Intermosh Vol. 5

Phil Powell

Sep 10, 1992, 11:59:54 PM9/10/92
** INTERMOSH **
9/10/92

What? Another one right after the last one? Well, so much news rolled in
the past few days I needed more or else I'd have to write a novel! Here we
go...

German metallers Creed are still around! Significant considering they're
the oldest Christian metal band in existence, 10 years and still rockin',
though with band member changes.. bassist Roger Dale Martin leaves Die
Happy.. former Holy Soldier axeman Michael Cutting joins Love Life..
Guardian is working on a new album due out in March 1993 while Ransom will
be touring the US and have NOT been kicked off Intense Records by a former
DJ despite the stupid rumors.. Marc Solomon of The Crucified has put
together his own side band of rap/street stuff called Native Son, and an
album will be out soon (note: Greg Minier, the Crucified's guitarist, also
has a side band - Applehead, with its debut album already out).. The Brave
is a new band and their debut album is out on Pakaderm Records..

The "Conquer Darkness" festival will be in the Netherlands on September 18
with 5 bands: Decision-D, Seventh Angel, Fortress, Lucifer's Nightmare and
Sculpture. Sculpture is a new death/thrash band from the Netherlands..

Silas Musicworks (King's X, Galactic Cowboys) introduce you to 2 new
bands: Atomic Opera and Shadoworld. Atomic Opera features Len Sonnier,
brother of the Cowboys' guitarist Dane Sonnier, and Shadoworld features
Marty Warren and Dale Richardson, who have co-written several of King's X
tunes.. the Cowboys also have a video finally out for "I'm Not Amused",
which is getting play on MTV's "Headbangers Ball"..

Texas metallers Paradox are still in existence with Karl Crowther
replacing Fernando Hernandez on guitar.. Seventh Seal, the all-black metal
band from California, has been signed to Blonde Vinyl Records and are now
working on their debut album. Also expect the debut album by Jesus
Freaks, the now 3-piece speed metal Sacramento band, on Narrowpath
Records. Congrats to Tom Denlinger of Sardonyx and his wife Ruth for the
birth of their son Alexander (guess we can't hang at the "Pig Kitchen" for
oranges anymore! Inside joke! --ed.).. Vengeance Rising will soon go into
the studio for their fifth album (no record contract yet), and the big
buzz was their opening act, Ritual..

..and new Tourniquet comes to you soon, and unless you have "Pathogenic
Ocular Dissonance", you'll have to creep out and get it!

Burrrn Magazine, a Japanese secular rock/metal publication, has done a lot
for Christian metal this particular issue (Aug. 1992).. Holy Soldier was
featured in the magazine (previously featured bands include Angelica,
Sacred Warrior, Whitecross and Jet Circus).. dem Brit dudes Seventh Angel
charted at #24 on Burrrn's Indie Metal Charts with "Lament For The
Weary" while Czech pop metallers
Kreyson were at #18 with "Angel On The Run", now in English on Flametrader
Records..

"Ominous Guitarists From The Unknown" is a new secular compi album
featuring undiscovered guitarists (naturally!) on Shrapnel Records
including axeman Craig Erickson of Red Sky.. BLOODGOOD IS TOURING!!!! Yes,
you heard me right, Bloodgood is finally, after nearly 5 years, embarking
on their US tour starting 9/3 in Wenatchee WA til 10/29 in Santa Clara
CA.. they will go as far east as NY and PA.. Leviticus' guitarist Bjorn
Stigsson has put together a new band with the demise of Leviticus - XT.
XT also has a debut album out in the pop-rock/stadium arena which also
features members of Jerusalem..

NEXT WEEK: The big Stryper update!!!

Phil

--
The opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the University of
North Carolina at Chapel Hill, the Campus Office for Information

Jacqueline Kowtko

Sep 11, 1992, 10:04:00 AM9/11/92

Phil....@bbs.oit.unc.edu (Phil Powell) writes:
>The "Conquer Darkness" festival will be in the Netherlands on September 18
>with 5 bands: Decision-D, Seventh Angel, Fortress, Lucifer's Nightmare and
>Sculpture. Sculpture is a new death/thrash band from the Netherlands..
>
>Silas Musicworks (King's X, Galactic Cowboys) introduce you to 2 new

Is King's X a Dutch group?

Amsterdam seems to be a good place to find Christian metal/thrash
bands, now that I recall what a friend said after visiting there
earlier this year. They've got a floating stage/amphitheatre where
some bands play, and a lively ministry.

Thanks to all of you who replied to my previous query on metal/thrash.
It appears there *is* more to the music world than meets the average ear.
--
* Jacqueline Kowtko | Human Communication Research Centre *
* | University of Edinburgh *

Phil Powell

Sep 13, 1992, 5:41:41 PM9/13/92
In article <10...@scott.ed.ac.uk> kow...@cogsci.ed.ac.uk (Jacqueline Kowtko) writes:

>Phil....@bbs.oit.unc.edu (Phil Powell) writes:
>>The "Conquer Darkness" festival will be in the Netherlands on September 18
>>with 5 bands: Decision-D, Seventh Angel, Fortress, Lucifer's Nightmare and
>>Sculpture. Sculpture is a new death/thrash band from the Netherlands..
>>
>>Silas Musicworks (King's X, Galactic Cowboys) introduce you to 2 new
>
>Is King's X a Dutch group?

No, sorry they're from Houston, TX...

>Amsterdam seems to be a good place to find Christian metal/thrash
>bands, now that I recall what a friend said after visiting there
>earlier this year. They've got a floating stage/amphitheatre where
>some bands play, and a lively ministry.

Very lively indeed! Mostly keep "afloat" by God's Pleasure Church, a
Sanctuary-style church in Utrecht, Holland, whose pastor is Edwin Ogenio,
the lead vocalist of Decision-D (one of the biggest European Christian
thrash bands out now)..

>Thanks to all of you who replied to my previous query on metal/thrash.
>It appears there *is* more to the music world than meets the average ear.
>--
> * Jacqueline Kowtko | Human Communication Research Centre *
> * | University of Edinburgh *
> * J.Ko...@edinburgh.ac.uk | 2 Buccleuch Place *
> * | Edinburgh EH8 9LW, SCOTLAND *

No problem! Always remember Colossians 1:16!

Steve Plemmons

Sep 15, 1992, 1:28:33 AM9/15/92
In article <1992Sep11.0...@samba.oit.unc.edu> Phil....@bbs.oit.unc.edu (Phil Powell) writes:
>** INTERMOSH **
> 9/10/92
>
>What? Another one right after the last one? Well, so much news rolled in
>the past few days I needed more or else I'd have to write a novel! Here we
>go...

>Silas Musicworks (King's X, Galactic Cowboys) introduce you to 2 new
>bands: Atomic Opera and Shadoworld. Atomic Opera features Len Sonnier,
>brother of the Cowboys' guitarist Dane Sonnier, and Shadoworld features
>Marty Warren and Dale Richardson, who have co-written several of King's X
>tunes.. the Cowboys also have a video finally out for "I'm Not Amused",
>which is getting play on MTV's "Headbangers Ball"..

Does this mean that there are albums available right now, or they will
be?

See Ya,

Steve

--
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@ Steve Plemmons As a former fetus, I oppose @

Phil Powell

Sep 15, 1992, 9:23:29 PM9/15/92
In article <1992Sep15.0...@msuinfo.cl.msu.edu> plem...@mth.msu.edu (Steve Plemmons) writes:
>In article <1992Sep11.0...@samba.oit.unc.edu> Phil....@bbs.oit.unc.edu (Phil Powell) writes:
>>** INTERMOSH **
>> 9/10/92
>>
>>What? Another one right after the last one? Well, so much news rolled in
>>the past few days I needed more or else I'd have to write a novel! Here we
>>go...
>

>>Silas Musicworks (King's X, Galactic Cowboys) introduce you to 2 new
>>bands: Atomic Opera and Shadoworld. Atomic Opera features Len Sonnier,
>>brother of the Cowboys' guitarist Dane Sonnier, and Shadoworld features
>>Marty Warren and Dale Richardson, who have co-written several of King's X
>>tunes.. the Cowboys also have a video finally out for "I'm Not Amused",
>>which is getting play on MTV's "Headbangers Ball"..
>>

>Does this mean that there are albums available right now, or they will
>be?

I haven't heard anything about albums right off the bat, but be patient,
probably by early '93 we'll get most likely Atomic Opera........

>See Ya,
>
>Steve
>

>--
>@ Steve Plemmons As a former fetus, I oppose @