JuggleHub Released

Niall Kelly

May 14, 2012, 7:17:09 PM5/14/12
Hi Everyone,

The JuggleHub has now been released! You can now visit www.jugglehub.com and
use the web interface for reading and posting to rec.jugging. Its possible
to login with Google, Facebook and Twitter, or you can create a JuggleHub
account.

Some features:

Threads are categorisable, and articles can be marked as spam by admins.
Instant search within categories.
You can claim existing rec.juggling posts so that they appear in your profile.
Youtube videos are embedded in the article display.
A playlist of your youtube videos can be embedded on your profile.

Feel free to let me know if you uncover any bugs or if there are any features
you'd like to see!

Niall

Jay Linn

May 14, 2012, 7:52:04 PM5/14/12
Niall Kelly wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> The JuggleHub has now been released! You can now visit www.jugglehub.com and
> use the web interface for reading and posting to rec.jugging. Its possible
> to login with Google, Facebook and Twitter, or you can create a JuggleHub
> account.
>
> Some features:
>
> Threads are categorisable, and articles can be marked as spam by admins.
> Instant search within categories.
> You can claim existing rec.juggling posts so that they appear in your profile.
> Youtube videos are embedded in the article display.
> A playlist of your youtube videos can be embedded on your profile.
>
> Feel free to let me know if you uncover any bugs or if there are any features
> you'd like to see!
>
> Niall

Jay Linn

May 14, 2012, 8:05:07 PM5/14/12
On Tue, 15 May 2012 00:52:04 +0100, Jay Linn
<jay.at.the...@com.com> wrote:

That did not go well.

--
Jay Linn

http://juggler.net/lestival

Niall Kelly

May 14, 2012, 8:20:35 PM5/14/12
Niall Kelly wrote:
&gt; Hi Everyone,
&gt;
&gt; The JuggleHub has now been released! You can now visit www.jugglehub.com and
&gt; use the web interface for reading and posting to rec.jugging. Its possible
&gt; to login with Google, Facebook and Twitter, or you can create a JuggleHub
&gt; account.
&gt;
&gt; Some features:
&gt;
&gt; Threads are categorisable, and articles can be marked as spam by admins.
&gt; Instant search within categories.
&gt; You can claim existing rec.juggling posts so that they appear in your profile.
&gt; Youtube videos are embedded in the article display.
&gt; A playlist of your youtube videos can be embedded on your profile.
&gt;
&gt; Feel free to let me know if you uncover any bugs or if there are any features
&gt; you'd like to see!
&gt;
&gt; Niall
&gt;

Sorry about that.. There appears to be some bugs with posting reply messages.
I might have to take the site offline until I sort these issues out.

pumpkineater23

May 14, 2012, 9:10:53 PM5/14/12
Niall Kelly wrote:
&gt; Niall Kelly wrote:
&gt; &gt; Hi Everyone,
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; The JuggleHub has now been released! You can now visit www.jugglehub.com and
&gt; &gt; use the web interface for reading and posting to rec.jugging. Its possible
&gt; &gt; to login with Google, Facebook and Twitter, or you can create a JuggleHub
&gt; &gt; account.
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; Some features:
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; Threads are categorisable, and articles can be marked as spam by admins.
&gt; &gt; Instant search within categories.
&gt; &gt; You can claim existing rec.juggling posts so that they appear in your profile.
&gt; &gt; Youtube videos are embedded in the article display.
&gt; &gt; A playlist of your youtube videos can be embedded on your profile.
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; Feel free to let me know if you uncover any bugs or if there are any features
&gt; &gt; you'd like to see!
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; Niall
&gt; &gt;
&gt;
&gt; Sorry about that.. There appears to be some bugs with posting reply messages.
&gt; I might have to take the site offline until I sort these issues out.
&gt;

testing..

pumpkineater23

May 14, 2012, 9:13:06 PM5/14/12
pumpkineater23 wrote:
&gt; Niall Kelly wrote:
&gt; &gt; Niall Kelly wrote:
&gt; &gt; &gt; Hi Everyone,
&gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; The JuggleHub has now been released! You can now visit www.jugglehub.com and
&gt; &gt; &gt; use the web interface for reading and posting to rec.jugging. Its possible
&gt; &gt; &gt; to login with Google, Facebook and Twitter, or you can create a JuggleHub
&gt; &gt; &gt; account.
&gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; Some features:
&gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; Threads are categorisable, and articles can be marked as spam by admins.
&gt; &gt; &gt; Instant search within categories.
&gt; &gt; &gt; You can claim existing rec.juggling posts so that they appear in your profile.
&gt; &gt; &gt; Youtube videos are embedded in the article display.
&gt; &gt; &gt; A playlist of your youtube videos can be embedded on your profile.
&gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; Feel free to let me know if you uncover any bugs or if there are any features
&gt; &gt; &gt; you'd like to see!
&gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; Niall
&gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; Sorry about that.. There appears to be some bugs with posting reply messages.
&gt; &gt; I might have to take the site offline until I sort these issues out.
&gt; &gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; testing..
&gt;

It works!! Reply was instant too.
Nice one Niall, great job.

Pete

Niall Kelly

May 14, 2012, 9:35:52 PM5/14/12
pumpkineater23 wrote:
> pumpkineater23 wrote:
> > Niall Kelly wrote:

> > > Sorry about that.. There appears to be some bugs with posting reply messages.
> > > I might have to take the site offline until I sort these issues out.
> > >

> > testing..
> >

> It works!! Reply was instant too.
> Nice one Niall, great job.
>

> Pete

Thanks Pete.

This reply should confirm if the html encoding issue has been fixed... I''m
also having performance issues with the database indexes so I'll have to look
into that tomorrow.

Niall

Dave Cheetham

May 14, 2012, 10:25:30 PM5/14/12
Hi Niall,

This latest reply is looking a lot better in Thunderbird.

Cheers,
Dave

?onglér?v slabiká?

May 15, 2012, 2:42:38 AM5/15/12
JuggleHub looks very well.

Dave Barnes

May 15, 2012, 4:01:57 AM5/15/12
Niall Kelly wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> The JuggleHub has now been released! You can now visit www.jugglehub.com and
> use the web interface for reading and posting to rec.jugging. Its possible
> to login with Google, Facebook and Twitter, or you can create a JuggleHub
> account.

Looks great!

I had some trouble getting in just now - my google account seemed OK but then
jugglehub wouldn't let me in, and I was getting an immediate errror when I
tried the FB authentication. In time honoured fashion, I don't have a copy of
the error message! Will see if I can get it again once I've posted this in
case nobody else has reported it or seen it yet.

Thanks again for giving RJ the love it deserves,
Dave

PS - just had 'An error occurred while trying to post your message. Error
message: 441 Excessive nymshifting' when trying to post this

Little Paul

May 15, 2012, 4:10:12 AM5/15/12
On 2012-05-15, Dave Barnes <d...@juggler.net.nospam.com> wrote:

> PS - just had 'An error occurred while trying to post your message. Error
> message: 441 Excessive nymshifting' when trying to post this

That is probably the newsprovider at the back end objecting to an excessive
number of usernames posting from a single usenet account.

Niall, are you still using eternal september as a back end, or did you get
as far as setting up a local nntp server and peering?

If you're still with eternal september, you *may* want to check their T&Cs
or get in touch with them about what you're doing and see what they can
arrange.

Also, your references headers seem to be a little broken (looks like they
might be missing for any reply to the top level post apart from the first
one?). You might want to fix that as it's screwing with threading in some
newsreaders. So very nearly there though!

I'm *very* excited by this :)

-Paul
--
http://paulseward.com

Colin E.

May 15, 2012, 4:30:07 AM5/15/12
Little Paul wrote:

> On 2012-05-15, Dave Barnes <d...@juggler.net.nospam.com> wrote:
> >
> > PS - just had 'An error occurred while trying to post your message. Error
> > message: 441 Excessive nymshifting' when trying to post this
>
> That is probably the newsprovider at the back end objecting to an excessive
> number of usernames posting from a single usenet account.
>
> Niall, are you still using eternal september as a back end, or did you get
> as far as setting up a local nntp server and peering?
>
> If you're still with eternal september, you *may* want to check their T&Cs
> or get in touch with them about what you're doing and see what they can
> arrange.

If it helps at all, the IJDb uses Gradwell (http://www.gradwell.com/).
They do prohibit the use of their NNTP service for multiple users, however
I contacted them and described what I was doing, i.e. a portal for a
single newsgroup, rather than a portal to usenet in its entirety. I fund
the guys at Gradwell to be very reasonable, they were happy for me to do
this at no extra cost.

> Also, your references headers seem to be a little broken (looks like they
> might be missing for any reply to the top level post apart from the first
> one?). You might want to fix that as it's screwing with threading in some
> newsreaders. So very nearly there though!

If you haven't done so already, I'd recommend making use of the groups
such as alt.test for testing out your NNTP implementation. I remember
finding out about all kinds of oddities regarding the interpretation of
the NNTP specification!

> I'm *very* excited by this :)

Likewise, great work. Also, I am very happy to see that you are using a
responsive design and have mobile browsers in mind.

Regards,
Colin E.

Dave Barnes

May 15, 2012, 5:06:48 AM5/15/12
On 2012-05-15 08:01:57 +0000, Dave Barnes said:

> Niall Kelly wrote:
>> Hi Everyone,
>>
>> The JuggleHub has now been released! You can now visit www.jugglehub.com and
>> use the web interface for reading and posting to rec.jugging. Its possible
>> to login with Google, Facebook and Twitter, or you can create a JuggleHub
>> account.
>
> Looks great!
>
> I had some trouble getting in just now - my google account seemed OK but then
> jugglehub wouldn't let me in, and I was getting an immediate errror when I
> tried the FB authentication. In time honoured fashion, I don't have a copy of
> the error message! Will see if I can get it again once I've posted this in
> case nobody else has reported it or seen it yet.

Here's the error message FB authentication seems to give me occasionally:

{
"error": {
"message": "Invalid redirect_uri: Given URL is not permitted by
the application configuration.",
"type": "OAuthException",
"code": 191
}
}

Dave

NiallKelly

May 15, 2012, 6:03:07 AM5/15/12
I've disabled message posting and replying for the moment until I sort out
these issues. I'm still using eternal september rather than running my
own newsserver which I was having trouble configuring. I'll look into
using a provider that will allow posting from multiple users.

I notice Dave and Jay appear to have come across the same issue where the
article reference id has gone missing and the footer has somehow been
added more than once, so I'll try looking into this too.

NiallKelly

May 15, 2012, 6:08:32 AM5/15/12
Thanks Dave, I think this is happening when the request is being sent from
jugglehub.com rather than www.jugglehub.com. I'll try fix that this
evening.

Little Paul

May 15, 2012, 6:39:01 AM5/15/12
On 2012-05-15, NiallKelly <nia...@gmail.com.nospam.com> wrote:

> I've disabled message posting and replying for the moment until I sort out
> these issues. I'm still using eternal september rather than running my
> own newsserver which I was having trouble configuring. I'll look into
> using a provider that will allow posting from multiple users.

The guys at eternal september are fairly friendly, as a first step I'd drop
them an email and see what they can sort out for you. They were willing to
make an exception to one of their standard features for me when I asked them
nicely and in an appropriate manner[1]

So give them a go first.

> I notice Dave and Jay appear to have come across the same issue where the
> article reference id has gone missing and the footer has somehow been
> added more than once, so I'll try looking into this too.

Bug fixing is fun isn't it! :)

-Paul
[1] I'm not going to tell you what they turned off for me, suffice it to
say it was chicken related for the monestary. They did it quickly, and
without charging me anything.
--
http://paulseward.com

Niall Kelly

May 17, 2012, 3:11:51 PM5/17/12
I've re-enabled posting to rec.juggling from the site now and the bugs should
be fixed, so it would be great if some of you could try it out to see if
everything's ok. I also tuned the database queries so the list of recent
messages should be a lot quicker now.

pumpkineater23

May 17, 2012, 3:38:05 PM5/17/12
Would it be possible to enter my username instead of full email address to log
into The Hub? It's all looking great.

Pete

pumpkineater23

May 17, 2012, 3:43:18 PM5/17/12
Or if my email address was remembered and popped up when I typed the first
letter that would be even better.

The Void

May 17, 2012, 3:42:07 PM5/17/12
Niall Kelly wrote:
> I've re-enabled posting to rec.juggling from the site now and the bugs should
> be fixed, so it would be great if some of you could try it out to see if
> everything's ok. I also tuned the database queries so the list of recent
> messages should be a lot quicker now.

Okay, I'm in.
First off... major issue... as I clicked the log in button, the address bar
flashed up a url which contained my password. SECURITY HOLE AHOY!

Other than that, liking where you're going with the site, and thanks for the
JTV link!

Cheers,
The Void
Presuming this will post okay....

The Void

May 17, 2012, 3:51:46 PM5/17/12
The Void wrote:
> Presuming this will post okay....

It did. But the view it returned me to immediately afterwards was the thread
with the first post in that thread highlighted, not either the post I just or
the post I just replied to. A small point, but there you go.

The Void
Wrathful mencoder shall be overcome

Niall Kelly

May 17, 2012, 6:01:52 PM5/17/12
Thanks for letting me know. I've deployed a fix for that now.

The Void

May 18, 2012, 6:30:45 AM5/18/12
Niall Kelly wrote:
> > SECURITY HOLE AHOY!
> Thanks for letting me know. I've deployed a fix for that now.

Cool, thanks.

Another thing... I've clicked the "Is this you?" link via one of my older
(IJDb) posts, to reclaim them into my jugglehub account (a nice feature -
thanks), but it's only showing 12 "recent posts" in my profile at the moment.
Are they all still there, but only 12 being displayed? I have rather more than
that... :-)

Cheers,

The Void
Testing uploads a go-go

--
TLMB tees & hoodies: www.tlmb.net/tees : 21 designs

Niall Kelly

May 18, 2012, 6:57:00 AM5/18/12
The authors in my database are separated by the from address that was used to
post, so in some cases users will need to find their older posts and claim
those authors too. Here's a link to the extra author you should add to your
profile: http://jugglehub.com/author/69998

The Void

May 18, 2012, 8:07:39 AM5/18/12
Thanks. I had to find myself a couple more times, and I've now got almost all
my posts. I guess I'll come across the few others in time. Or not worry about
it. :-)

Cheers,

The Void
Callipers on plays

--
TLMB tees & hoodies: www.tlmb.net/tees : 21 designs

Norbi

May 18, 2012, 9:25:19 AM5/18/12
Very nice. I hadn't ventured over since earlier updates and it's looking good
and smooth. So far it's definitely where I'll be rec.juggling.

A small request - add Vimeo to the link options on the profile. More and more
jugglers are using it (better quality, lack of copyright issues, cleaner
pages, etc...) and it'd be nice to have it along side jtv and youtube.
For now I have just put my vimeo link in the youtube field, but it looks kinda
weird on my profile.

Talking of which, very nice job on the profile. Logged in with Facebook then
found a very early post of mine which gave me back a large portion, then a
more recent one which gave me back an even larger portion. Nice feature.

I'll be hanging around,
Norbi

theDee

May 18, 2012, 10:23:53 AM5/18/12
I seem to have claimed 33 [one of those numbers that identifies you as an
Irish person the second you say it]!

Keep up the good work Niall.

Dee

pumpkineater23

May 18, 2012, 10:40:19 AM5/18/12
You're right about Vimeo, I really like it also. Is there any chance that
there will always be a lack of copyright issues with Vimeo or is it just that
it's a little behind youtube, not as large and popular, yet?

Pete

pumpkineater23

May 18, 2012, 12:49:02 PM5/18/12
Ah ha. My apologies. I just realised I can use the Google log in. Very quick
and convenient. Superduper.

Pete

Norbi

May 18, 2012, 1:47:42 PM5/18/12
pumpkineater23 wrote:

> You're right about Vimeo, I really like it also. Is there any chance that
> there will always be a lack of copyright issues with Vimeo or is it just that
> it's a little behind youtube, not as large and popular, yet?
>

> Pete

From what I've read, Vimeo have been in court various times over the matter,
but won't give in.

As Vimeo is really a place for filmmakers, they want people to be able to
showcase their work as it was originally intended (making people change music
after they spent the last 6 months editing to a certain piece...would suck!).

So far, it seems that Vimeo is going to stay as is on the music front. I know
that they often delete things which are taken from TV, but that's a whole
nother matter.

Norbi

Norbi

May 18, 2012, 1:47:42 PM5/18/12
pumpkineater23 wrote:

> You're right about Vimeo, I really like it also. Is there any chance that
> there will always be a lack of copyright issues with Vimeo or is it just that
> it's a little behind youtube, not as large and popular, yet?
>

> Pete

From what I've read, Vimeo have been in court various times over the matter,
but won't give in.

As Vimeo is really a place for filmmakers, they want people to be able to
showcase their work as it was originally intended (making people change music
after they spent the last 6 months editing to a certain piece...would suck!).

So far, it seems that Vimeo is going to stay as is on the music front. I know
that they often delete things which are taken from TV, but that's a whole
nother matter.

Norbi

Reeses2150

May 19, 2012, 3:36:46 AM5/19/12
Love the new features and the overall site, but is anyone else having
trouble connecting to it lately? it seems that I'm getting big long
blocks of time when I can't seem to load it up X3

Scott Seltzer

May 19, 2012, 3:50:31 AM5/19/12
Reeses2150 wrote:

> Love the new features and the overall site, but is anyone else having
> trouble connecting to it lately? it seems that I'm getting big long
> blocks of time when I can't seem to load it up X3

According to http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/www.jugglehub.com -
"It's not just you! http://www.jugglehub.com looks down from here."

-Scott

Niall Kelly

May 19, 2012, 7:18:14 AM5/19/12
Scott Seltzer wrote:
> Reeses2150 wrote:
> >
> > Love the new features and the overall site, but is anyone else having
> > trouble connecting to it lately? it seems that I'm getting big long
> > blocks of time when I can't seem to load it up X3
>
> According to http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/www.jugglehub.com -
> "It's not just you! http://www.jugglehub.com looks down from here."
>
> -Scott

Sorry about that, its back online now. I've added some more server resources
to the site for now and I'll try to identify any other issues.

Peter Bone

May 21, 2012, 11:08:16 AM5/21/12
Norbi wrote:

> Talking of which, very nice job on the profile. Logged in with Facebook then
> found a very early post of mine which gave me back a large portion, then a
> more recent one which gave me back an even larger portion. Nice feature.

Hi Norbi. Just creating my profile here. How did you find your very early post
on here? I can't see a search function. The best I could do is set the threads
per page to 100 and keep clicking previous but to get back to 2001 would take
ages. So far it's only got my posts as far back as 2006.
Also, after clicking previous many times there was no quick way back to the
most recent. Even after closing the browser tab and reloading the site it was
still at the same place it was. Maybe I missed a very simple solution.
Pete

Little Paul

May 21, 2012, 11:21:52 AM5/21/12
On 2012-05-21, Peter Bone <pete...@hotmail.com.nospam.com> wrote:

> Hi Norbi. Just creating my profile here. How did you find your very early post
> on here? I can't see a search function.

I was about to point out the blindingly obvious search box, but then I went
to look at jugglehub to bolster my extreme smugness...

Only to find that I can't find it either. I could have sworn it was there
the other day!

-Paul
--
http://paulseward.com

Peter Bone

May 21, 2012, 11:30:02 AM5/21/12
Little Paul wrote:
> On 2012-05-21, Peter Bone wrote:
> >
> > Hi Norbi. Just creating my profile here. How did you find your very early post
> > on here? I can't see a search function.
>
> I was about to point out the blindingly obvious search box, but then I went
> to look at jugglehub to bolster my extreme smugness...
>
> Only to find that I can't find it either. I could have sworn it was there
> the other day!
>
> -Paul

Well that could explain how Norbi did it then. Thanks.

Norbi

May 21, 2012, 12:03:03 PM5/21/12
Little Paul wrote:
> Only to find that I can't find it either. I could have sworn it was there
> the other day!
>
> -Paul

It was indeed. I did the exact same, with the intention of also basking in
smugness.

Might be an idea to bring that back...

Norb

Niall Kelly

May 21, 2012, 12:06:40 PM5/21/12
Little Paul wrote:
> On 2012-05-21, Peter Bone wrote:
> >
> > Hi Norbi. Just creating my profile here. How did you find your very early post
> > on here? I can't see a search function.
>
> I was about to point out the blindingly obvious search box, but then I went
> to look at jugglehub to bolster my extreme smugness...
>
> Only to find that I can't find it either. I could have sworn it was there
> the other day!
>
> -Paul

I removed it temporarily as I think it could have caused the site's crash a
few days ago. I'll add it back once I've looked into it a bit more and fixed
it if necessary.

Dave Barnes

May 21, 2012, 12:12:53 PM5/21/12
Norbi wrote:
> Little Paul wrote:
> > Only to find that I can't find it either. I could have sworn it was there
> > the other day!
> >
> > -Paul
>
> It was indeed. I did the exact same, with the intention of also basking in
> smugness.
>
> Might be an idea to bring that back...

It's a meaning of 'search box' I'd not quite thought of before!

Dave

Norbi

May 24, 2012, 11:30:08 AM5/24/12
Ok maybe it's a stupid small thing, but it's something that I use all the time
and it bugs me that it doesn't work well on the hub.

When I go to a forum, or similar, based site I go through and command+click
(on a mac) on all the threads I'd like to read. This opens them in a new tab
without doing anything to my current tab. So when I'm ready I have a bunch of
tabs to read one by one.

On JuggleHub it still opens it in a new tab but also opens it in the current
tab. So then I have to go back to the last page before clicking on the next
one. It sounds so stupid and only a waste of half a second, but it's an
annoying block in efficiency.

Thanks for your time,
Norbi

Niall Kelly

May 24, 2012, 7:47:33 PM5/24/12
That was an easy change so its now fixed! I'll be working on the rest of
everyone's requests this weekend and fixing some bugs in the message display.

Norbi

May 24, 2012, 10:25:46 PM5/24/12
Yay! It's so small, but now it's WAY better!

Thanks,
Nor

Mike Moore

May 26, 2012, 9:55:02 AM5/26/12
Norbi wrote:
> Yay! It's so small, but now it's WAY better!
>
> Thanks,
> Nor

Agree 100 %. That's how I do it too, and am a much happier juggler now that
it's fixed. Thanks!

Mike

Iain

May 27, 2012, 10:59:18 AM5/27/12
Niall Kelly wrote:
> The JuggleHub has now been released!

Thanks! It's looking good.

I have some picky comments below. I couldn't find an email address for you
Niall, and was too lazy to sign up for yet another service to leave comments.

Best wishes,
Iain.

I think the line I quoted at the top of this post will be folded up in
JuggleHub. I think if only a small number of lines (<=6 ?) are quoted, it
would be better for them to be unfolded by default.

> Youtube videos are embedded in the article display.

Maybe provide the link too, for those that don't want to fight with flash to
get the real URL?

> Feel free to let me know if you uncover any bugs or if there are any
> features you'd like to see!

HTML tags inside thread subjects (and probably author names) need sanitizing
(replace < with &lt; and > with &gt;).

I'm looking forward to the search box returning. The javascript navigation
means that google doesn't index the site (or maybe they just haven't got
around to it yet). I wonder if a non-javascript version would be easy to offer
too (to enable crawling, and for broader accessibility) -- but maybe that's
what juggle junction is for.

On my small laptop screen there's quite a bit of space wasted on either side
of the page. I'd also prefer each thread to appear on only one line. A
greasemonkey script that (very hackily) patches the site to match my
preferences is:
http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/imurray2/code/user_scripts/jugglehub.user.js
(Subject to change. Currently breaks the site in Google chrome, only tested in
Firefox 13.) If a thread or author name is too long, it's truncated with
ellipsis. When this happens, the full text appears in a tooltip, and is still
available for copying to clipboard as usual by triple-clicking.

The date format could be prettier/shorter as implemented in headliner:
http://jugglejunction.org/newsreader.php

If you'd like help with the spam filtering, get in touch.

Iain

May 27, 2012, 11:06:22 AM5/27/12
Part of that didn't work so well:

Iain wrote:
> HTML tags inside thread subjects (and probably author names) need
> sanitizing (replace < with &lt; and > with &gt;).

And apparently there may be issues with the body of the posts too.

Before replacing the angle brackets with entities, also replace ampersands
with &amp; (or maybe I currently need to say &amp;amp; for it to appear
right).

Iain.