Re: Fifteen [VIDEO]

Dave Cheetham

Jul 1, 2012, 10:15:27 PM7/1/12
On 29/06/12 11:25 AM, Clarke Surrey wrote:
> A quick new promo that I had the pleasure of shooting last weekend! I know it's a bit short but hopefully you enjoy the shots, editing, and of course, the juggling. All comments and suggestions are welcome! I'll hopefully be putting out a full length video sometime this Summer! Thanks everyone and juggle on! :D

You're right, it was a bit short.

Cheers,
Dave

Janion

Jul 3, 2012, 7:18:35 AM7/3/12
Clarke Surrey wrote:
> A quick new promo that I had the pleasure of shooting last weekend! I know =
> it's a bit short but hopefully you enjoy the shots, editing, and of course,=
> the juggling. All comments and suggestions are welcome! I'll hopefully be =
> putting out a full length video sometime this Summer! Thanks everyone and j=
> uggle on! :D

The curse strikes again

Clarke Surrey

Jul 10, 2012, 10:38:15 PM7/10/12
On Sunday, July 1, 2012 7:15:27 PM UTC-7, Dave Cheetham wrote:
> On 29/06/12 11:25 AM, Clarke Surrey wrote:
> > A quick new promo that I had the pleasure of shooting last weekend! I know it's a bit short but hopefully you enjoy the shots, editing, and of course, the juggling. All comments and suggestions are welcome! I'll hopefully be putting out a full length video sometime this Summer! Thanks everyone and juggle on! :D
>
> You're right, it was a bit short.
>
> Cheers,
> Dave

Well I'm sorry the work I did put in wasn't good enough for you. Next time I'll make something 10 minutes long and boring as hell just to please the audience who doesn't care about juggling, just wasting 10 minutes of their lives online. :)

Cheers,
Clarke

Clarke Surrey

Jul 10, 2012, 10:35:40 PM7/10/12
On Tuesday, July 3, 2012 4:18:35 AM UTC-7, Janion wrote:
> Clarke Surrey wrote:
> > A quick new promo that I had the pleasure of shooting last weekend! I know =
> > it's a bit short but hopefully you enjoy the shots, editing, and of course,=
> > the juggling. All comments and suggestions are welcome! I'll hopefully be =
> > putting out a full length video sometime this Summer! Thanks everyone and j=
> > uggle on! :D
> >

> The curse strikes again
>
> --

Curse? :/

Little Paul

Jul 11, 2012, 5:09:59 AM7/11/12
On 2012-07-11, Clarke Surrey <surre...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well I'm sorry the work I did put in wasn't good enough for you.

Oh do take that stick out of your arse and "Calm Down Dear!"

I think Daves point was that you'd forgotten to include the link to the
video in your post, which means that it took him literally 0secs to watch
your video - which is "a bit short" in anyones book.

-Paul
--
http://paulseward.com

Dave Cheetham

Jul 18, 2012, 10:52:52 PM7/18/12
What Paul said.

Dave

Mike Moore

Jul 19, 2012, 8:07:07 AM7/19/12
Clarke Surrey wrote:
> On Tuesday, July 3, 2012 4:18:35 AM UTC-7, Janion wrote:
> > Clarke Surrey wrote:
> > > A quick new promo that I had the pleasure of shooting last weekend! I know =
> > > it&#39;s a bit short but hopefully you enjoy the shots, editing, and of course,=
> > > the juggling. All comments and suggestions are welcome! I&#39;ll hopefully be =
> > > putting out a full length video sometime this Summer! Thanks everyone and j=
> > > uggle on! :D
> > >

> > The curse strikes again
> >
> > --
>
> Curse? :/

Long-time rec.juggling curse: to forget to put the link of your video.

Mike

Scott Seltzer

Jul 19, 2012, 9:00:34 AM7/19/12
On Thursday, July 19, 2012 5:52:52 AM UTC+3, Dave Cheetham wrote:
> On 11/07/12 7:09 PM, Little Paul wrote:
> &gt; On 2012-07-11, Clarke Surrey&gt; wrote:
> &gt;&gt;
> &gt;&gt; Well I&#39;m sorry the work I did put in wasn&#39;t good enough for you.
> &gt;
> &gt; Oh do take that stick out of your arse and &quot;Calm Down Dear!&quot;
> &gt;
> &gt; I think Daves point was that you&#39;d forgotten to include the link to the
> &gt; video in your post, which means that it took him literally 0secs to watch
> &gt; your video - which is &quot;a bit short&quot; in anyones book.
> &gt;
> &gt; -Paul
>
> What Paul said.

And I thought it was something that Dave did wrong here. On google groups, the proper Fifteen thread came up fine with a link and all: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.juggling/Z9GBsAeA1D0/sqMEXms0d8EJ

On google groups, this (improper) Fifteen thread starts with Dave quoting something that original never appeared otherwise in google groups (though I do see it on www.jugglehub.com). Perhaps Clarke deleted it in Google (is that possible?) but it had already propagated to the other servers? Anyway, I would have thought that Dave and LP and Janion and Mike were savvy enough to have noticed the real thread that was posted.

-Scott

Little Paul

Jul 19, 2012, 11:24:14 AM7/19/12
On 2012-07-19, Scott Seltzer <sc...@juggler.co.il> wrote:

> On google groups, this (improper) Fifteen thread starts with Dave
> quoting something that original never appeared otherwise in google
> groups (though I do see it on www.jugglehub.com). Perhaps Clarke
> deleted it in Google (is that possible?) but it had already
> propagated to the other servers?

This "improper" thread has an earlier timestamp on it on my feed than
the one which contains the link.

I don't know if the OP in this thread failed to make it to google (which
seems to happen from time to time, even for posts made through google)
or if Clarke revoked it somehow (which is possible, but generally not
honoured by anything other than the original server these days)

> Anyway, I would have thought that Dave and LP and Janion and Mike were
> savvy enough to have noticed the real thread that was posted.

Oh I noticed it, I wasn't making any kind of comment about the lack of
the link, merely explaining daves post and reacting to the over the top
extremely touchy toys-out-of-the-pram response dave got.

-Paul
--
http://paulseward.com

Dave Cheetham

Jul 23, 2012, 12:21:06 AM7/23/12
Yeah, I too, saw the correctly posted link (and quite enjoyed the video,
for that matter), but I only saw it a couple of days after posting my
off-hand comment on Clarke's initial post. At that stage, there'd been
no response to my post, so I thought there'd be no point dredging to
mention that I'd found his corrected post.

Cheers,
Dave