1996 product Kri-Teak

KiteCrtic

Jan 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/31/96
Yes.. I know you have been waiting for this:

I did attend KTA, and with the exception of the absolute joke at the
Prisim booth (re: Vapor.. I think they are inhaling too much melted Mylar
Vapor, and what the hell is with the vinal pinstripe tape, eh?), I was
only lightly impressed. So here are my thoughts.

Dual Line:

Hot: Fizz Reflex and Phantom Elite, Preston's Psycho, Flying Wings
Thunderbird and MYSL (see I told you!!!!), the mini-tana by HQ as well as
the Jam Session (price is great), all of which are well made, preform well
(yes I flew them all) and are really on the upper edge of the industry.

Not-so-hot: Sonic by Buena Vista (too heavy), Prisim (anything.. time to
move on in the design department), Skynasaur (Mile High.. whatever, nice
prices.. lousy workmanship), Shanti ("this town.. is looking like a ghost
town.. ah,ah..."), and the new Sparkle 'Zilla (I think Bob has been
hanging out with Tinkerbell at Mighty Ducks games while in LA.. and he
ripped off her magic dust!!), the Stripes, and can you believe that
Spectra was dead, and Top of the Line (World Cup Champs flew 'em...
remember) didn't show!!!! And They are based out of San Diego!!!!!!

Quad-Line: Quadrafoil has a new C series that is real trick.. I ordered
mine already!!!

Three line: Great idea from Mark at Guildworks, but how long can I get
into flying a kite with one hand? Check it out though.

Buggy's: Wind Chariot by Kites Etc. But why was it in the Flying Wings
booth? Looks real cool, and seems very sturdy. Anyone ride this at El
Mirage? Julian Wolf's buggy from France had the most beautiful welding I
have ever seen, but it cost as mush as a down on my new Porsche!!!!!!

Other: Tricks III by Dodd Gross is great, and I can't wait for Tricks
four. Laser Pro line is the absolute best, and Konrad had a new mounting
system that could be very hot... watch for this!!!

Shocks: Scott Augenbaugh with High Performance of Hawaii pushing 2 year
old Spectra Edge designs by some Japanese company called FalHawk (I think
origionally they called the company FUBAR?). Black Diamond rods are
comming on strong... almost there, but a few quality problems yet to
solve. SkyShark Zero Golds.... absolute must for indoors!!! New Kite out
of Dana Point, Ca. called the Big Dipper. The Psycho video. Avia's new
connectors!

Gags: A snowcone sail for rollerblading, plastic boomrangs that are always
in the way at the demo field (sorry Flying Wings and Quadrafoil). Nevada
kite's buggy...(hello Richard Simmons.. gotta weight problem here!!!!).
The Peter Lynn with the moon tires.. what the hell is that (although it
might work.. their ski setup looks cool... might have to get that for the
snow).

Overall Impression: Stay home and let someone else tell you what is
hott... then wait 3 months to see what really is.

Predictions: Reflex, MYSL, Quadrafoil C's, Bad Boys (I don't what the hype
is about though), Wind Chariot, Peter Lynn Ski Buggy, Cobra SkyTiger 100,
Psycho and the Black Diamond Rods (great name eh).

Der Critic.

Jim Cheetham

Feb 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/1/96
KiteCrtic (kite...@aol.com) wrote:
: Three line: Great idea from Mark at Guildworks, but how long can I get

: into flying a kite with one hand? Check it out though.

I don't know the name, and I haven't heard of the 3-line
system. Anyone feel up to explaining it, or posting pointers
to a www site?
--
_____ ceci n'est ____ _ pas une _ _ email
(__ __) o ______ ( __)( )_ ___ ___ _( )_( )_ ___ ______

Kitevip

Feb 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/1/96
Does any one know of the EMail Or Phone for GUILDWORKS.
kit...@aol.com

George W. Gilchrist

Feb 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/1/96
j...@oasis.icl.co.uk (Jim Cheetham) wrote:

Jim,

Unfortunately, Guildworks doesn't have a presence in the UK. They are
the makers of the Synergy Deca. These kites, designed using Bucky
Fullers' idea of tensigrity, are (IMHO) the most unusual kites around.
They fly beautifully as well. I've seen the indoor version of the
three-line kite and it is basically a three-pointed star held in shape
by some thin solid carbon rods bent to give the kite the flexibility
that tensigrity designs require. It is flown one handed, from a
triangular frame. The little indoor job is a beautiful and clever toy.

Cheers, George

George W. Gilchrist University of Washington
gil...@zoology.washington.edu Department of Zoology
Phone:(206)543-4859 Box 351800
FAX:(206)543-3041 Seattle, WA 98l95-1800

Kitevip

Feb 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/1/96
They are the Designers of the Synergy Kites.

I want to Go Fly a Kite!

Feb 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/2/96
George wrote:

>Unfortunately, Guildworks doesn't have a presence in the UK.

When I called in there last, CANNOCK KITES had a few DECA's in stock.
I do not know if this was a one-off, or a regular dealership.

phone +44-1543-571400

NO connection, but would like to have them stock my Quad handles....:-)

John Travell.

Contact me by Email "tra...@comics.enet.dec.com" for further info.

Skip Wright

Feb 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/2/96
In <4ep82h$8...@newsbf02.news.aol.com> kite...@aol.com (KiteCrtic) writes:

[snip]

>Shocks: Scott Augenbaugh with High Performance of Hawaii pushing 2 year
>old Spectra Edge designs by some Japanese company called FalHawk (I
think
>origionally they called the company FUBAR?). Black Diamond rods are
>comming on strong... almost there, but a few quality problems yet to
>solve. SkyShark Zero Golds.... absolute must for indoors!!! New Kite
out
>of Dana Point, Ca. called the Big Dipper. The Psycho video. Avia's new
>connectors!

^^^ ^^^^^^

FWIW, don't know if this is the same Big Dipper that I wrote about here
1 year ago, but if it is, it's still my favorite kite! It was from Ride
the Wind, and BFK carried it in their catalog last year. So, it's not
"new".

>Der Critic.

Thanks for the report !!!

Skip
--
Skip Wright

swr...@ix.netcom.com ........ play
walter...@shrmed.com ..... work

Hans van Dijk

Feb 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/2/96
to Kitevip
Kitevip wrote:

> Does any one know of the EMail Or Phone for GUILDWORKS.
> kit...@aol.com

Hi VIP,
Call or fax Guildworks at (508) 526-8244

Hans

G Engvall

Feb 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/2/96
Start with Bruce Kapsten <AirA...@aol.com>. He is good friends with the
guys. He and his son, Jesse, are sort of "factory fliers" for Guildworks.

Or, the "Man" himself, Marc Ricketts, (508) 922-6583

Or, come to the Indoor Fly in Marblehead this Saturday, Feb 3, and meet
'em all in person.

Aero ergo sum
(I fly, therefore, I am.)
gary engvall

dick barnes

Feb 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/3/96
In article <4er0v0$o...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, kit...@aol.com says...

>Does any one know of the EMail Or Phone for GUILDWORKS.
>kit...@aol.com
Phone 508-921-4069
Fax 508-921-2919

Sandy Wagner

Feb 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/3/96
Email for info:
S_Wa...@msn.com

Brian W. Gordon

Feb 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/4/96
Jim Cheetham (j...@oasis.icl.co.uk) wrote:
: KiteCrtic (kite...@aol.com) wrote:
: : Three line: Great idea from Mark at Guildworks, but how long can I get
: : into flying a kite with one hand? Check it out though.

So what are you supposed to do with your other hand? ;)

just curious,
Keith Kidder

Sandy Wagner

Feb 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/7/96
You can also ask me anything you need to know as I am a
representative of Guildworks Flight Studio.
Sandy "Deca Boy" Wagner