Chocfest

1 view

Jay Linn

Jul 30, 2003, 7:14:17 AM7/30/03
What happened?

Was it any good?

Gossip? Dirt? Slander? Tittle-tattle?

--
Jay Linn

Sack the BoD!! Oh, hang on a minute ...

Rob Stone

Jul 30, 2003, 8:54:38 AM7/30/03
In article <6KNVa.53138$xd5.3...@stones.force9.net>,
"Jay Linn" <J...@feck.arse.gerrels> wrote:

> What happened?

about 120 peeps turned up chilled out and had fun

> Was it any good?

difffernt, very relaxed due to sunshine and low number and LOST of space

top scalextric track fun and games

> Gossip? Dirt? Slander? Tittle-tattle?

you'll have to ask steve for that

some piccies will go on the site real soon now ....

Brian D Milner

Jul 30, 2003, 9:32:29 AM7/30/03
Rob Stone <rf...@york.ac.uk> wrote:
>difffernt, very relaxed due to sunshine and low number and LOST of space

You probably meant to say 'LOST *in* space' there.

--
Vaya con Dios.
Brian Milner, The Computer Centre,

Jay Linn

Jul 30, 2003, 11:14:15 AM7/30/03
"Brian D Milner" <ccu...@brunel.ac.uk> wrote in message

> Rob Stone <rf...@york.ac.uk> wrote:
> >difffernt, very relaxed due to sunshine and low number and LOST of space
>
> You probably meant to say 'LOST *in* space' there.

Lost in cake.

Sigh.

--
Jay Linn

This .sig is funnier than the last one.

sweavo

Jul 30, 2003, 2:08:39 PM7/30/03

"Rob Stone" <rf...@york.ac.uk> wrote

> In article <6KNVa.53138$xd5.3...@stones.force9.net>,
> "Jay Linn" <J...@feck.arse.gerrels> wrote:
>
> > Gossip? Dirt? Slander? Tittle-tattle?
>
> you'll have to ask steve for that

The show was good, though one of the comperes was a tosser, turning up in
his 'sports' car trying to impress the girlies.

Dave Barnes

Jul 30, 2003, 3:58:01 PM7/30/03
Rob Stone wrote:

> In article <6KNVa.53138$xd5.3...@stones.force9.net>,
> "Jay Linn" <J...@feck.arse.gerrels> wrote:
>
>> What happened?
>
> about 120 peeps turned up chilled out and had fun

[snippage]

> some piccies will go on the site real soon now ....

ooh that's a point - I've still not bothered to put mine online. Will stick
them up tonight. I didn't take many, and I don't think there's any
juggling in them!

Dave

.sig wonders if this newsreader is et up properly enough for this message to
post properly...

luke

Jul 30, 2003, 6:40:25 PM7/30/03

> > > Gossip? Dirt? Slander? Tittle-tattle?
> >
> > you'll have to ask steve for that
> >

> The show was good, though one of the comperes was a tosser, turning up in
> his 'sports' car trying to impress the girlies.

It worked though, didn't it?

*wink wink*

*nudge nudge*

Lukas

Rob Stone

Jul 31, 2003, 7:19:02 AM7/31/03
piccies re linked from www.chocfest.net

no feedback from punters then ? only the orgs
and performers, perhaps we shouldnt bother with any more ?

Adria M Moskowitz

Jul 31, 2003, 3:16:41 PM7/31/03
Thanks for posting the link to the pics. -Adria

Naomi

Jul 31, 2003, 10:09:59 AM7/31/03

"luke" <lu...@juggler.net> wrote in message

> It worked though, didn't it?

It was a nice try, turning up in a sports car so old that some, never
having seen one before, might think it was Italian. Didn't work for me.
Didn't old Edie drive one just like that but with a modified bonnet in "
Last of the Summer Wine?" ;-)

Naomi

mini mansell

Jul 31, 2003, 5:19:28 PM7/31/03

"Naomi" <Naomi_Sajer...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "luke" <lu...@juggler.net> wrote in message
> > > >

> > It worked though, didn't it?
> >
> It was a nice try, turning up in a sports car so old that some, never
> having seen one before, might think it was Italian. Didn't work for
me.

ah, but that was just the beginning of the sweavo charm offensive. later
on that night there was a combination of the "check out my sexy car, plus
the old. i am injured, nurse me" taking place. it was a joy to behold.
the sweavo in action.

mini mansell

Jul 31, 2003, 5:20:44 PM7/31/03
a comment from a non organiser and non performed.

it was a smashing day. relaxed in all the right places.

i found a nice corner. close walls and smooth floor to play bouncy.

the food was cheap and the after festy party was good

i was happy.

ne...@kepier.clara.net

Jul 31, 2003, 8:45:23 PM7/31/03

Not bad for my first UK fest...not a bad way to spend my B'day either ;)

Of course, I should probably have been more (inter)active...speaking of
which, does that club-hat game have a name?!

Oh, and as always, apart from the fun of being there, seeing the scarily
good jugglers wasn't bad either :) Now I have the EBJ I'll...well, ok, I
doubt I'll get that good ;)

Thanks for organising it,

--
Neil, who might decide to buy himself a unicycle as and when he passes his viva.

Little Paul

Aug 1, 2003, 4:46:38 AM8/1/03
ne...@kepier.clara.net wrote:
> Not bad for my first UK fest...not a bad way to spend my B'day either ;)

I've spent my last 5 or so birthdays at chocfests and can thoroughly
recomend it as a birthday destination...

Mind you, they were all in january and at the old venue so I don't
know if they count. Unfortunately I couldn't go to CF this year due to
other arrangements, which was a shame.

> Of course, I should probably have been more (inter)active...speaking of
> which, does that club-hat game have a name?!

clubs? as hats? Thats most likely "Gandini Gladiators" then. Always a
classic.

> Oh, and as always, apart from the fun of being there, seeing the scarily
> good jugglers wasn't bad either :)

I've always found that meeting them, talking to them and realising that
they're normal people too isn't bad either :)

-Paul
Wishing he could have been there this year.

Rob Stone

Aug 1, 2003, 5:47:48 AM8/1/03

> Of course, I should probably have been more (inter)active...speaking of
> which, does that club-hat game have a name?!

the name of the balance is "crown of thorns" the name of the game is
"Gandini Gladiators' in honour of the slow motion dance one has to do to
not loose the balance and cahse people.

> Oh, and as always, apart from the fun of being there, seeing the scarily
> good jugglers wasn't bad either :) Now I have the EBJ I'll...well, ok, I
> doubt I'll get that good ;)
>
> Thanks for organising it,

see now we all feel better :-)

you shold have told us it was your b'day we'd hae made you a cake :-)

Sweavo

Aug 1, 2003, 5:50:13 AM8/1/03

"Naomi" <Naomi_Sajer...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "luke" <lu...@juggler.net> wrote in message
> > > >

> > It worked though, didn't it?
> >
> It was a nice try, turning up in a sports car so old that some, never
> having seen one before, might think it was Italian.

It was *designed* by an italian, if that's any help. As to the "old", show
some respect! It's not too old to clip you round the ear, young fella me
lad. Or something.

Naomi

Aug 2, 2003, 1:07:41 AM8/2/03

"Sweavo" <spo...@paper.com> wrote in message

> > It was a nice try, turning up in a sports car so old that some, never
> > having seen one before, might think it was Italian.
>
> It was *designed* by an italian, if that's any help. As to the "old",
show
> some respect! It's not too old to clip you round the ear, young fella me
> lad. Or something.

Designed by an Italian? On a fag packet in between servings of the
spaghetti at the "O So Low Mio" Italian restaurant cum chip shop? Turn it
over, the Fiat 500 plans are on the other side.
PS gear oil, not grease in the trunnions or else the front wheels will fall
off.

;-) Naomi

Sweavo

Aug 4, 2003, 7:57:41 AM8/4/03

> Designed by an Italian? On a fag packet in between servings of the
> spaghetti at the "O So Low Mio" Italian restaurant cum chip shop? Turn
it
> over, the Fiat 500 plans are on the other side.

All the best cars are fag packet designs.

Mini: fagpacket.
Metro: designed by a commitee headed by the then Lady Diana Spencer.

I rest my case.

> PS gear oil, not grease in the trunnions or else the front wheels will
fall
> off.

Bugger, that explains it! I resorted to toothpaste and bogeys in the end.
They're not going anywhere now.