am I going to go back 2 centuries to piddle around with Yahoo. We
> > have just had a soccer forum (because of costs) change from a private
> > server to Yahoo, and for me it is pretty well near unusable. If this
> > forum becomes too messy, then I can wait until it gets back to some

> > normality. What is the rush?
>
> > Ray (Dawg) Hall, Taree
>
> They probably won't let you write about Doris Day anyway, Ray. Maybe not
> Oscar Peterson either. So rmcr still fills a need. Hell, I just
> commented on cheese... betcha that wouldn't fly either. Still gotta have
> this ng; man doesn't live by CM alone.
>
> bl

I agree with both Gentlemen. It may be a bit of a nusiance t sift
through the *nonsense*, but it still ain't as painful as a toothache.
And sometimes these OT posts are quite humorous...including the posts
about OT posts...!!! ;^)

www.Shemakhan.com

ansermetniac

May 30, 2009, 11:27:21 AM5/30/09

Please post his post

It is too much trouble to get a new Yahoo id and rejoin

Who will be next to be banned for not sucking Kirk's dick

Abbedd

Norman M. Schwartz

May 30, 2009, 11:28:48 AM5/30/09

Thanks Kirk, I believe I tried that and failed, but I'll attempt it again.

> Kirk

goldenc...@gmail.com

May 30, 2009, 11:30:39 AM5/30/09
On May 29, 7:14 pm, TareeDawg <rayto...@bigpond.com> wrote:

> But I won't say anything about the new Radiohead CD I have just collared
> at the local brix and mortar. There are prudes here.
>
> Ray (Dawg) Hall, Taree

I guess the *classicism* of Green Day's new 21st CENTURY BREAKDOWN is
out too. ;^)

www.Shemakhan.com

May 30, 2009, 11:38:57 AM5/30/09
In article <u5cUl.37483$2p1....@en-nntp-08.dc1.easynews.com>, Bob
Harper <bob.h...@comcast.net> wrote:

Hey, it was nice and quiet in here for about a day or so. Put him back
in. :-)

-Owen

Bob Lombard

May 30, 2009, 12:05:55 PM5/30/09

Jeffrey's only chance to stay in that group was if it allowed upload
links. It is possible that he could have avoided posting the other stuff
there. That other stuff would still be here. Now links are banned, so
all of Jeffrey is here. You must live with it.

bl

ansermetniac

May 30, 2009, 12:11:36 PM5/30/09

Why couldn't I post a topic for discussion-AS I DID

Answer

King Kirk doesn't want anyone with expertise there ruining his
fantasy trip

Are your surprised how quick he panicked to ban me without reason

Abbedd

Matthew�B.�Tepper

May 30, 2009, 12:12:01 PM5/30/09
richardmathisen <richard....@ecunet.org> appears to have caused the
following letters to be typed in news:beb4c4ed-9659-4ef0-8b75-
f070c5...@s21g2000vbb.googlegroups.com:

> Kirk,
>
> Thanks for setting up the new group. Seems good so far!

> I especially appreciate the fact that the posts in the new group so
> far are civil and avoid gutter language.
>

> The absense of spam and crazy off-topic posts is also a blessing.

Indeed. Even before his latest tirades, I had been getting tired of this
being "rec.whatever-kind-of-music-jeffrey-wants-to-go-on-about."

Opinions expressed here are not necessarily those of my employers

Matthew�B.�Tepper

May 30, 2009, 12:12:00 PM5/30/09
"William Sommerwerck" <grizzle...@comcast.net> appears to have caused the
following letters to be typed in news:gvr4eh$n2p$1...@news.eternal-
september.org:

> I just joined. I just noticed that JP has already posted something,
> "warning" the group about the trolls who have migrated.

The fool, using a commonly-understood term to denote exactly the opposite
idea from what it actually means.

> What is the point of having this new group, if you don't permanently block
> individual people? Or is it that someone hasn't gotten around to it?

And Proty is there, too, under its current name of "John Tatlow." Remember,
this is a kook which habitually makes ingratiating posts and ostensibly
"friendly" emails, under a variety of aliases (John Bennett, Amanda, Alfred
Meier, etc.), and then dies and comes back again, like Reginald Perrin faking
his death and attending his own funeral under the guise of Martin Wellborn.
That may sound harmless, but consider that it is supremely manipulative, and
I wouldn't trust any opinions espoused by such a person.

Worse, Proty has threatened me and perhaps one other person here with
blackmail (in my case, a nonexistent "police record" which in reality
consists of two parking tickets and one speeding ticket). I do not regard
that as the act of a harmless person.

Matthew�B.�Tepper

May 30, 2009, 12:12:00 PM5/30/09

>>> I thought the point of a new group was to get rid of Jeffrey Powell,
>>> once and for all -- not to give him a second chance.
>
>>> Regardless, it might be a good idea to post an item about what
>>> you consider uncivil behavior.
>
>> I think that will be obvious if and when it occurs...
>
> I would like to be as sanguine about it, but I'm not the only one who's
> seen (in other groups) what they consider an inconsistent application of
> unstated rules.
>
> I urge the moderator to post examples of what he considers bad behavior.
> If anyone disagrees, they can argue. And we'll all have a better idea of
> what's expected.

Well, the banned person's posts were still visible, at least as of a few
minutes ago.

ansermetniac

May 30, 2009, 12:21:13 PM5/30/09
On Sat, 30 May 2009 11:12:01 -0500, "Matthew�B.�Tepper"
<oy�@earthlink.net> wrote:

>richardmathisen <richard....@ecunet.org> appears to have caused the
>following letters to be typed in news:beb4c4ed-9659-4ef0-8b75-
>f070c5...@s21g2000vbb.googlegroups.com:
>
>> Kirk,
>>
>> Thanks for setting up the new group. Seems good so far!
>>
>> I especially appreciate the fact that the posts in the new group so
>> far are civil and avoid gutter language.
>>
>> The absense of spam and crazy off-topic posts is also a blessing.
>
>Indeed. Even before his latest tirades, I had been getting tired of this
>being "rec.whatever-kind-of-music-jeffrey-wants-to-go-on-about."

I took a lesson with Laszlo Varga- I DON'T HAVE TO PUT UP WITH THAT

Now where is my valium and Krispy Kreemes

Abbedd

John Tatlow

May 30, 2009, 12:28:47 PM5/30/09
On May 30, 5:12 pm, "Matthew B. Tepper" <oyþ@earthlink.net> wrote:

> And Proty is there, too, under its current name of "John Tatlow."

Enjoying yourself? I've aleady told Ludwig that I've never, repeat
never posted under another name. Nor have I threatened anyone. I
invited Ludwig to email me and I now extend that invitation to you. If
you ask nicely, I might give you my phone number and we can chat in a
civilised manner (if you're capable of such a feat). On the other
hand, there are plenty of on line directories and you can find my
number easily if you search for Tatlow, J.C, in Douglas.

patterbear

May 30, 2009, 12:30:25 PM5/30/09

Then it is already a better group than this one. Which means it works.
Todd

ansermetniac

May 30, 2009, 12:35:25 PM5/30/09

Re?

Abbedd

Gerard

May 30, 2009, 12:52:42 PM5/30/09

Isn't there a Giant & Legend lobby for you?
But you know very well that it is all anti-semitism.
You should go whining at the door of the Jewish Congress or some institution
like that.

ansermetniac

May 30, 2009, 1:13:01 PM5/30/09

Doesn't The Netherlands have ports or is it land locked? .Surely you
have access to recordings so you can learn more songs than you
currently sing

Abbedd

John Tatlow

May 30, 2009, 1:45:08 PM5/30/09
On May 30, 5:52 pm, "Gerard" <ghen_nospam_drik...@hotmail.com>

Of course there's a lobby for him! Tepper [allegedly] works for a
human rights organisation and I'm sure he'd be only too happy to help
out - unless he kill-files his clients.

ansermetniac

May 30, 2009, 3:01:33 PM5/30/09
On Sat, 30 May 2009 10:45:08 -0700 (PDT), John Tatlow <j...@manx.net>
wrote:

His employer Ellie Wiesenthall was a coward and killfiled the nazi
criminals, in a parallel universe of course

Abbedd

John Tatlow

May 30, 2009, 3:12:44 PM5/30/09

Wiesenthal - that's name I was trying to recall. I'm sure it's where
Tepper "works", although how much he actually does between seemingly
endless posts about bugger-all in particular must remain a matter for
conjecture.

JR Richards

May 30, 2009, 3:19:14 PM5/30/09

Speaking of which...when you were Dave's bitch, did you swallow?

ansermetniac

May 30, 2009, 3:20:57 PM5/30/09
On Sat, 30 May 2009 12:12:44 -0700 (PDT), John Tatlow <j...@manx.net>
wrote:

>On May 30, 8:01�pm, ansermetniac <ansermetn...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, 30 May 2009 10:45:08 -0700 (PDT), John Tatlow <j...@manx.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >On May 30, 5:52�pm, "Gerard" <ghen_nospam_drik...@hotmail.com>
>>
>> >Of course there's a lobby for him! Tepper [allegedly] works for a
>> >human rights organisation and I'm sure he'd be only too happy to help
>> >out - unless he kill-files his clients.
>>
>> His employer Ellie Wiesenthall was a coward and killfiled the nazi
>> criminals, in a parallel universe of course
>>
>> Abbedd
>
>Wiesenthal - that's name I was trying to recall. I'm sure it's where
>Tepper "works", although how much he actually does between seemingly
>endless posts about bugger-all in particular must remain a matter for
>conjecture.

He is supposedly an IT man there. He must have gotten in there because
he lacked a forseskin. Reverse discrimination

They don't know he is really adopted. No Yiddeshe kopf, even a chrain
brain is that stupid

Abbedd

John Tatlow

May 30, 2009, 3:36:46 PM5/30/09
> Abbedd- Hide quoted text -

No, not completely stupid; he thinks he owns Usenet, that's all.

M forever

May 30, 2009, 3:58:17 PM5/30/09
On May 30, 11:16 am, ansermetniac <ansermetn...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 30 May 2009 17:01:49 +0200, Kirk McElhearn <kir...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >On 2009-05-30 14:03:38 +0200, richardmathisen

> ><richard.mathi...@ecunet.org> said:
>
> >> I especially appreciate the fact that the posts in the new group so
> >> far are civil and avoid gutter language.
>
> >Yes, so far. Though I've already had to ban Answermaniac; not for
> >gutter language, but it was clear that his confrontational tone was a
> >prelude to his usual spoutings...
>
> >Kirk
>
> You banned me because I would not bow down to Kirk the Fuhrer.
>
> Why warn someone who is civil about non-civility and then when
> questioned about it give another warning
>
> You started the group for a power trip and I would not play along
>
> How many conflicting rules about Music files did you give, you
> incompetent tinpot
>
> Do I need to be  a member of a rmcr clone ? Of course not.You should
> be sued for false advertising.It is a pompous putz forum with all your
> RMCR trolls to suck your dick
>
> My expertise scares the shit out of you so I had to go. I did not
> think you would panic so soon,though
>
> >?but it was clear that his confrontational tone was a
> >prelude to his usual spoutings...
>
> Since you can see into the future, tell us all how the economy will
> turn out and will Obama be re-elected or will Jeb Bush be the next
> leader of the FSA
>
> Abbedd

Seriously now, I couldn't believe how you immediately had to start
posting your remasturbated "Uncle Ernie" recordings, pontificate about
his "method", tell us that no one today can play instruments anymore
and therefore they have to audition behind a screen and all that
nonsense. You even had to talk about your extreme "experience" and
"expertise" in your very first posts.
You really are one sick and twisted little piece of human crap. You
really can't help it.

Bob Lombard

May 30, 2009, 3:58:50 PM5/30/09

MBT is not at all stupid. He reads and appreciates science fiction, from
the years before it became 'science' fantasy. He may be tainted by
urbanization, but most of the posters here seem to have that problem.

bl

ansermetniac

May 30, 2009, 4:03:16 PM5/30/09
On Sat, 30 May 2009 15:58:50 -0400, Bob Lombard
<thorste...@vermontel.net> wrote:

>MBT is not at all stupid.

For a Jew, he is. For a gentile, I don't know

Seriously, he suffers from a grave disease, total pompousness

Dave Guardala used to call these people S.I.P.s

Self important pigs

Abbedd

td

May 30, 2009, 4:27:04 PM5/30/09
On May 30, 11:01 am, Kirk McElhearn <kir...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2009-05-30 14:03:38 +0200, richardmathisen
> <richard.mathi...@ecunet.org> said:
>
> > I especially appreciate the fact that the posts in the new group so
> > far are civil and avoid gutter language.
>
> Yes, so far. Though I've already had to ban Answermaniac; not for
> gutter language, but it was clear that his confrontational tone was a
> prelude to his usual spoutings...

So, you ban Jeffrey Powell IN ANTICIPATION OF BAD BEHAVIOUR?

This is precisely the high-handed behaviour of a Yahoo Groups Napoleon-
styled bully.

No way, Jose.

TD

Bob Harper

May 30, 2009, 4:30:41 PM5/30/09

His post on the subject to *this* group follows. Given your generl
demeanor recently, I don't doubt he had cause.

Bob Harper

On 2009-05-30 14:03:38 +0200, richardmathisen

<richard....@ecunet.org> said:

> I especially appreciate the fact that the posts in the new group so
> far are civil and avoid gutter language.

Yes, so far. Though I've already had to ban Answermaniac; not for gutter
language, but it was clear that his confrontational tone was a prelude
to his usual spoutings...

Kirk
--
Kirkville: http://www.mcelhearn.com
Writings about more than just Macs

ansermetniac

May 30, 2009, 4:31:42 PM5/30/09
On Sat, 30 May 2009 13:27:04 -0700 (PDT), td <tomde...@mac.com>
wrote:

Even though Tommy and I have a love-hate relationship wit hate being
feautured, he and I know bullshit when we see it.

Now that you are in a civil mood,let me ask you a question

Many reel to reesl , espoecially rock, were sold at 3 3/4 ips. How
much did they save by not using 7 1/2 ips and the extra tape.Pennies?

Abbedd

ansermetniac

May 30, 2009, 4:36:02 PM5/30/09
On Sat, 30 May 2009 13:30:41 -0700, Bob Harper
<bob.h...@comcast.net> wrote:

>ansermetniac wrote:

>>> Have a nice day, if I recall.
>>>
>>> Herman
>>

>> Please post his post
>>
>> It is too much trouble to get a new Yahoo id and rejoin
>>
>> Who will be next to be banned for not sucking Kirk's dick
>>
>> Abbedd
>>

>His post on the subject to *this* group follows. Given your generl
>demeanor recently, I don't doubt he had cause.

Lombard and Deacon disagree with you

Deacon has more character than you-nah nah na nan ya

Abbedd

JR Richards

May 30, 2009, 5:05:27 PM5/30/09
On 2009-05-30 16:03:16 -0400, ansermetniac <anserm...@hotmail.com> said:

> Dave Guardala used to call these people S.I.P.s

He used to call you his bitch.

John Tatlow

May 30, 2009, 5:08:06 PM5/30/09
On May 30, 8:58 pm, Bob Lombard <thorsteinnos...@vermontel.net> wrote:

> He may be tainted by urbanization, but most of the posters here seem to have that problem.

> bl

With a few honourable exceptions....

M forever

May 30, 2009, 5:43:57 PM5/30/09
On May 30, 5:05 pm, JR Richards <jricha...@hotmail.comm> wrote:

> On 2009-05-30 16:03:16 -0400, ansermetniac <ansermetn...@hotmail.com> said:
>

> > Dave Guardala used to call these people S.I.P.s
>
> He used to call you his bitch.

Or more precisely, M.L.B. "My Little Bitch".
Do you miss those nights at the office, Ansermetniac, when he called
you in after a hard day's work at the mouthpiece grinding machine, and
told you "since you are the world's greatest expert for mouthpieces,
come in and blow my mouthpiece, M.L.B."?
I bet you do. Good old times.

Matthew�B.�Tepper

May 30, 2009, 5:52:27 PM5/30/09
Bob Lombard <thorste...@vermontel.net> appears to have caused the
following letters to be typed in news:JdgUl.58468$Tp1.47965@en-nntp-
01.dc1.easynews.com:

> MBT is not at all stupid. He reads and appreciates science fiction, from
> the years before it became 'science' fantasy. He may be tainted by
> urbanization, but most of the posters here seem to have that problem.

Thanks, Bob, although I feel that I have other good points, such as, uhh,
well, er .... Thanks, Bob.

Brendan R. Wehrung

May 31, 2009, 2:09:34 AM5/31/09
"J.Martin" (mista...@yahoo.com) writes:
> On May 29, 3:19=A0am, Kirk McElhearn <kir...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> OK, I went and set one up:

> Thanks, Kirk. This is worth a try. Count me in.
>
> JM

Just joined.

Brendan