5 Jugglers Every Juggler Should Know

J Clark

Nov 5, 2009, 1:54:28 PM11/5/09
Hi Everyone,

At a recent club meeting, I casually mentioned the name Jason Garfield,
only to find that the four jugglers I was talking to had never heard of
him! I put in a petition to the club to try to remedy this.

So, in two weeks, I'm going to give a short presentation with video clips
to our club detailing 5 jugglers every juggler should know. The problem,
of course, is that the list of jugglers I like is far too long. So far, I
have two I really want to share, but I'm looking for input about who else
I should talk about.
Jason Garfield (Love him or hate him, he's definitely been a big innovator
in the juggling community in the last few years.)
Wes Peden (Who doesn't like Wes? Everyone should see some of his work.)

So, if you were presented with an opportunity to only share five jugglers,
who would you choose? Should I take either (or both) of these two off of
my list?

Thanks!
Jeff

Massacre

Nov 5, 2009, 2:25:11 PM11/5/09

1.Pavel Evsukevich
2.Vova Galchenko
3.Daniel Eaker
4.Pawel Witczak
5.Patrik Elmnert

jonudry

Nov 5, 2009, 3:29:59 PM11/5/09

1. Enrico Rastelli
2. Evgeni Biljauer
3. Sergei Ignatov
4. Francis Brunn
5. Anthony Gatto

Steven Ragatz

Nov 5, 2009, 3:53:24 PM11/5/09

In order:

Anthony Gatto (sheer technique)
Michael Moschen (artistic)
Francis Brunn (historical)
Michael Davis or The Flying Karamazov Brothers (pick one for comedy)
Viktor Kee (cirque)

That was too easy.

Steven Ragatz

David Cain

Nov 5, 2009, 4:08:02 PM11/5/09

I would probably have to agree with that list.

David Cain

Boppo

Nov 5, 2009, 4:14:34 PM11/5/09

What sort of thing do you think jugglers should know about?

There are certainly those who have altered the prevailing perception
of what is humanly possible, for example, Gatto presently and Ignatov
a few decades ago. Things that were dismissed as being impossibly
difficult to do, they did, and in so doing raised the bar and have
inspired others to new heights. There was a time (maybe, when clubs
were heavier) when juggling five clubs at all was a major feat, and
backcrossing five was believed to be impossible. But then Ignatov
performed it in shows, and now it has become widespread. Gatto is now
making significant headway into backcrossing seven clubs. Etc.

But then there are those who have fundamentally altered the way
juggling itself is thought of. One could, for example, name Jason
Garfield (irrespective of his own technical juggling accomplishments)
for his efforts at rebranding juggling from an "entertainment" into a
"sport" in a way that has a chance of significantly alter the
perception of juggling and jugglers, not only from the standpoint of
jugglers, but even from the standpoint of the general public.

So, which is important for the purpose of your list? If the former,
who are the pinnacles of inspiration? If the latter, who has most
shaped what juggling is today?

-boppo

Lewis Kennedy

Nov 5, 2009, 4:30:23 PM11/5/09

nice post

1) gatto = cause hes the best

2) wes peden = cause hes AWESOME at creative JUGGLING and tech juggling,
and he does dance and doesn't juggle in his routines, and people still
like it!

3) jason garfield = cause hes created wjf and sport juggling, (people
should know that juggling is art and sport, depending on what you want it
to be). also the gatto vs garfield story is interesting.

4) Vova = cause his juggling is perfect. and hes an awesome juggler

5) ? maybe another circus juggler. i only realy know gatto. maybe that
burnn guy. maybe someone who created siteswap.
maybe that Pawel W guy or tiff. (siteswap legends)
or maybe someone that can hold 500 rings and make gay shapes with them.
i dont know.

but gatto, wes and vova should defo be in it.

Lewis

hirskontra

Nov 5, 2009, 4:32:48 PM11/5/09

In my opinion:

Jorden Moir (the best 4 limbs juggler)
Alexandr Koblikov (the flowiest)
Vova Galchenko (due to his club juggling)
Komei Aoki (the most original)
Anthony Gatto (the best)

Little Paul

Nov 5, 2009, 5:19:09 PM11/5/09
> I would probably have to agree with that list.

I think I would pretty much agree as well, although I think Michael
Moschen should be in there somewhere as well - but I can't decide who
to drop to fit him in.

-Paul

Rootberry

Nov 5, 2009, 5:22:21 PM11/5/09
I think narrowing it down to five individuals misses the point. I feel
very fortunate that I have been
introduced (mostly through video) to the worlds greatest jugglers. I feel
even more fortunate to
consider many of the modern juggling virtuosos as my friends. With that
said, perhaps juggling clubs
(groups) should have more movie nights. When we lived in San Diego we
would invite jugglers over a
couple times a year and watch juggling videos (good excuse for a party),
we showed them the videos
we thought were amazing and thanks to some very generous friends we have
quite an amazing video
collection (both old and new). It does seem weird to me that they would
not know who Jason Garfield
is. Before he started the World Jason Federation (WJF) he made some great
videos, plus two of his IJA
routines are in my top ten.

Cheers,

Root

Sam Malcolm

Nov 5, 2009, 5:27:04 PM11/5/09

I definitely agree 100% with this list.

J Clark

Nov 5, 2009, 5:47:57 PM11/5/09

Well said. I definitely agree, and I should have also mentioned that I've
also started a "video of the week" for our club (just a link e-mailed
around--Komei Aoki's BJC performance this week). I think everyone ought to
know as much about juggling as possible; but I'd like to try to pick 5 to
start with for a video night. From there, I hope it goes onward and upward.

Thanks!
Jeff

J Clark

Nov 5, 2009, 5:53:19 PM11/5/09

Thanks. That is great clarification. I'd like to be able to focus more on
jugglers who have had a big impact in the last 5-10 years. Ultimately, my
goal is to introduce them to some awesome tricks, incredible art, and a
little bit of controversy. Most of all, I just want my fellow club members
to catch the vision for where juggling is going; then I hope we can dig
deeper into the past to see where it has been.

Lewis Kennedy

Nov 5, 2009, 6:07:50 PM11/5/09

i agree, its hard to narrowing it down to five individuals.
i like the idea of a movie night.
i havn't heard of many old juggler. like that brunn guy. his name pops up
now and again and i dont understand why. cause i havn't ever seen him
juggle. i may search the name of juggling.tv, when i get a chance.

i know garfield was known before the wjf. but he did, 'sport juggling'
back then aswell as now. i remember laughing so hard at one of his ija
routines.

if it wasn't for garfield i would be juggling as much now. and that is the
same with many jugglers. the juggling world owes that guy a lot, for
getting so many talented jugglers into this world.

i could be sooooo wrong about the next thing i am going to say. but i bet
wes peden practiced more becuase of the wjf. and now people are inspired
by him. and then people are inspired by those people and so on.

i wouldn't be writing this if it wasn't for garfield

Lewis

tim_marston

Nov 5, 2009, 6:30:08 PM11/5/09
>I agree with this list

> > 1. Enrico Rastelli
> > 2. Evgeni Biljauer
> > 3. Sergei Ignatov
> > 4. Francis Brunn
> > 5. Anthony Gatto
Bit I also want to add:
Victor Kee
Booby May
Kris Kremo
Whilst Wes is an amzing juggler, for me he isnt as important as the guys
above.

ChaseMartin

Nov 5, 2009, 6:56:05 PM11/5/09
For me, a top bounce & siteswap juggler would make the list.

When I had movie nights, I would show lots of Anthony Gatto, Thomas Dietz,
Greg Kennedy, Peter Bone, and Sean Gandini.

But I'm also very siteswap biased with a few of those.

Adam Rowney

Nov 5, 2009, 7:01:12 PM11/5/09
J Clark wrote:

> Well said. I definitely agree, and I should have also mentioned that I've
> also started a "video of the week" for our club

I think this is a great idea. Over exposure in one sitting can be a bit
much. But spread out, and many of the worlds greats can be seen. 5 is too
little, and not everyone's tastes will be the same.

edward

Nov 5, 2009, 7:03:18 PM11/5/09

Everyone should know about the chainsaw juggler that got his hand cut off,
bowling ball juggler than dropped it on his toe and the guy that juggles
and eat apples who got.. appleitis.

pclynes7

Nov 5, 2009, 8:37:22 PM11/5/09
In no particular order

Anthony Gatto
Thomas Dietz
Jason Garfield
Wes Peden
Vova and Olga Galchenko

All these people have huge technical ability, Garfield, who someone said
was not pushing the boundaries of juggling, has succesfully launched into
9clubs, i haven't heard of anyone else that successful (although my only
attempt at 9 actually had a decent first club :) )

Wes Peden, although i'm not a huge fan of the more artistic juggling, but
he makes good juggling appealing to more people.

Vova and olga probably deserve a spot each, but i ran out of numbers, and
also they are unbelievable passers. If they get back into it, watch out!

Gatto obviously was a child prodigy, he needs no buffing up by me

Dietz is my favourite of them all, he does incredibly difficult things,
including almost an hour of 5club, reverse throws db97531 and 9ball 9up
360, ALWAYS with a smile on his face!!!

Sam Malcolm

Nov 5, 2009, 8:58:55 PM11/5/09

>>>that brunn guy

Juggling history should be in schools.....

ultimatewannabe

Nov 5, 2009, 10:18:55 PM11/5/09

Obviously a very subjective list no matter who compiles it, my list is 6
and I can't cut one.

Anthony Gatto
Sergei Ignatov
Wes Peden
Vova Galchenko
Thomas Deitz
Jason Garfield
- For juggling accomplishments and changing perceptions

And then I'd mention all of the guys pushing the limits on really high
numbers and trick specializations.

Lauge and Ben Thompson - 360/720 stuff
Bruce Sarafian - personal numbers hero of mine
Daniel Eaker - fastest learner I've ever heard of, I think he'd been
juggling 2 years less than me when we both got a db97531, and by got it, I
mean I did one round and he broke the world record and qualified it.
Can't decide whether to be inspired or depressed by this guy every time he
puts out a video.
Alan Sulc - probably my favorite bouncer

Probably more but I gotta sleep. If I read this tomorrow it's going to
piss me off it's this short.

Mike

KooKie

Nov 6, 2009, 12:51:57 AM11/6/09

I vote that Komei or Ori Roth should make the list. Wes Peden of course
should make the list too.

Ben Thompson

Nov 6, 2009, 1:26:29 AM11/6/09

I feel so honored right now.

lutkus

Nov 6, 2009, 1:27:32 AM11/6/09
Lewis Kennedy wrote:
> 3) jason garfield = cause hes created wjf and sport juggling

Just a point of clarification, Jason Garfield did not create sport
juggling. Also, the WJF was not the first sport juggling organization.
Albert Lucas founded the International Sport Juggling Federation years
before the WJF came into existance. Clearly, the WJF has been a much more
successful at promoting sport juggling, and for that, Garfield certainly
deserves credit.

hirskontra

Nov 6, 2009, 3:05:23 AM11/6/09
pclynes7 wrote:
> 9ball 9up
> 360, ALWAYS with a smile on his face!!!

Is that available somewhere to see?

Thx!

PinkAlice

Nov 6, 2009, 4:18:24 AM11/6/09

> In order:
>
> Anthony Gatto (sheer technique)
> Michael Moschen (artistic)
> Francis Brunn (historical)
> Michael Davis or The Flying Karamazov Brothers (pick one for comedy)
> Viktor Kee (cirque)
>
> That was too easy.
>
> Steven Ragatz

I completely agree (although not necessarily in that order)! Although also
would want to add Sean Gandini in somehow...

Tamino

Nov 6, 2009, 5:53:41 AM11/6/09
Massacre wrote:

> 1.Pavel Evsukevich
> 2.Vova Galchenko
> 3.Daniel Eaker
> 4.Pawel Witczak
> 5.Patrik Elmnert

This is a joke, right?

Little Paul

Nov 6, 2009, 6:56:54 AM11/6/09
On 2009-11-05, J Clark <jeff_...@byu.edu.nospam.com> wrote:

> I'd like to be able to focus more on
> jugglers who have had a big impact in the last 5-10 years. Ultimately, my
> goal is to introduce them to some awesome tricks, incredible art, and a
> little bit of controversy.

While at the same time fostering the misconception that there were no
"awesome tricks, incredible art or controversy" before the internet
juggling video revolution, and the idea that "if it's not on youtube
it must be crap" which leads to an incredibly narrow view of what
juggling can be.

Sorry if this turns into a rant, but it irks me.

You want awesome tricks?
I look back at previous generations of jugglers and am consistently
blown away by what these "old timers" pulled off day after day, performance
after performance, dropless, infront of an audience.

Some of which hasn't really been seen since (when was the last time
you watched someone run 7 rings with a face balance while stood on top
of a freestanding ladder? Throw a glass bottle up and catch it
on the end of a billiard cue? Neck catches with artillery shells?)

Incredible art?
produced by the likes of the Gandini's and Michael Moschen. Go back
further to Francis Brunn and his mixing of flamenco and juggling, go
back beyond Brunn to the heydey of the gentleman juggler and you'll
find that juggling routines were commonly theatrical pieces with plots.

Controversy?
Every time a "game changer" appears, and redefines what juggling is,
(be it Cinquevali, Salerno, Brunn, Fields, Moschen or Garfield) it causes
waves of controversy.

Be it artists copying other artists work, fighting hard to get an edge
over their fellow performers ("he juggles 6, I must be the first to do 7"),
rubbing the old guard up the wrong way ("You shouldn't tell jokes while
you juggle") etc. Jugglers openly feuding and deriding other aspects of
the craft is nothing new.

If you only show them current performers, you'll narrow the scope of
what they think juggling can be. There's so much more to juggling than
siteswaps with balls, and legos with clubs.

But show them Bobby Mays matchbox trick and you'll give them new
directions to explore, spark new and inventive ideas in them - which
will take juggling in new directions.

One of the most often cited inspirational jugglers in this forum
is Kris Kremo. Yet much of his act is almost a century old.

If you *must* pick 5, you'll be doing your friends a favour if you pick
3 old and 2 new.

And go buy a copy of "Virtuosos of juggling" or "Juggling with finnesse"
to show them as well. They're both inexpensive books, filled with
information and photos of jugglers from the past, and I can garuntee
you'll find photos in there that make you think "What?! Is that even
possible?" - to which the answer is largely "yes, two shows a day,
every day, no drops"

</rant>

-Paul
--
http://paulseward.com

Colin E.

Nov 6, 2009, 7:27:46 AM11/6/09
Little Paul wrote:

> David Cain wrote:
> >
> > On Nov 5, 3:29�pm, jon_ud...@hotmail.com.nospam.com (jonudry) wrote:
> > >
> > > 1. Enrico Rastelli
> > > 2. Evgeni Biljauer
> > > 3. Sergei Ignatov
> > > 4. Francis Brunn
> > > 5. Anthony Gatto
> >
> > I would probably have to agree with that list.
>
> I think I would pretty much agree as well, although I think Michael
> Moschen should be in there somewhere as well - but I can't decide who
> to drop to fit him in.
>
> -Paul

I would want to see Kris Kremo in there as well, so that a wider range of
juggling styles are covered.

Colin E.

The Void

Nov 6, 2009, 7:40:02 AM11/6/09
Little Paul wrote:
<a splendid rant which perfectly sums up why I hadn't previously bothered
posting in this thread.>

My five might go something like

W.C. Fields
Rebla
Will Carr
Wang Hung
Sean McKinney

, but I'd also agree with Jon Udry's 5.

The Void
High 5

--
TLMB tees & hoodies: www.tlmb.net/tees : 13 designs

joeschmoe7

Nov 6, 2009, 8:10:19 AM11/6/09
Grysha Lovigin
Jay Gilligan

TK

Nov 6, 2009, 8:40:22 AM11/6/09
Little Paul wrote:
> On 2009-11-05, J Clark <jeff_...@byu.edu.nospam.com> wrote:
>> I'd like to be able to focus more on
>> jugglers who have had a big impact in the last 5-10 years. Ultimately, my
>> goal is to introduce them to some awesome tricks, incredible art, and a
>> little bit of controversy.
>
> While at the same time fostering the misconception that there were no
> "awesome tricks, incredible art or controversy" before the internet
> juggling video revolution, and the idea that "if it's not on youtube
> it must be crap" which leads to an incredibly narrow view of what
> juggling can be.
>
> Sorry if this turns into a rant, but it irks me.

Your insightful rants have been missed, well said. So where the heck
have you been?

--
TK
http://www.wejuggle2.com/

Little Paul

Nov 6, 2009, 9:36:33 AM11/6/09
On 2009-11-06, TK <tkn...@wejuggle2.com> wrote:

> Little Paul wrote:
>>
>> Sorry if this turns into a rant, but it irks me.
>
> Your insightful rants have been missed, well said. So where the heck
> have you been?

I've been watching, but the conversation has been so tedious here in
the last couple of months that I haven't felt it worth contributing to.

I just can't get excited about youtube links posted with no description,
which invariably turn out to be yet another siteswapping ball juggler
practicing somewhere.

There's no point in ranting about those threads, no one listens. This
thread however, presents an opportunity to reverse some of that narrow
mindedness.

Not that it'll work either, but hey. It filled a gap while I waited for
some servers to reboot.

-Paul
--
http://paulseward.com

Ewano

Nov 6, 2009, 11:15:22 AM11/6/09
Lewis Kennedy wrote:

> i havn't heard of many old juggler. like that brunn guy. his name pops up
> now and again and i dont understand why. cause i havn't ever seen him
> juggle. i may search the name of juggling.tv, when i get a chance.

Lewis - having seen you spin and headbounce you need to see Brun..

http://juggling.tv/video/513/lottie-francis-brunn-rehearsal

at about 2.50 and 3.40 for some great spins and the whole bouth stick
section is fantastic!

Ewano - who was the pissed old fart at Manchester doing five ball passing
with you in the interval..

Ewano

Nov 6, 2009, 12:06:50 PM11/6/09
pclynes7 wrote:

> Dietz is my favourite of them all, he does incredibly difficult things,
> including almost an hour of 5club, reverse throws db97531 and 9ball 9up
> 360, ALWAYS with a smile on his face!!!

I heard an account of the time Gatto broke the world record with 5 clubs
in 1989 (45m 02s) timed by the IJA numbers squad of the time not sure, but
I think maybe the guinness chaps where there too.

The account is from someone that claimed to have been there at an IJA fest
and witnessed it - though I've forgotten who told me as it was somewhere
in the mists of time (and probably beer..)

Anyway...

The story goes that Anthony started juggling, and then after reaching
existing record time starts to have an argument with Nick about how long
he should go for. Nick is arguing for 30 minutes because Anthony has a
show that night, Anthony wants to go for an hour cause it's a nice round
figure for a world record.

After about 5-10 minutes of fairly heated discussion, they agree on 45
minutes as a compromise. At 45:02 Anthony collects a clean finish and
stops - makes you wonder what he was capable of at the time if he could
have an argument over the length of run he was making and argue for going
for an hour.

Ewano - who remembers drunkenly passing glow balls with Ben Beaver in
Carvin one night and having Thomas come over and ask to borrow them. Ben
and me standing back with beers in hand nodding to each other and musing
that he was a "pretty reasonable" juggler...

MasterKatra42

Nov 6, 2009, 12:27:29 PM11/6/09
J Clark wrote:

> Thanks. That is great clarification. I'd like to be able to focus more on
> jugglers who have had a big impact in the last 5-10 years. Ultimately, my
> goal is to introduce them to some awesome tricks, incredible art, and a
> little bit of controversy. Most of all, I just want my fellow club members
> to catch the vision for where juggling is going; then I hope we can dig
> deeper into the past to see where it has been.
>
> Jeff

So you want to catch them up to speed with the current internet drama in
the juggling community, but not really give them an idea of who to look at
for inspiration? That's what it sounds like to me, at least.

~Joe "Not riding the drama llama" Showers

TK

Nov 6, 2009, 12:28:05 PM11/6/09
Little Paul wrote:
> On 2009-11-06, TK <tkn...@wejuggle2.com> wrote:
>> Little Paul wrote:
>>> Sorry if this turns into a rant, but it irks me.
>> Your insightful rants have been missed, well said. So where the heck
>> have you been?
>
> I've been watching, but the conversation has been so tedious here in
> the last couple of months that I haven't felt it worth contributing to.
>
> I just can't get excited about youtube links posted with no description,
> which invariably turn out to be yet another siteswapping ball juggler
> practicing somewhere.

Agreed.

> There's no point in ranting about those threads, no one listens. This
> thread however, presents an opportunity to reverse some of that narrow
> mindedness.

You big dummy, the internet is about talking, not listening.

> Not that it'll work either, but hey. It filled a gap while I waited for
> some servers to reboot.

Always a fun time. Nothing makes time stand so nearly still as that.

kreso

Nov 6, 2009, 12:39:52 PM11/6/09
On 06 Nov 2009 01:37:22 GMT, pclynes7 wrote:

> All these people have huge technical ability, Garfield, who someone said
> was not pushing the boundaries of juggling, has succesfully launched into
> 9clubs, i haven't heard of anyone else that successful (although my only
> attempt at 9 actually had a decent first club :) )

how many of that 9 clubs did he catch?

David Cain

Nov 6, 2009, 3:05:21 PM11/6/09
On Nov 6, 12:06 pm, er.i.think....@no.spam.for.me.matey.nospam.com

I was there when Anthony set the record in 1989. Man I can't believe
that was over twenty years ago. I can't recall the argument, but he
was talking during it and it did appear that he could have gone much
longer.

David Cain

ringjuggler

Nov 6, 2009, 3:22:17 PM11/6/09
i'd go for;

michael moschen 'cos its kinda thanks to him that we're juggling as we do
now
sergei ignatov 'cos ive got his picture in the loo
ruslan fomenko 4 minutes of awe and wonder from a lovely guy
vladimir tsarkov well i had to put a ring juggler in there didnt I ?
kris kremo a performer

but then again none of these are young, and are more from the traditional
side (apart from moschen) but thats just my ha'pennys worth.

jj

Adrian Pole

Nov 6, 2009, 3:35:43 PM11/6/09
Gatto
Bilyauer
Evsukevich
Berousek
Viktor Kee

Dave Altman

Nov 6, 2009, 4:57:42 PM11/6/09

I'm not surprised that those jugglers never heard of Jason Garfield or Wes
Peden. It's good to know the present juggling scene and who are the people
to watch. There is nothing wrong about knowing who they are, but Jonudry
gave you the first pretty good list of jugglers that a juggler "should"
know. To be fully informed, you should have a balance of today's jugglers
and historical ones. A thing to keep in mind about judging historical
jugglers, they came first and didn't have the benefit of the Internet to
learn from and we don't have as much good footage of their acts, either.
Standards improve and styles change, but even still, some of the older
historical jugglers hold up well.

1. Enrico Rastelli
2. Evgeni Biljauer
3. Sergei Ignatov
4. Francis Brunn
5. Anthony Gatto

There are at least another five that belong on a "should know list" as
much as these people, such as Alexander Kiss, Bobby May, and W.C. Fields,
among others. I'm a little surprised no one has mentioned any women, like
Trixie, Lottie Brunn, or an active juggler, like Francoise Rochais.

Dave Altman

Lewis Kennedy

Nov 6, 2009, 5:05:06 PM11/6/09

wow thanks for that link, this guy is awesome. can't belive what i am
seeing.

haha. i do remember you, your awesome and funny, lol

David Cain

Nov 6, 2009, 5:22:09 PM11/6/09
Upon further reflection, I'd have to say. in no particular order,

1. Enrico Rastelli
2. Evgeni Biljauer

3. Alexander Kiss

4. Francis Brunn
5. Anthony Gatto

This is similar to what I said earlier, but I've replaced Ignatov with
Kiss. Kiss was before Ignatov, and although Ignatov was probably more
artistic, I prefer Kiss' act. His tricks were more original and
complex. Igantov's tricks have all been equaled, but I've never seen
several of Kiss' tricks done even in practice. Plus, Kiss was the
first to do 5 club back crosses. Without Kiss there would be no
Ignatov, since Kiss' sister was Ignatov's coach. That's my
reasoning. In a way it's funny. Rastelli inspired Brunn. Kiss
inspired Ignatov. Biljauer inspired Gatto (it would at least seem to
me).
David Cain

ultimatewannabe

Nov 6, 2009, 5:53:44 PM11/6/09
Ben Thompson wrote:

> I feel so honored right now.

You flashed 7 clubs using perhaps the worst grip possible for holding 7
clubs (my grip, actually) in just a couple tries. It took me weeks to
learn how to do that.

I heard you can do a 3 club windmill with 720s instead of 360s in between
each catch. Please post a video of that if you film it.

Mike

J Clark

Nov 6, 2009, 5:57:05 PM11/6/09

Thanks! An all around excellent post.

I actually learned to juggle from an old copy of Juggling With Finesse,
and I have a huge amount of respect for some of the older jugglers. Based
upon what seems to be the overwhelming response to this thread, I think I
need to pick 2-3 that aren't extremely recent. Francis Brunn is a definite
must, and I think Bobby May could be another fine choice.

I guess my problem is that I decided to pick 5. 5 is a really small number
of jugglers, and there is no way to fully capture much with that. So, to
narrow it down, I guess I just naturally gravitated towards 5 more recent
jugglers. And to be totally honest, I am not interested in showing them
recent siteswap juggling. I understand siteswap, and I practice a few of
them often, but only when I think that the pattern has intrinsic beauty
and is noticeably different to non-jugglers.

In my opinion, the argument of who to choose is really unimportant. There
is no way you could possibly give a survey of juggling by showing 10
jugglers, and you'd probably struggle if you could only do 25. My goal is
to introduce some club members to a few jugglers that they've never heard
of, and then to work from there to keep them learning.

On a bit of a side note, I remember watching Mark Faje attempt to
replicate Bobby May's cigarette trick at a renegade show at IJA Reno. It
took him dozens of tries, and he repeatedly caught the wrong end of the
match. Although comical, it was incredibly insightful to me to see how
impossible this trick really is. I think that consistent execution of this
feat is probably much more challenging than anything I can do.

Thanks for your insightful post,
Jeff

gantenbein

Nov 6, 2009, 5:57:17 PM11/6/09
Steven Ragatz wrote:

> J Clark wrote:
> >
> > Hi Everyone,
> >
> > At a recent club meeting, I casually mentioned the name Jason Garfield,
> > only to find that the four jugglers I was talking to had never heard of
> > him! I put in a petition to the club to try to remedy this.
> >
> > So, in two weeks, I'm going to give a short presentation with video clips
> > to our club detailing 5 jugglers every juggler should know. The problem,
> > of course, is that the list of jugglers I like is far too long. So far, I
> > have two I really want to share, but I'm looking for input about who else
> > I should talk about.
> > Jason Garfield (Love him or hate him, he's definitely been a big innovator
> > in the juggling community in the last few years.)
> > Wes Peden (Who doesn't like Wes? Everyone should see some of his work.)
> >
> > So, if you were presented with an opportunity to only share five jugglers,
> > who would you choose? Should I take either (or both) of these two off of
> > my list?
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Jeff
> >

> In order:
>
> Anthony Gatto (sheer technique)
> Michael Moschen (artistic)
> Francis Brunn (historical)
> Michael Davis or The Flying Karamazov Brothers (pick one for comedy)
> Viktor Kee (cirque)
>
> That was too easy.
>
> Steven Ragatz

Well to be honest the first name that crossed my mind when reading the
title of the post was Steven Ragatz. Deciding who to drop from the
aforementioned list is difficult however, because there are more than 5
jugglers every juggler should know about. I would certainly include Sergei
Ignatov and Enrico Rastelli and I strongly agree with Anthony Gatto,
Francis Brunn and Michael Moschen. I personally also like Vova Galchenko's
style when it comes to technical juggling. Then there are Wes Peden,
Thomas Dietz and Ivan Pecel. But whenever I want to show someone who
hasn't seen a lot of jugglers the beauty of juggling I pull out your hat
and ball routine.

Steffen

J Clark

Nov 6, 2009, 6:06:30 PM11/6/09

Thanks for this post. I suspect I have been unclear.

I don't want my friends to get involved in internet juggling community
drama (because it's boring), but I would like to point them in *a*
direction for inspiration. Most of my club members have never seen anyone
juggling outside of our club, and I think they need to start looking for
someone that inspires them.

Part of my reason for posting this is to get an idea for who is inspired
by who. My goal is to cast a wider net so that I don't end up sharing a
group of jugglers that might only be interesting to me. Also, I guess I
have leaned towards more recent jugglers so that my friends can look
forward to seeing them live one day. I know that for me, this made a huge
difference in my feelings about juggling.

J Clark

Nov 6, 2009, 6:09:40 PM11/6/09

Francoise Rochais is actually on my draft list. She is unbelievable. I
remember watching her and Viktor Kee running 7 clubs and 9 balls side by
side in the gym once, and it was mind blowing. Francoise has beautiful
form. I'm definitely a big fan.

Allison0z

Nov 6, 2009, 6:51:51 PM11/6/09
i know ivan pecel. jason garfield, charlie chaplen, ryo yabe, and matt hall

Rhidders

Nov 6, 2009, 7:23:45 PM11/6/09
J Clark wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> At a recent club meeting, I casually mentioned the name Jason Garfield,
> only to find that the four jugglers I was talking to had never heard of
> him! I put in a petition to the club to try to remedy this.
>
> So, in two weeks, I'm going to give a short presentation with video clips
> to our club detailing 5 jugglers every juggler should know. The problem,
> of course, is that the list of jugglers I like is far too long. So far, I
> have two I really want to share, but I'm looking for input about who else
> I should talk about.
> Jason Garfield (Love him or hate him, he's definitely been a big innovator
> in the juggling community in the last few years.)
> Wes Peden (Who doesn't like Wes? Everyone should see some of his work.)
>
> So, if you were presented with an opportunity to only share five jugglers,
> who would you choose? Should I take either (or both) of these two off of
> my list?
>
> Thanks!
> Jeff

I must admit I am not all that clued up on the jugglers of the past such
as Brunn or Rastelli, only read what I had in my juggling teaching book.
What I have noticed that some people in this thread have put "old school"
vaudeville (right spelling) jugglers and modern sport jugglers...so as i
am a n00b to the majority of the juggling world...here is my list of
modern jugglers..no order mind

1. Anthony Gatto - mainly because he's one of the more famous jugglers
that I know of. That may seem a bit silly to some of you but I knew of
Anthony way before I actually took up juggling.

2. Viktor Kee - in my view possibly the most well known act from Cirque Du
Soleil. Even though the juggling isnt execptionally high compared to
Gatto's act, it still is awesome to watch even after this long time after
his departure.

3 - Thomas Dietz - I think he should be in here well...coz I think he's a
fab juggler. Exceptional at 7 balls from what I have seen on youtube.

4 - Here I cheat a bit and put The Galchenkos....I know that classed as 2
people but I put Vova and Olga because of their passing, despite their
individual epicness with skill and precision, their technical passing can
not be beaten.

5 - Wes Peden - I absolutely love Wes!! I think he is the king of "outside
the box" juggling, totally invovative with his style yet still has a
concrete base in technical juggling.

Yes, I know I have left out Jason Garfield, I dont deny the highest level
of technical juggling he and but I do think he has given the juggling
world a huge boost with the creation of the WJF, without the WJF Thomas
Dietz wouldnt have obtained his current stupidly high skill level.

Emman

Nov 6, 2009, 7:58:08 PM11/6/09
David Cain wrote:
> Ignatov's tricks have all been equaled

He performed 11 rings, 9 rings pulldown and a 7 rings routine of 5 tricks
on a daily basis, that is not equaled at all.

Emman

Dave Altman

Nov 6, 2009, 8:45:16 PM11/6/09
Rhidders wrote:
> without the WJF Thomas
> Dietz wouldnt have obtained his current stupidly high skill level.

Does Thomas think that is true?

Dave Altman

Sam Malcolm

Nov 6, 2009, 10:55:32 PM11/6/09
Emman wrote:

> David Cain wrote:
> > Ignatov's tricks have all been equaled
>
> He performed 11 rings, 9 rings pulldown and a 7 rings routine of 5 tricks
> on a daily basis, that is not equaled at all.
>
> Emman

Gatto does a 9 ring pulldown and a 7 ring routine. Theres probably
multiple circus performers that flash 11 rings in their show as well as do
a 9 ring pull down and 7 ring routine. So maybe Ignatov's tricks have been
surpassed to some degree or another.

Sam Malcolm

Nov 6, 2009, 10:56:39 PM11/6/09
Dave Altman wrote:

> Rhidders wrote:
> > without the WJF Thomas
> > Dietz wouldnt have obtained his current stupidly high skill level.
>
> Does Thomas think that is true?
>
> Dave Altman

That definitely doesn't seem fair to say The WJF is the reason Thomas
Dietz is good. he was good before shakes the clown started The WJF.

gantenbein

Nov 7, 2009, 5:31:58 AM11/7/09
Sam Malcolm wrote:

> Dave Altman wrote:
> >
> > Rhidders wrote:
> > > without the WJF Thomas
> > > Dietz wouldnt have obtained his current stupidly high skill level.
> >
> > Does Thomas think that is true?
> >
> > Dave Altman
> >

> That definitely doesn't seem fair to say The WJF is the reason Thomas
> Dietz is good. he was good before shakes the clown started The WJF.

Agreed!

Rhidders

Nov 7, 2009, 7:05:52 AM11/7/09
gantenbein wrote:

> Sam Malcolm wrote:
> >
> > Dave Altman wrote:

> > > Does Thomas think that is true?
> > >
> > > Dave Altman
> > >

> > That definitely doesn't seem fair to say The WJF is the reason Thomas
> > Dietz is good. he was good before shakes the clown started The WJF.
> >
> Agreed!

I didnt mean that Thomas was mediocre before the WJF was set up. I
actaully mean due to the pure competition and drive to win he has pushed
his skill level further. Do you think Garfield has the same 7 ball skill
level as Thomas? I personally dont think so

pclynes7

Nov 7, 2009, 12:01:34 PM11/7/09
This is the video of 9b 9up 360

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbLSiAFtp5I

Now it's not confirmed by tape that he kept it going, but very solid
pattern

Very nice trick

pclynes7

Nov 7, 2009, 12:04:37 PM11/7/09

I have to say i can't confirm it. there were rumours going around that he
flashed 9 clubs on his juggling masters dvd, although he didn't say it.
when i brought it up someone said he had launched 9 clubs at the wjf. I
don't know how many catches i'm afraid.

But in under a week i'll post a video of my trying 9 clubs :)
although it'll be horrible lol

pclynes7

Nov 7, 2009, 12:20:04 PM11/7/09
i think that dietz has proven that his all round juggling is better than
garfield's, open to discussion, and i don't think that Dietz owes his
skill to the WJF completely, but it probably was a bit more of a push for
him and a boost to his confidence.

Funny story, Dietz was told when he was learning juggling that the best
juggler could do 17 balls, and he thought he could start calling himself a
mediocre juggler when he was 16 and could do 9 balls lol

Jay Gilligan

Nov 7, 2009, 12:56:48 PM11/7/09
Emman wrote:

> David Cain wrote:
> > Ignatov's tricks have all been equaled
>
> He performed 11 rings, 9 rings pulldown and a 7 rings routine of 5 tricks
> on a daily basis, that is not equaled at all.
>
> Emman

i thought that as well until i talked to karl-heinz about ignatov's 11
ring performances. it turns out he
didn't do the 11 very often at all, just for some publicity stunts a few
times only when he was in america
for ringling brothers (and the IJA in 91). same goes for the whole 7 ring
routine. but yeah, the 9 ring
pulldown was in most every show he did/does...

edward

Nov 7, 2009, 1:09:23 PM11/7/09
pclynes7 wrote:

> This is the video of 9b 9up 360
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbLSiAFtp5I
>
> Now it's not confirmed by tape that he kept it going, but very solid
> pattern
>
> Very nice trick

pretty sure he does it into a collect

Emman

Nov 7, 2009, 1:26:44 PM11/7/09

Thanks for the insight. I thought he did one of those in every show he did
when he was in his prime. Do you know if he ever did both of them in the
same show?

Emman

Rhidders

Nov 7, 2009, 4:37:48 PM11/7/09
I actually didnt know that!! I did see thomas when he was in BJC at
Cardiff...and thought he was awesome. Now...he is just INSANE..hence he's
in my list

Steven Ragatz

Nov 7, 2009, 7:42:34 PM11/7/09
Steven Ragatz wrote:

> In order:
>
> Anthony Gatto (sheer technique)
> Michael Moschen (artistic)
> Francis Brunn (historical)
> Michael Davis or The Flying Karamazov Brothers (pick one for comedy)
> Viktor Kee (cirque)
>
> That was too easy.
>
> Steven Ragatz

Wow, I've read through most of the lists here and am really surprised at
some of the ignorance (ignorance means being uninformed, not stupid), or
at the very least a lack of sophistication. Doesn't anyone else see
'juggling' as crossing over different genres? It's not just
who-does-the-most! There are so many names being mentioned that, although
they are talented and highly skilled, all have the same repetoire with the
same props! From a juggling perspective, they're the same.

I think that this is a great topic, if for no other reason than it might
inspire some r.j folk to branch out and find some of those listed who have
unique styles, work in different genres with different goals than numbers,
and who bring life to juggling without just crunching numbers. Oh yes,
and most of them don't show up to juggling festivals.

If I had to make a second tier 'must' list, it would be:

Enrico Rastelli (High technical level in traditional Circus)
Bobby May (American style with a vaudeville influence)
Chris Kremo (Cabaret style)
Lottie Brunn (Female sensibility in traditional circus)
Victor Pilipovich & Anatoly Miagkostupov (Need some passing again)

Ignatov and Kiss could be in there as well...

Steven Ragatz

thatguy

Nov 7, 2009, 8:05:30 PM11/7/09
J Clark wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> At a recent club meeting, I casually mentioned the name Jason Garfield,
> only to find that the four jugglers I was talking to had never heard of
> him! I put in a petition to the club to try to remedy this.
>
> So, in two weeks, I'm going to give a short presentation with video clips
> to our club detailing 5 jugglers every juggler should know. The problem,
> of course, is that the list of jugglers I like is far too long. So far, I
> have two I really want to share, but I'm looking for input about who else
> I should talk about.
> Jason Garfield (Love him or hate him, he's definitely been a big innovator
> in the juggling community in the last few years.)
> Wes Peden (Who doesn't like Wes? Everyone should see some of his work.)
>
> So, if you were presented with an opportunity to only share five jugglers,
> who would you choose? Should I take either (or both) of these two off of
> my list?
>
> Thanks!
> Jeff

Like you said, Jason Garfield. He has probably done the most work of
anyone in getting juggling into the view of the general populace.
The Galchenkos. They are probably the most well known jugglers in the
world right now.
Gatto. The best at numbers.
Michael Moschen. He is one of the most influential jugglers.
Thank you,
thatguy

isaac

Nov 8, 2009, 3:30:45 AM11/8/09
On Nov 7, 6:42 pm, st...@stevenragatz.com.nospam.com (Steven Ragatz)
wrote:
> Steven Ragatz wrote:
(Good stuff, as usual.)

Limiting myself to 5 people is silly, so I'll just list a bunch of
jugglers in arbitrary, overlapping categories. Yay!

The technical masters of the big 3 (balls, rings/plates, or clubs/
sticks): Anthony Gatto, Alexander Kiss, Sergei Ignatov, Bilyauer, The
Qian brothers, Vova Galchenko, Pavel Evsukevich, Alexander Kulakov,
Albert Petrovski, Enrico Rastelli, Dmitri Chernov, Nikolai Gerasimov,
Alan Sulc, Thomas Dietz, and a boat load of other Soviet/Russian/
Easter European jugglers that I don't know about/can't remember too.

The performers: (Lots of the above, of course) Viktor Kee, Francis
Brunn, Kris Kremo, Ragatz, Get the Shoe, Michael Moschen, Bob Bramson

The people that are just damn fun to watch: Wes Peden, Komei Aoki, and
many other people, but I'm quite sleepy now.

Ewano

Nov 8, 2009, 9:37:54 AM11/8/09
Emman wrote:

> David Cain wrote:
> > Ignatov's tricks have all been equaled
>
> He performed 11 rings, 9 rings pulldown and a 7 rings routine of 5 tricks
> on a daily basis, that is not equaled at all.
>
> Emman

I've seen footage recorded backstage of Ignatove performing an 11 ring
pull down with holsters from running 9 rings..

In fact it's on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNTFcxfkJ68

at the 4 minute mark..

Saying that though, Gatto's 9 ring pull down with headbounce is somewhat
astonishing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2XqJk0BQIY

I would be tempted to say more so than Ignatovs 11 ring pulldown..

Ewano - who knows this has been posed before this year, but thinks it's
relevant..

Emman

Nov 8, 2009, 10:59:20 AM11/8/09

Gatto did the 11 rings pulldown too.
I watch the linked video about 2-3 times per week :) Just so I remember
how beautiful flawless technical ring juggling is before I go practice.

I personally like 11 rings better, it's gigantic.
Emman

KooKie

Nov 8, 2009, 7:15:00 PM11/8/09
isaac wrote:

> On Nov 7, 6:42�pm, st...@stevenragatz.com.nospam.com (Steven Ragatz)
> wrote:
> > Steven Ragatz wrote:
> (Good stuff, as usual.)
>
> Easter European jugglers

eheaheaheahea

> Komei Aoki

yay!

Little Paul

Nov 9, 2009, 5:50:12 AM11/9/09
On 2009-11-08, thatguy <ppol...@hotmail.com.nospam.com> wrote:

> Like you said, Jason Garfield. He has probably done the most work of
> anyone in getting juggling into the view of the general populace.

Bollocks.

Dave Finnigan is responsible for more people learning to juggle than
Jason Garfield.

-Paul
--
http://paulseward.com

Little Paul

Nov 9, 2009, 5:54:13 AM11/9/09
On 2009-11-08, Steven Ragatz <st...@stevenragatz.com.nospam.com> wrote:

> Steven Ragatz wrote:
>
> Wow, I've read through most of the lists here and am really surprised at
> some of the ignorance (ignorance means being uninformed, not stupid), or
> at the very least a lack of sophistication.

You're just sore because no one has mentioned you yet!

You and Pat McGuire are worth showing to any juggling club for that tortilla
chip routine if nothing else. It's a marvelous piece of constructive thinking.

-Paul
--
http://paulseward.com

Little Paul

Nov 9, 2009, 5:55:01 AM11/9/09
On 2009-11-06, TK <tkn...@wejuggle2.com> wrote:

>> There's no point in ranting about those threads, no one listens. This
>> thread however, presents an opportunity to reverse some of that narrow
>> mindedness.
>
> You big dummy, the internet is about talking, not listening.

I've got twitter for my "shouting into the darkness" interwebnet fix.

-Paul
--
http://paulseward.com

Ewano

Nov 9, 2009, 6:29:16 AM11/9/09

I was expecting you to comment on this LP, but I had my money on you going
down the Rastelli route of genral fame..

Ewano - who tried to learn to juggle using Daves book, but couldn't master
growing a good enough moustache..

Little Paul

Nov 9, 2009, 6:36:29 AM11/9/09
On 2009-11-09, Ewano <er.i.th...@no.spam.for.me.matey.nospam.com> wrote:

> I was expecting you to comment on this LP, but I had my money on you going
> down the Rastelli route of genral fame..

Glad I can still be unpredictable occasionally.

-Paul
--
http://paulseward.com

Scott Seltzer

Nov 9, 2009, 6:47:37 AM11/9/09

I'd say that John Cassidy has done more than either of them.

-Scott

Little Paul

Nov 9, 2009, 7:05:02 AM11/9/09
On 2009-11-09, Scott Seltzer <sc...@juggler.net.nospam.com> wrote:
> Little Paul wrote:
>>
>> On 2009-11-08, thatguy <ppol...@hotmail.com.nospam.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Like you said, Jason Garfield. He has probably done the most work of
>> > anyone in getting juggling into the view of the general populace.
>>
>> Bollocks.
>>
>> Dave Finnigan is responsible for more people learning to juggle than
>> Jason Garfield.
>
> I'd say that John Cassidy has done more than either of them.

I think it would probably be a close run thing. John Cassidy has almost
certainly sold more books than Dave, but Dave's got to claw back some of
that in workshops/schools programs.

I suspect the number of people who recognised the name "John Cassidy"
is probably lower than either Dave or Jason (Even I had to check it was
who I thought it was!) - possibly even amongst those whose juggling careers
he's responsible for.

-Paul
--
http://paulseward.com

Paul Lind

Nov 9, 2009, 2:40:20 PM11/9/09
edward wrote:

> pclynes7 wrote:
> >
> > This is the video of 9b 9up 360
> >
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbLSiAFtp5I
> >
> > Now it's not confirmed by tape that he kept it going, but very solid
> > pattern
> >
> > Very nice trick
> >

> pretty sure he does it into a collect

Yes, I saw it before his hard disk got destroyed.

Paul Lind

Nov 9, 2009, 2:44:49 PM11/9/09
edward wrote:

> pclynes7 wrote:
> >
> > This is the video of 9b 9up 360
> >
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbLSiAFtp5I
> >
> > Now it's not confirmed by tape that he kept it going, but very solid
> > pattern
> >
> > Very nice trick
> >

> pretty sure he does it into a collect

Yes, I saw it before his hard disk got destroyed.

Dave Cheetham

Nov 9, 2009, 6:27:42 PM11/9/09
Ewano wrote:

> Ewano - who tried to learn to juggle using Daves book, but couldn't master
> growing a good enough moustache..

Just bend your lip and go for it.

Dave

Adam Rowney

Nov 9, 2009, 6:57:45 PM11/9/09
Ewano wrote:

> Ewano - who tried to learn to juggle using Daves book, but couldn't master
> growing a good enough moustache..

What about now? Could come into use when explaining what to
do with a 2 when juggling a pattern in Bristol...

Steven Ragatz

Nov 10, 2009, 9:17:15 AM11/10/09

No, I don't think juggling clubs and festivals should be showing videos of
me at there events - that's what plane tickets and guest invitations are
for! :)

Honestly, I'm touched that a couple of folk here believe me for
consideration on the short list. There's nothing more flattering than to
be praised by one's peers.

gantenbein

Nov 10, 2009, 10:06:14 AM11/10/09
Little Paul wrote:

> On 2009-11-08, Steven Ragatz <st...@stevenragatz.com.nospam.com> wrote:
> > Steven Ragatz wrote:
> >
> > Wow, I've read through most of the lists here and am really surprised at
> > some of the ignorance (ignorance means being uninformed, not stupid), or
> > at the very least a lack of sophistication.
>
> You're just sore because no one has mentioned you yet!

[snip]

I did!

Ben Thompson

Nov 10, 2009, 3:17:20 PM11/10/09
ultimatewannabe wrote:

> Ben Thompson wrote:
> >
> > I feel so honored right now.
> >

> You flashed 7 clubs using perhaps the worst grip possible for holding 7
> clubs (my grip, actually) in just a couple tries. It took me weeks to
> learn how to do that.
>
> I heard you can do a 3 club windmill with 720s instead of 360s in between
> each catch. Please post a video of that if you film it.
>
> Mike

I'm still pretty proud of that seven club flash using the death grip. It's
among the most difficult things I can do, I think.

I only ever pulled off the three stage 2160 once and never bothered to try
again, but should I have a good spinning day sometime I'll give it another
go.

Ewano

Nov 10, 2009, 6:30:55 PM11/10/09
Steven Ragatz wrote:

> Honestly, I'm touched that a couple of folk here believe me for
> consideration on the short list. There's nothing more flattering than to
> be praised by one's peers.

I wouldn't put you on the list - can't even do "oh shits"[1]. Never mind
Steve - that's what you get for not "doing it wrong".

;)

Ewano - remembering our differences ..

[1] Half overspun club caught on bulb then given a half spin to "correct"
it..

Steven Ragatz

Nov 10, 2009, 11:09:58 PM11/10/09

Yeah, but I know how to deal with "what the fucks[1]".

And I have been wrong before - thought I was wrong, but it turned out I
was right.

[1] Hack jugglers who keep throwing half overspun clubs.

Steve

tomterm8

Nov 11, 2009, 2:33:27 PM11/11/09
Little Paul wrote:

> And go buy a copy of "Virtuosos of juggling" or "Juggling with finnesse"
> to show them as well. </rant>
>
> -Paul

Thanks. I've put an order in for the books you recommend.

Personally, even as a relative newcomer to juggling (at 8 months) I think
I can say any list without Rastelli in it is probably wrong. Peter bone
uploaded a video of his work over on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mowNKg1vhl8&feature=channel . What he could
do is just stunning.

thatguy

Nov 11, 2009, 10:10:41 PM11/11/09

The generation gap is interesting here. I had no idea who that was until I
looked him up. Same with Sean Cassidy.

Dan Holzman

Nov 11, 2009, 10:45:13 PM11/11/09
My top ten list of jugglers every juggler should know
1)Enrico Rastelli
2)Francis Brunn
3)Kris Kremo
4)Anthony Gatto
5)Bob Bramson
6)Sergi Ignatov
7)Bobby May
8)Rudy Horn
9)Felix Adanos
10) Paul Cinquevalli

David Cain

Nov 12, 2009, 11:14:02 AM11/12/09

That's a great top ten list, Dan. As I said earlier, I would still
want to get Kiss in their some way, though.
David Cain

Ewano

Nov 13, 2009, 5:34:51 AM11/13/09
Steven Ragatz wrote:

> Ewano wrote:
> >
> > I wouldn't put you on the list - can't even do "oh shits"[1]. Never mind
> > Steve - that's what you get for not "doing it wrong".
> >
> > ;)
> >
> > Ewano - remembering our differences ..
> >
> > [1] Half overspun club caught on bulb then given a half spin to "correct"
> > it..
> >

> Yeah, but I know how to deal with "what the fucks[1]".

They're only overspun[a] if you didn't intend to catch them by the wrong
end[b].

> And I have been wrong before - thought I was wrong, but it turned out I
> was right.
>
> [1] Hack jugglers who keep throwing half overspun clubs.
>
> Steve

[a] I realise that using this term does kinda ruin my argument for the
lack of a wrong end..

[b] I give up, you win - this time Ragatz..

Ewano - noting "I have been wrong before" and wondering if this is the
admission in writing that might be Steves undoing...