Westminster Legacy box #2 (Korean) - Orchestral - 65 CDs - due 12/25/2012

randy...@gmail.com

Dec 10, 2012, 12:39:17 PM12/10/12
Found on both Tower Japan and HMV Japan today:

http://tower.jp/item/3193383

http://tinyurl.com/a4w6gn2

HMV has a large-than-usual mutli-buy special on now, 40% for 4 or more items.
Reduces teh price of these boxes considerably.

wade

Dec 10, 2012, 1:47:47 PM12/10/12
saw the chamber music box on US amazon for 289. DAMN THAT'S PRICEY!

td

Dec 10, 2012, 2:17:20 PM12/10/12
GAD!!!

TD

td

Dec 10, 2012, 2:19:30 PM12/10/12

wade

Dec 10, 2012, 2:34:55 PM12/10/12
167.75 is better than 289, but would my US expedited shipping cover things ordered from Amazon JP????

randy...@gmail.com

Dec 12, 2012, 6:17:53 PM12/12/12
On Monday, December 10, 2012 9:39:17 AM UTC-8, randy...@gmail.com wrote:
Found on both Tower Japan and HMV Japan today:

http://tower.jp/item/3193383

http://tinyurl.com/a4w6gn2

I think the Scherchen material is the most attractive part of this box to me.

Contents :

CD1 & 2
Symphony No. 8: Bruckner
Orchestra Munich Philharmonic
Hans Knappertsbusch (conductor)
Recorded in January 1963; Bavaria Studio, Munich

CD3 & 4
Symphony No. 9 Beethoven:
Beethoven: Symphony No. 9 (rehearsal)
Elisabeth Zee Norderstedt tray system (soprano)
Regina Resnik (contralto)
Jon Vickers (tenor)
David Ward (bass)
Choir London Bach
London Symphony Orchestra
Pierre Monteux (conductor)
Recorded in June 1962; Walthamstow Assembly Hall, London

CD5 & 6
Op.17 "Romeo and Juliet" symphony dramatic: Berlioz
Regina Resnik (contralto)
Andre Amitabh (tenor)
David Ward (bass)
Chorus & London Symphony Orchestra
Pierre Monteux (conductor)
Recorded in June 1962; Walthamstow Assembly Hall, London

CD7 & 8
Op.36 Symphony No. 4 Tchaikovsky:
Op.64 Symphony No. 5 Tchaikovsky:
"Pathetique" Op.74: Symphony No. 6 Tchaikovsky
Royal Philharmonic Orchestra Harmony
Artur Rodzinski (conductor)
Recorded in September 20,23 and 25,1956 (Symphony 4) / October 2 and 3,1954 (Symphony 5) / October 3 and 4,1954 (Symphony 6); Walthamstow Assembly Hall, London

CD9 & 10
J.S. Bach:
BWV1066 Suite No. 1 Orchestral Suite
BWV1067 Suite No. 2 Orchestral Suite
BWV1068 Suite No. 3 Orchestral Suite
BWV1069 No. 4 Suite Orchestral Suite
Orchestra English Baroque
Hermann Scherchen (conductor)
Recorded in September 1954

CD11 & 12
BWV1080 Art of Fugue: J.S Bach
Members of Symphony Orchestra and the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra Vienna Radio
Herbert Tachezi (harpsichord)
Hermann Scherchen (conductor)
Recorded in June 1965; Mozartsaal, Vienna

CD13 & 14
"Resurrection": Symphony No. 2 Mahler
Coertse Mimi (soprano)
Lucretia West (mezzo-soprano)
Chamber Choir Vienna Academy
Vienna State Opera Orchestra
Hermann Scherchen (conductor)
Recorded on June 10 and 11,1958; Mozartsaal, Vienna

CD15 & 16
Mahler: Symphony No. 5, Symphony No. 10
Orchestra of the Vienna State Opera
Hermann Scherchen (conductor)
Recorded in July 1953; Mozartsaal, Vienna

CD17 & 18
Brandenburg Concertos: J.S Bach
BWV1046 No. 1
No. 2, BWV1047
BWV1048 No.3
No.4 BWV1049
BWV1050 No.5
BWV1051 No. 6
Willy Bosukofusuki (violin)
Jürg Schaeftlein (oboe)
Carl Dvorak (bassoon)
Bach and Franz Mayer Franz Koch (Horn)
Franz · Hollerith check (harpsichord)
Alfred Scherbaum (trumpet)
Camilo Vu~anauseku (flute)
Richard Harand (cello)
Paul Ungerer & Carl port Secrets Mueller (recorder)
George Malcolm (harpsichord)
Ernst & Eduardo Kiss Raab (viola)
Beatrice Reichelt & Elizabeth Pradesh Rain tour (Gamba)
Burkhard · Kureutora (contrabass bus)
Members of Orchestra of the Vienna State Opera
Hermann Scherchen (conductor)
Recorded in March 1960

CD19 & 20
Arute~yuru-Honegger:
Fragments a symphony of three
Prelude for of "The Tempest" drama of Shake peer
"Pastoral" Summer Symphonic Poem
Song of joy
Igor Stravinsky:
Suite Birds of Fire
Petrushka (1911 version)
Royal Philharmonic Orchestra Harmony
Hermann Scherchen (conductor)
Recorded in September 1954; Walthamstow Hall, London

CD21
Wagner:
Prelude to the first act - "Die Meistersinger von Nurnberg" musical drama
Overture to "Tannhauser" - opera
Prelude and Liebestod - "Tristan and Isolde" opera
Prelude to the first act of "Parsifal" -
Orchestra Munich Philharmonic
Hans Knappertsbusch (conductor)
Recorded in November 1962; Bavaria Studio, Munich

CD22
Wagner:
Overture to "Rienzi" - opera
Overture ~ opera "Dutch Wandering"
Idyll Siegfried
Prelude to the first act of "Lohengrin" - opera
Munich Philharmonic Orchestra
Hans · Knappertsbusch (conductor)
Recorded in November 1962; Bavaria Studio, Munich

CD23
Frank:
Symphony in D minor
"Hunter cursed" symphonic poem
Dan Theater Orchestra song the Vienna State
Artur Rodzinski (conductor)
Recorded in June 27 to July 11,1954; Mozartsaal and Konzerthaus, Vienna

CD24
Bizet:
Suite "Carmen"
Suite "The Woman in the Arles"
Royal Philharmonic Orchestra Harmony
Artur Rodzinski (conductor)
Recorded in October 1954; Walthamstow Hall, London

CD25
Songs Slavonic Dances DVORAK:
Slavonic Dances Op.46, B.83
Op.72 Slavonic Dances, B.147
Orchestra Royal Philharmonic Harmony
Artur Rodzinski (conductor)
Recorded in April 8 to May 27,1955 (Op.46 & Op.72-1, 2,3,4,6,7); May 6,1955 (Op.72-5, 8); Walthamstow Hall, London

CD26
Works: Johann Strauss 2
Suite "Rosenkavalier": Richard Strauss
(Artur Rodzinski & Leonard Bernstein Arranger)
Orchestra Royal Philharmonic Harmony
Artur Rodzinski (conductor)
Recorded in April and May 1955; Walthamstow Hall, London

CD27
Kodaly:
Dances of Galanta
Dances Maroshuseku
Suite "Hary Janos"
Orchestra Royal Philharmonic Harmony
Al Tours · rosin ski (conductor)
Recorded in April and May 1955; Walthamstow Hall, London

CD28
Op.47: Symphony No. 5 Shostakovich
Orchestra Royal Philharmonic Harmony
Al Tours · rosin ski (conductor)
Recorded in October 1954; Walthamstow Hall, London

CD29
Night on Bare Mountain: Mussorgsky (arr. Rimsky-Korsakov)
Op.10 landscape of Caucasus: Mikhail Deutscher poly Toff = Ivanov
Mussorgsky: Pictures at an Exhibition (version Ravel)
Dance of human Dattan ~ "Prince Igor" opera: Borodin
Orchestra Royal Philharmonic, Harmonist
Al Tours · rosin ski (conductor)
Recorded in April and May 1955; Walthamstow Hall, London

CD30
Op.67 Symphony No. 5 Beethoven:
D.759 "Unfinished" Symphony No. 8: Schubert
Orchestra Royal Philharmonic Harmony
Artur Rodzinski (conductor)
Recorded in September 1956; Walthamstow Hall, London

CD31
, "From the New World" Symphony No. 9, DVORAK, A.:
Suite "Peer Gynt": Grieg
Orchestra Royal Philharmonic Harmony
Artur Rodzinski (conductor)
Recorded in October 5,7,8 and 9,1954 (Dvorak); April 29 and 30,1955 (Grieg);
Walthamstow Hall, London

CD32
Prokofiev:
"Classical Symphony" Symphony No. 1
Op.33b Suite "The Love for Three Oranges"
Richard Strauss:
"Don Juan" Op.20 Symphonic Poem
Op.28 "mischief amusing of Till · Eulenspiegel" symphonic poem
Royal Philharmonic Orchestra Harmony
Artur Rodzinski (conductor)
Recorded in April and May 1955; Walthamstow Hall, London

CD33
Wagner:
Ride of the Valkyries
Prelude and Liebestod Tristan and Isolde ~
Funeral of Siegfried Twilight of the Gods
Dawn and Siegfried's Journey - Twilight of the Gods
Music Flame Demon "Valkyrie" - musical drama
Royal Philharmonic Orchestra Harmony
Artur Rodzinski (conductor)
Recorded in April 1955; Walthamstow Hall, London

CD34
Wagner:
Prelude "Die Meistersinger von Nurnberg" to Act 1
Admission of our master dance and our cousin - Prelude "Die Meistersinger von Nurnberg" to Act III
Overture to "Tannhäuser"
Prelude to Act 1 Loen Green ~
Farewell to the orchestra at Westminster Final rehearsal session of Artur Rodzinski
Royal Philharmonic Orchestra Harmony
Artur Rodzinski (conductor)
Recorded in April 1955 & September 1956; Walthamstow Hall, London

CD35
BWV1079 Musical Offering: J.S Bach
Camilo Wanauseku (flute)
Friedrich Wachter (oboe)
Josef Noburinga (English horn)
Franz Kiringa (bassoon)
Gustav Swoboda (first violin)
Alois balk (second violin)
Artur Kuraineru (viola)
Victor Gorurihhi (cello)
Kurt Rap (harpsichord)
Hermann · Scherchen (conductor)
Recorded in 1951; Mozartsaal, Vienna

CD36
Concerto for violin, piano, woodwind: Alban Berg
Op.9 No.1: Chamber Symphony Schoenberg
Friedrich Wachter (oboe)
Karl Gruber (English horn)
Alfred Rose and Richard Shane Hofer (clarinet)
Erich U~ebuna (bass clarinet)
Otto Fleischmann (contra-bassoon)
Ernst mule back Whew & Heruvu~ihi & Nitsch (Horn)

1-3
Roberto Gerure (violin)
Norman Shetler (piano)
Herbert Waisuberuku (Piccolo)
Gottfried Hehito~uru (flute)
Walter Crenshaw (bassoon)
Richard Rudolph (trumpet)
Hans · Petora (trombone)

Four
Camilo Wanauseku (flute)
Leo Mark Zell (bassoon)
Thomas & Siegfried Kakushuka Few Ringer (violin)
Fritz Handschke (viola)
Richard Hulland (cello)
Firumin-Piruka (double bass)
Hermann Scherchen (conductor)
Recorded in June 1964; Mozartsaal, Vienna

CD37
Hindemith: No. 4 Chamber Music Op.36 · 3 (Violin Concerto)
Op.12 Concerto for music and tube: Violin Weill
Gottfried Hehito~uru & Herbert Waisuberuku (flute)
Hermann Le Steed (bassoon)
Franz Zamazaru (percussion)
Firumin-Piruka & Friedrich Nadorishekku (double bass)
Hermann Scherchen (conductor)

1-3
Roberto Gerure (violin)
Alfred Rose and Richard Shane Forfar (clarinet)
Erich · U~ebuna (bus clarinet)
Otto Fleischmann (Contra Bassoon)
Richard Rudolph (cornet)
Joseph Rohm (trombone)
Günter Schindler (tuba)
Hans Kosshihi (percussion)
Fritz Handschke & Thomas Kakushuka (viola)
Siegfried Few Ringer & Anton Pyurukuna (viola)
Richard Hulland (cello)
Wolfgang Herzer, Ernst & Garou-Atomakayan Tsuvu~erufa (cello)
Adolf Forumaneku & Reinhard Do~ura (double bass)

4-6
Friedrich Wachter and Richard Shane Forfar (oboe)
Erich U~ebuna (clarinet)
Otto Fleischmann (bassoon)
Ernst mule back Whew & Heruvu~ihi & Nitsch (Horn)
Richard Rudolph (trumpet)
Ferdinand briar (double bass)
Recorded in June 1964; Mozartsaal, Vienna

CD38
U~eriton victory Op.91 Beethoven:
Orff: Entorata
Kantsu~ona modal 1: Gabrieli
Rehearsal - victory U~eriton Beethoven:
Dan Theater Orchestra song the Vienna State
Hermann Scherchen (conductor)
Recorded in October 1960; Mozartsaal, Vienna

CD39
"Military" No. 100: Symphony Haydn
"Farewell" No. 45: Symphony Haydn
Vienna State Opera Orchestra
Hermann Scherchen (conductor)
Recorded in 1958; Mozartsaal, Vienna

Op.84 Sinfonia: Haydn
Publisher Jörg Eft line (oboe)
Leo Zell mark (bassoon)
Michael Schnitzler (violin)
Wolfgang Herzer (cello)
Orchestra Vienna Radio
Hermann Scherchen (conductor)
Recorded in June 1965; Mozartsaal, Vienna

CD40
"Titan": Symphony No. 1 Mahler
Orchestra Royal Philharmonic Harmony
Hermann Scherchen (conductor)
Recorded in September 1954; Walthamstow Hall, London

CD41
"Song of the Night": Symphony No. 7 Mahler
Orchestra of the Vienna State Opera
Hermann Scherchen (conductor)
Recorded in July 1953; Mozartsaal, Vienna

CD42
"Eroica" Symphony No. 3 Beethoven:
Symphony No. 1 Beethoven:
Orchestra of the Vienna State Opera
Hermann Scherchen (conductor)
Recorded in October 1953 (No.3) / October, 1954 (No.1); Mozartsaal, Vienna

CD43
Symphony No. 2 Beethoven:
Symphony No. 8 Beethoven:
Orchestra Royal Philharmonic Harmony
Hermann Scherchen (conductor)
Recorded in September 1954; Walthamstow Hall, London

CD44
Symphony No. 5 Beethoven:
Symphony No. 4 Beethoven:
Orchestra Royal Philharmonic Harmony
Hermann Scherchen (conductor)
Recorded in September 1954; Walthamstow, London

CD45
"Pastoral" Symphony No. 6 Beethoven:
Symphony No. 7 Beethoven:
Orchestra of the Vienna State Opera
Hermann Scherchen (conductor)
Recorded in June 1958 (No.6) and June 1951 (No.7); Mozartsaal, Vienna

CD46
"Choral" Symphony No. 9 Beethoven:
Magda Laszlo (soprano)
Hilde Resseru = Maidan (alto)
Petr Munteanu (tenor)
Richard Standen (bus)
Vienna Academy Chamber Choir
Vienna State Opera Orchestra
Hermann Scherchen (conductor)
Recorded in July 1953; Mozartsaal, Vienna

CD47
Op.36 Symphony No. 4 TCHAIKOVSKY, PI:
Vienna State Opera Orchestra
Hermann Scherchen (conductor)
Recorded in June 1951; Mozartsaal, Vienna

CD48
Rimsky-Korsakov: Sherazado Op.35
Rudolf Shutorenku (solo violin) (1-4)
Orchestra of the Vienna State Opera
Hermann Scherchen (conductor)
Recorded in 1957; Mozartsaal, Vienna

CD49
Tchaikovsky:
Op.49 "1812" Overture
And Juliet "Romeo" Fantasy Overture
Khachaturian: Gainu (excerpt)
"Night on the Bare Mountain" Symphonic Poem: Mussorgsky (arr. Rimsky-Korsakov)
Orchestra of the Vienna State Opera
Hermann Scherchen (conductor)
Recorded in May 1957; Mozartsaal, Vienna

CD50
Op.20 "Rory and Ara Suite" Scythia: Prokofiev
Op.60 "Lieutenant Kije Suite": Prokofiev
Orchestra of the Vienna State Opera
Hermann Scherchen (conductor)
Recorded in June 1951; Mozartsaal, Vienna

CD51
The Sorcerer's Apprentice: Ducasse
Falla: Ballet Music "Love is the magician," Dance of the fear ~
Falla: Ballet Music "Love is the magician," Dance of the Fire Festival ~
"Spain" Rhapsody: Chabrier
Ravel: Bolero
Orchestra of the Vienna State Opera
Hermann · Scherchen (conductor)
Recorded in May 1957; Mozartsaal, Vienna

CD52
Beethoven:
"Pastoral" Symphony No. 6
(The same sound recording ※ CD45) Symphony No. 7
Vienna State Opera Orchestra
Hermann Scherchen (conductor)
Recorded in June 1951; Mozartsaal, Vienna

CD53
"The Four Seasons" Op.8-1 ~ 4 "attempt of creativity and harmony" Violin Concertos: Vivaldi
Julian Olevsky (violin)
Orchestra of the Vienna State Opera
Hermann Scherchen (conductor)
Recorded in June 1958

CD54
In E flat major Trumpet Concerto: Haydn
Concerto in D major: Trumpet Torelli
Op.46 · 1 Concerto in C major for two trumpets: Vivaldi
Concerto in D major for two trumpets: Handel
Roger Delmotte & Artur Anuzu (trumpet)
Orchestra of the Vienna State Opera
Hermann Scherchen (conductor)
Recorded in November 1960

CD55
Op.68 Symphony No. 1 Brahms:
Vienna State Opera Orchestra
Hermann · Scherchen (conductor)
Recorded in 1953

CD56
Overture to "William Tell" Opera: Rossini
Overture to "Donna Diana" opera: Reznicek
Overture to "Zampa" opera: Errol
"Overture Hula Diavu~oro Opera": D. Oberu
Orchestra of the Vienna State Opera
Hermann Scherchen (conductor)
Recorded in 1957

CD57
J.S. Bach:
BWV1041 in A minor Violin Concerto No. 1
BWV1042 in E major Violin Concerto No. 2
Bariri Walter (Violin)
Vienna State Opera Orchestra
Hermann Scherchen (conductor)
Recorded in 1954; Mozartsaal, Vienna

Hob.II F major song octet: Haydn F7 (Probably by Paul Wranitsky [1756-1808])
Group woodwind Vienna Philharmonic
Recorded in 1949; Konzerthaus, Vienna

CD58
Mozart:
A major K.622 Clarinet Concerto
Bassoon Concerto in B flat major, K.191 (186e)
Leopold Wlach (Cry Lynette)
Karl Berger Yale (bassoon)
Orchestra of the Vienna State Opera
Artur Rodzinski (conductor)
Recorded in 1954; Mozartsaal, Konzerthaus, Vienna

CD59
Mozart: K.364 in E flat major, Sinfonia Concertante (320d)
Bariri Walter (Violin)
Paul Dokutoru (viola)
Orchestra of the Vienna State Opera
Felix Prohaska (conductor)
Recorded in 1951; Mozartsaal, Vienna

Mozart: K.297b in E flat major, Sinfonia Concertante (Anh.C14.01)
Vienna Philharmonic Wind Group
Chamber Orchestra theater song the Vienna State
Henry Swoboda (conductor)
Recorded in 1949; Konzerthaus, Vienna

CD60
Op.77 Violin Concerto in D major Brahms:
Tchaikovsky: Violin Concerto in D major, Op.35
Erika · Morini (Violin)
Royal Philharmonic Orchestra
Artur Rojinsuki (conductor)
Recorded in September1956; Walthamstow Assembly Hall, London

CD61
Op.32 "Planets Suite": Horst
Vaughan Williams:
Fantasia on "Gurinsurivuzu"
Fantasia on a Theme by Tallis
Chamber Choir the Vienna · Academy
Vienna State Opera Orchestra
Sir Adrian vault (conductor)
Recorded in March 1959; Mozartsaal, Konzerthaus, Vienna

CD62 & 63
List:
No.1-6 Proceedings Hungarian Rhapsody
No.3 "Prelude" symphonic poem
"Mazeppa" No.6 symphonic poem
No.11 "Battle of the Huns" symphonic poem
No. 1 Mephisto · Waltz
Orchestra of the Vienna State Opera
Hermann Scherchen (conductor)
Recorded in June 1957/April 1959; Mozartsaal, Konzerthaus, Vienna

CD64
Piano Concerto No. 19 in F major, K.459: Mozart
Op.37 in C minor Piano Concerto No. 3 Beethoven:
Clara Haskil (piano)
Symphony Orchestra Winterthur
Walter Goehr (conductor)
Recorded in September, October 1950; Winterthur

CD65
Beethoven:
Op.37 in C minor Piano Concerto No. 3
Op.80 in C minor Fantasia Choir
Daniel Barenboim (piano)
Chamber Choir Vienna Academy
Vienna State Opera Orchestra
Laszlo Jomoji (conductor)
Recorded in May 1964; Mozartsaal, Konzerthaus, Vienna

Steve de Mena

Dec 12, 2012, 6:29:27 PM12/12/12
On 12/12/12 3:17 PM, randy...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, December 10, 2012 9:39:17 AM UTC-8, randy...@gmail.com wrote:
> Found on both Tower Japan and HMV Japan today:
>
> http://tower.jp/item/3193383
>
> http://tinyurl.com/a4w6gn2
>
> I think the Scherchen material is the most attractive part of this box to me.

How much (of any) of this is on CD for the first time?

Steve

randy...@gmail.com

Dec 12, 2012, 6:44:21 PM12/12/12
Probably none. But I don't think all have had international distribution either. And it is by no means "complete". For example, I think the DG Scherchen Haydn box and the DG Leinsdorf Mozart box (both part of the Original Masters series) were from the Westminster catalog and those are not fully represented in the Korean box. The same was true of the DG Amadus Quartet Original Masters boxes with respect to the Korean Westminster Chamber Music box that preceded this set a few months ago.

Johannes Roehl

Dec 13, 2012, 4:30:12 AM12/13/12
Am 13.12.2012 00:44, schrieb randy...@gmail.com:
> Probably none. But I don't think all have had international
> distribution either. And it is by no means "complete". For example, I
> think the DG Scherchen Haydn box and the DG Leinsdorf Mozart box
> (both part of the Original Masters series) were from the Westminster
> catalog and those are not fully represented in the Korean box.

Yes. Most of the Haydn from the DG-Box is actually missing from the
Korean release. So are the Handel concerti that were available on
Millenium classics.
The Beethoven piano concerti with Badura-Skoda have been reissued by
Tahra or some other label.

Of course, it doesn't help a lot if there was some CD issue in the early
or late nineties, long out of print, and going for imaginary second hand
prices.

ckho...@ckhowell.com

Dec 13, 2012, 7:24:33 AM12/13/12
Il giorno giovedì 13 dicembre 2012 10:30:12 UTC+1, Johannes Roehl ha scritto:
> Am 13.12.2012 00:44, schrieb randy...@gmail.com: > Probably none. But I don't think all have had international > distribution either. And it is by no means "complete". For example, I > think the DG Scherchen Haydn box and the DG Leinsdorf Mozart box > (both part of the Original Masters series) were from the Westminster > catalog and those are not fully represented in the Korean box. Yes. Most of the Haydn from the DG-Box is actually missing from the Korean release. So are the Handel concerti that were available on Millenium classics. The Beethoven piano concerti with Badura-Skoda have been reissued by Tahra or some other label. Of course, it doesn't help a lot if there was some CD issue in the early or late nineties, long out of print, and going for imaginary second hand prices.

Also missing are the concertos with Edith Farnadi (mostly conducted by Scherchen) and some further Boult material e.g Mozart Sym 40/Eine Kleine Nachtmusik, and I'm not aware of previous CD issues of most of this

Chris Howell

jonbe...@gmail.com

Mar 14, 2020, 12:28:36 PM3/14/20
do you have these as digital files - if so care to trade?

Frank Berger

Mar 14, 2020, 8:34:34 PM3/14/20
I bet you don't know you responded to an 8 year-old post.